Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with cost and access to decent materials. I don't think AE generally produce their own masters, so instead buy a master created by another company and then release it.

I think AE may be releasing a box set of his films though if you want to wait. If not, Criterion has released Ivan's Childhood and Solaris and Kino have released Nostalghia.
I'm happy to wait mate, i think i have been wanting to watch Stalker for about 5 years now, a little longer won't hurt. AE released a box set of his films in 2011 but that seems to be OOP and quite expensive. Is there any way of me knowing when they plan to release the next set so i don;t miss out mate? a newsletter maybe? i will have a look at their website.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:49 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm 99% certain the only option is to play the extended version.
The UK Steelbook contains 2 Blu discs - 1 disc is the same as the previous release and 1 disc is the extended cut. Discs are not very well labelled though.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:57 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
The UK Steelbook contains 2 Blu discs - 1 disc is the same as the previous release and 1 disc is the extended cut. Discs are not very well labelled though.
Aside from the packaging, that's the main difference between the Steelbook and Amaray releases: the Amaray only contains the disc with the extended cut.
Old 25th May 2015, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I could use some advice from the locals, i have been wanting to watch a failm for YEARS called Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky, but even the VHS has a nasty high price but i won;t pirate the movie as i think im going to really enjoy it and i want my first viewing to be as clear and crisp as i can get it.

here is my problem the film is so expensive -why did Artificial Eye not reprint more copies? does anyone know where i can get a cheap copy to watch?

artificial eye released a boxset of his in 2011 but it seems the folks on ebay have broken the set down and are selling each film from the set at crazy prices.

i need a bit of help, also does anyone think someone like Arrow would be interested in picking up this film? Stalker i mean?

Have you read Roadside Picnic btw? Tis the Stanisaw Lem novel that Stalker is based on.....
Vipp likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th May 2015, 03:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm happy to wait mate, i think i have been wanting to watch Stalker for about 5 years now, a little longer won't hurt. AE released a box set of his films in 2011 but that seems to be OOP and quite expensive. Is there any way of me knowing when they plan to release the next set so i don;t miss out mate? a newsletter maybe? i will have a look at their website.
There hasn't been any official announcement yet. I doubt the set will be limited when they do announce though.
Vipp likes this.
Old 26th May 2015, 12:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have you read Roadside Picnic btw? Tis the Stanisaw Lem novel that Stalker is based on.....
I haven;t mate, i will see if i can track that down, assuming it has been translated to English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
There hasn't been any official announcement yet. I doubt the set will be limited when they do announce though.
I will grab a copy of it when it hits the stores, they don;t seem to have a newsletter or anything to show new releases, i just hope i don't forget and find it when it's released. Do you know if it;s just the dvd film on Blu-Ray or a new transfer?
Old 26th May 2015, 12:53 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I will grab a copy of it when it hits the stores, they don;t seem to have a newsletter or anything to show new releases, i just hope i don't forget and find it when it's released. Do you know if it;s just the dvd film on Blu-Ray or a new transfer?
No idea I'm afraid! The set and release of it is just rumoured at present, so nothing definitive to report at the moment.
Vipp likes this.
Old 27th May 2015, 09:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I haven;t mate, i will see if i can track that down, assuming it has been translated to English.

It has, part of a scfi masterworks series etc...enjoy!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st May 2015, 04:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default listen

Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the *****, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who wants to know is this release mutts nuts or not?

81lXkFfj9xL._SL1263_.jpg

Old 31st May 2015, 07:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I think it's great Ron.

Ask Bizarre_Eye for his opinion as he hadn't seen it before he got the Network release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!