Old 8th July 2011, 05:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i 100% agree and enjoy a friendly film arguement now and again
we all do and that's what makes this such a unique place as we can talk about all sorts of weird and wonderful movies without resorting to petty name-calling.
Old 8th July 2011, 06:09 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
i 100% agree and enjoy a friendly film arguement now and again
Absolutley Plasterface, like i say, everyone's opinion counts, even if it is different to what i think, arguements are good for entertainment value, but i dont wanna see them turn vicious or personal, as i have seen on here before. If isay something that upsets someone, I'd like them to tell me, and i will apologise.

ok, back to Topic.......Any movie starring Cliff Richard and most of Elvis Presley's 60's films were BAD with a Capital B!!
Old 8th July 2011, 07:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
ok, back to Topic.......Any movie starring Cliff Richard and most of Elvis Presley's 60's films were BAD with a Capital B!!
I actually don't mind Elvis films. I mean they are completely stupid and I would never spend money on them or anything but they usually appear on day time television here in Australia so if you find yourself with nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon it's always fun to turn on the tv and watch a good (crappy) old Elvis film.
Old 8th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Flaming Star is a splendid film. Love Me Tender isn't bad either.
Old 10th July 2011, 05:49 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
I actually don't mind Elvis films. I mean they are completely stupid and I would never spend money on them or anything but they usually appear on day time television here in Australia so if you find yourself with nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon it's always fun to turn on the tv and watch a good (crappy) old Elvis film.
in that respect there are some watchable ones, i love elvis music, big fan, seen all the movies. they got worse as time went on.

i dont own a tv, so i gladly miss uk television. i buy dvds and use a portable player.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's funny seeing a thread like this on a forum of this nature. Let's face it, we revere movies that most people would think are amongst the worst of all time

I'm not going to review previous posts. Clearly some of you are taking this seriously and others are just taking the pee.

I'll give a few of my hated movies, some of them fairly recent;

Automaton Transfusion - I hate zed movies like this; rubbish acting, rubbish continuity, absolutely no narrative or logic, crap SFX. A great R1 DVD cover led to a bunch of lads making a movie using their college friends as extras. So we get mobs of zombies all the same age.in rubbish!

Children of the Living Dead - what a pile of steaming Even Flesh Eater is better than this, probably down to the nudity if nothing else.

Star Wars "prequels" - how not to make a movie. Ok, technically, the SFX are awesome, but everything else about them is poo-doo. No actual story, rubbish acting. For example; AOTC - the Jedi need to protect a senator, so they put her on a balcony style room with loads of windows, facing a city of millions of people. Good job! An assassin, paid by an assassin, that has the ability ot walk right up to the mark in the guise of a trusted servant buggers about with a tube full of dangerous critters....and so it went on. My brain bled.

Transformers 2 - Ok, I'll get flamed at least for this but I didn't mind the first. It was silly, vaccuous and the robot changes made no sense at all, but it was ok. The second was frickin terrible.

Drive Angry - the biggest sht pile that Nic Cage has been in. Even worse than Season of the Witch (this was ok but nothing special). It appeared to have been made by some metal head that slept in a speaker during a KORN gig.

Battle LA - soldiers against Chinese woks. Who thought that seeing a battle against wok wearing aliens seen from the marines point of view would be interesting? Stick on Aliens. See intelligence behind filmmaking and forget that Battle LA ever happened. A crock!

The Pirates sequels. A lesson in how to make miserably boring movies. I found myself just waiting for the quality lines delivered by the excellent Johnny Depp. They were too few and far between. I haven't seen 4, don't see the need to.

