All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th June 2015, 09:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Anyone got this? Give me a verdict?
It's also sitting in my basket at the moment and a definite purchase after such fond memories when watching it numerous times on the Saturday Morning Picture Show. This is a fantastic, well before its time movie, that I did not realise had had a BD release. Go for it J. I'm skint at the moment, so it will have to wait in the basket along with the Thriller Complete series, recommended by Dem. After watching an episode that is an extra on the Hands of the Ripper BD, this also is a must buy. Why do these sales come along when I'm broke?.....hold on, I'm always broke!
Old 14th June 2015, 01:19 PM
Cult Addict

Least its on for 3 weeks. Think I'll pick it up. Along with a few of the early Hitchcocks. Considering Thriller too.
Old 15th June 2015, 03:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Anyone got this? Give me a verdict?
Saw they had put this out, it's on the list. Slightly off topic..... Peter Christopherson used part of it as an "introduction" to his performance (as Threshold House Boys Choir) when I saw him in Glasgow. Knew then it would be a great night!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th June 2015, 09:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

You guys all have tons of knowledge, can you help me with this?

I want to buy a film called 'The world, The flesh and the Devil' but a lot of the feebay listings have this message 'Warner Archive MOD (Manufactured On Demand)' i understand what the words mean obviously but i have no idea what warner do with the disc? a lot of folks say it's a DVD-R but is legal? so are they using the movie poster and will send me a simple dvd in a wallet? will it be good quality?

ultimatly does anyone know if this film is worth my money and time? it's a big price for me as i have no idea if i will like it or not.

for your input.
Old 24th June 2015, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
You guys all have tons of knowledge, can you help me with this?

I want to buy a film called 'The world, The flesh and the Devil' but a lot of the feebay listings have this message 'Warner Archive MOD (Manufactured On Demand)' i understand what the words mean obviously but i have no idea what warner do with the disc? a lot of folks say it's a DVD-R but is legal? so are they using the movie poster and will send me a simple dvd in a wallet? will it be good quality?

ultimatly does anyone know if this film is worth my money and time? it's a big price for me as i have no idea if i will like it or not.

for your input.
The archive titles are pressed to order etc. They aren't remastered etc, but will arrive in a proper sleeve etc. If I remember, the film is ok, can't you find it on youtube??
Vipp likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 24th June 2015, 11:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The archive titles are pressed to order etc. They aren't remastered etc, but will arrive in a proper sleeve etc. If I remember, the film is ok, can't you find it on youtube??
I looked for it but it seems to have just clips on youtube. which is a shame because that £12.99 is 2 arrow blu rays in the sale so for someone on a very limited budget i need to put my money where it works the most. but it sounds like a great film.

I found another movie called 'On the beach - 1959) on the youtubes so that was a bonus, i haven't seen all of it yet but i liked what i saw. but i couldn;t find this one.
Old 24th June 2015, 11:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I looked for it but it seems to have just clips on youtube. which is a shame because that £12.99 is 2 arrow blu rays in the sale so for someone on a very limited budget i need to put my money where it works the most. but it sounds like a great film.

I found another movie called 'On the beach - 1959) on the youtubes so that was a bonus, i haven't seen all of it yet but i liked what i saw. but i couldn;t find this one.
On the Beach is fairly PO, quite grim for a hollywood film if I remember etc.
I would recommend Rats - Night Of Terror...but then I would
Vipp likes this.

[B]
Old 24th June 2015, 11:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
On the Beach is fairly PO, quite grim for a hollywood film if I remember etc.
I would recommend Rats - Night Of Terror...but then I would
Haha, i like that film, i only have the vipco release so i bet someone has a better copy than i do, but i like the film. not as serious as i like em but very fun indeed. i like the films on the 'THREADS' side of the fence.
Old 24th June 2015, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Haha, i like that film, i only have the vipco release so i bet someone has a better copy than i do, but i like the film. not as serious as i like em but very fun indeed. i like the films on the 'THREADS' side of the fence.
Noted, you might like this then....
Vipp likes this.

[B]
Old 24th June 2015, 11:52 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks Demoncrat! i will check this out, I remember the title but i haven't seen this before. I will add this to my watch pile. i love these films.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!