Like Tree3591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2018, 07:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Yep some films would, but still plenty of films that still use real stunts ,sure most of the stunts are real in the mission impossible films etc. I was more talking about sci-fi and fantasy films which are effects heavy , and if the cgi is done right they look great and add to your immersion in the film,granted a lot with shitty effects.
But even in the 80's which you mentioned, they still used practical methods in sci-fi, especially in model work for space craft and the like.

I like the Marvel films. Avengers Assembly was terrific, but others are just so CGI heavy. I zone out of them when they start throwing buildings and planets at each other.

This new one where Captain Marvel saves the day...It won't be long before Galactus twats everyone using planets in a universal game of ten pin bowling.

Maybe i just prefer my superheroes to be more grounded ala the Keaton and Nolan Batman movies.

Thinking out loud now. TV stuff like Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl are also FX heavy but in moderation. It's all so less in your face. Maybe they should cut Marvel movies budgets by 100m or so?
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st September 2018, 07:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
But even in the 80's which you mentioned, they still used practical methods in sci-fi, especially in model work for space craft and the like.

I like the Marvel films. Avengers Assembly was terrific, but others are just so CGI heavy. I zone out of them when they start throwing buildings and planets at each other.

This new one where Captain Marvel saves the day...It won't be long before Galactus twats everyone using planets in a universal game of ten pin bowling.

Maybe i just prefer my superheroes to be more grounded ala the Keaton and Nolan Batman movies.

Thinking out loud now. TV stuff like Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl are also FX heavy but in moderation. It's all so less in your face. Maybe they should cut Marvel movies budgets by 100m or so?
Sure they could easily cut the budgets ,but sure a lot of the time cgi is cheaper than pratical, but I do think the likes of horrors should use practical effects as cgi always looks lousy in them.
Old 21st September 2018, 08:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Sure they could easily cut the budgets ,but sure a lot of the time cgi is cheaper than pratical, but I do think the likes of horrors should use practical effects as cgi always looks lousy in them.
Oh definitely. CGI blood spraying is an embarrassment. The Midnight Meat Train was practically unwatchable due to shitty CGI blood.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 22nd September 2018, 07:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

First pic of new look of chucky

https://screenrant.com/childs-play-m...ky-images/amp/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chucky-from-the-Childs-Play-movie-reboot.jpg (48.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
No Mancini or Dourif! They know what they can do with this new reboot.

Last years Cult of Chucky was great as was the one before it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd September 2018, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No Mancini or Dourif! They know what they can do with this new reboot.

Last years Cult of Chucky was great as was the one before it.
Nope they aren't , and that also besides the recent gripes are part the reason why a lot of films are failing at the box office, companies think they can cash in on franchises anyway they want and expect a win win situation and doesn't always work like that, hence also the recent announcement from Disney over the star wars films realising now they are pushing them to much that people are getting bored and its effecting people flocking to the cinema so they are going to slow down on them and to much of a good thing is becoming a bit of a mistake

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...ar-wars-movies

https://www.nme.com/news/disney-goin...movies-2382195

But back to childs play in the link it also explains Mancini and Dourif are concentrating more on getting the TV series going

reported that Dourif won't be reprising the role for the Child's Play reboot. The actor and Mancini are instead focusing their efforts on getting a Child's Play TV series off the ground and running for Universal .
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th September 2018, 08:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Creed II trailer
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th September 2018, 09:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

keirarts likes this.
Old 26th September 2018, 09:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, awesome. Classic Optimus Prime design.
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th September 2018, 10:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yay!

Like this? Share it using the links below!