Paranormal Activity - Scary? Yes, if you've never seen a horror movie before. The only marginally interesting thing about it was the actress's distracting rack. Even when i couldn't see her, I was still thinking about it and then a cup moved across a table. Scary. Makes Poltergeist look like The Exorcist.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
Paranormal Activity - Scary? Yes, if you've never seen a horror movie before. The only marginally interesting thing about it was the actress's distracting rack. Even when i couldn't see her, I was still thinking about it and then a cup moved across a table. Scary. Makes Poltergeist look like The Exorcist.
Paranormal Activity. I never understood why people walked away from that talking about how scary it was. Why they bothered creating a sequel, I will never know...Oh right, Money.
What was with everyone thinking the events of that film were real though?
Why the camel shit was it all shot from a first person perspective through handheld and security camera's...I got over that style the first time I saw Diary Of The Dead.
Then they had to go and make Cloverfield through a FP perspective.
Hey Hollywood, First person filming looks like toilet water, Get it through your heads!
I started out typing some of my views on this film then I just got damn mad about how shitty this thing is!
Paranormal Activity? More like ! <Yeah, I just called it such a bad word that it had to be censored.
Old 11th July 2011, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Paranormal Activity. I never understood why people walked away from that talking about how scary it was. Why they bothered creating a sequel, I will never know...Oh right, Money.
What was with everyone thinking the events of that film were real though?
Why the camel shit was it all shot from a first person perspective through handheld and security camera's...I got over that style the first time I saw Diary Of The Dead.
Then they had to go and make Cloverfield through a FP perspective.
Hey Hollywood, First person filming looks like toilet water, Get it through your heads!
I started out typing some of my views on this film then I just got damn mad about how shitty this thing is!
Paranormal Activity? More like ! <Yeah, I just called it such a bad word that it had to be censored.

Well said 'Dog', I would guess this whole FP view comes from the popularity of FPS games on consoles/computers. You can hear the execs from here "Hey these kids like these shooting games, send a memo... let's film movies that way". 'Cloverfield' had a shot, but too much rom/com cheese and not enough monster for me ruin it, couple of good moments tho(like the idea of running away thru NYC at night)
Old 11th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
It's funny seeing a thread like this on a forum of this nature. Let's face it, we revere movies that most people would think are amongst the worst of all time

I'm not going to review previous posts. Clearly some of you are taking this seriously and others are just taking the pee.

I'll give a few of my hated movies, some of them fairly recent;

Automaton Transfusion - I hate zed movies like this; rubbish acting, rubbish continuity, absolutely no narrative or logic, crap SFX. A great R1 DVD cover led to a bunch of lads making a movie using their college friends as extras. So we get mobs of zombies all the same age.in rubbish!

Children of the Living Dead - what a pile of steaming Even Flesh Eater is better than this, probably down to the nudity if nothing else.

Star Wars "prequels" - how not to make a movie. Ok, technically, the SFX are awesome, but everything else about them is poo-doo. No actual story, rubbish acting. For example; AOTC - the Jedi need to protect a senator, so they put her on a balcony style room with loads of windows, facing a city of millions of people. Good job! An assassin, paid by an assassin, that has the ability ot walk right up to the mark in the guise of a trusted servant buggers about with a tube full of dangerous critters....and so it went on. My brain bled.

Transformers 2 - Ok, I'll get flamed at least for this but I didn't mind the first. It was silly, vaccuous and the robot changes made no sense at all, but it was ok. The second was frickin terrible.

Drive Angry - the biggest sht pile that Nic Cage has been in. Even worse than Season of the Witch (this was ok but nothing special). It appeared to have been made by some metal head that slept in a speaker during a KORN gig.

Battle LA - soldiers against Chinese woks. Who thought that seeing a battle against wok wearing aliens seen from the marines point of view would be interesting? Stick on Aliens. See intelligence behind filmmaking and forget that Battle LA ever happened. A crock!

The Pirates sequels. A lesson in how to make miserably boring movies. I found myself just waiting for the quality lines delivered by the excellent Johnny Depp. They were too few and far between. I haven't seen 4, don't see the need to.

gotta say agree with you wholeheartedly on that list
Old 13th July 2011, 12:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
King Creole?? not a "musical", not crap. and why does Drive Angry make so many people mad?? tis explotation in extremis IMO...

Like this? Share it using the links below!