Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2010, 04:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i think Harry and the Hendersons and it's spin off show are the only bigfoot things ive ever seen unless you class the Wampa in Empire strikes back as big foot.
How about Chewbacca?
Old 13th July 2010, 05:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Chewbacca's a wookie, he's not a yeti, there is a difference.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have to confess, I've never sat down & watched any Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti movies apart from one mentioned in this thread, back in the day (Night of the something, the name escapes me now.)

But being a fan of mountain men/cannibal movies ala Wrong Turn, Hills Have Eyes, Don't Go in the Woods, Just Before Dawn, etc It seems to me that Bigfoot/Sasquatch movies would probably be a natural progession for me to get into, so if someone can recommend the good (or the bad) ones that I should seek out, that'll be great.

You make it easy.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Mmm well out of the Bigfoot films I've seen so far I'd recommened Sasquatch: Legend Of Bigfoot as it's set in the forest and has some great great moments in, though it's all done in a docudrama style. Other than that check out Shriek Of The Mutilated it's so brilliantly bad (plus it's a 'slasher' set in the woods too)

I've just finished watching Clawed . I was expecting it to be a modern turd like Bigfoot: Holler Creek Canyon (YUCK!) but I was surprised...it was actually good. It's a film about a geeky guy and a jock who go camping in the woods looking for Grizzly bears only to encounter a sasquatch. Sounds stupid and the plot is, but it's all done very well. Very well acted. I looked at how long was left (not because I was bored) and found there was only 20 minutes left. I couldn't believe it - hardly anyone had died! So don't watch this if your after a gory bigfoot slasher, but if you want something slightly more...naive and innocent check it out.

Plus ol' Bigfoot is quite different - being almost like a ghost figure sometimes. The costume of the yeti looked incredible too.
Old 15th July 2010, 10:38 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just recieved an original 1970s (1977 to be precise - the high of yeti mania) Bigfoot fiction book through the post. Here's the cover which looks a lot better in real life:

Anyone ever read it? It's quite obscure. Here's the blurb:

"Death in the snow.
Out there in the snowy silence of the woods a monster was on the prowl, a massive, hairy creature nearly ten feel tall, with terrible hooked claws and eyes like burning coals. Sasquatch, Big Foot - the names meant the same thing.
The first body they found had no head, and the others were even more horribly mutilated. Finally a loner named Russ McChord loaded his rifle and went after the Sasquatch.
It was man against monster in a fight to the finish."

Sounds pretty typical of a Bigfoot horror film off the 70s but should be an interesting read...hopefully.
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Watched Abominable tonight and thought it was BRILLIANT! Easily one of the best Bigfoot horrors. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended.

Oh, btw, that book mentioned in the previous post was a great read. Not very gory at all and most of the book is just talk about whether the characters believe it exists,etc. Nevertheless I really did enjoy it.
Old 29th September 2010, 06:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Heres a new release .it apperars to be a mish msh of films and docs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bigfoot dvd.jpg (56.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 5th October 2010, 02:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Heres one out this week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sasquatch film.jpg (60.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 20th October 2010, 11:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ooooh. Thanks for that Gigantor!

I just finished watching a new fav bad film of mine; Blood Beast Of Monster Mountain (1976). Oh boy was this HILLARIOUS and yet so bad. If you thought Shriek Of The Mutilated was bad/good, you haven't seen anything yet. This obscure 70s bigfoot film is, like so many, attempts to be a documentary on Bigfoot, but totally fails (and gives up). There's a reporter/narrator who's about as gormless as a sloth who attempts to explain the TRUE (!) legend of bigfoot - which includes about 10 minutes of old stock footage of...monkeys...in a zoo. But whilst there is that 'documentary' aspect to the film, it focuses more on the 'film' side of things, following a character who goes by the name of Bestoink Dooley (I am going to officially change my name to this one day) played by George Ellis. He stills the show. Imagine a cross between Mr. Bean, Oliver Hardy and Joe Spinell from Maniac! I've never heard of this character before but it appears that he's got a (very obscure) cult following - Bestoink Dooley - Mike Durrett CONFIDENTIAL

Anyways, I urge you all to track this film down and watch it - it's soooo bad - you'll be laughing non-stop.

I can't find a poster or trailer for the film, but here are the clips of youtube from the film...

Old 21st October 2010, 03:57 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

According to the opening song, the Bigfoot can breathe fire. Yeah...fire.

I've uploaded it here -

Like this? Share it using the links below!