Old 26th September 2012, 09:39 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I'll try and find a copy on payday.

!
I have a nice three pack with Duel, Death Race 2000 and Repo Man .

Apologies, its deleted and is going for fifty big ones on Amazon and Play.
Old 27th September 2012, 09:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I have a nice three pack with Duel, Death Race 2000 and Repo Man .

Apologies, its deleted and is going for fifty big ones on Amazon and Play.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSTAAAAAAAARD!

Greetings!
Old 27th September 2012, 09:46 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

'Scary' has many meanings as it could be something which makes you jump or makes for really uncomfortable viewing. For me, one of the scariest scenes in the film is in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre when Sally is tied to a chair and the three family members are cackling, whooping and verbally tormenting her. It's just so intense and shows what a desperate position Sally is in, with every plea either falling on deaf ears or being ridiculed and the performances, editing and sound design, coupled with the extremely macabre costumes and set dressing, make it extremely scary.

Old 27th September 2012, 09:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I still haven't seen Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I love horror films and violent films, but from what I've heard about this film, I think the violence may be too much.

Don't get me wrong, I love violent films, but there is a certain level of violence (Saw III etc.) that just find hard to stomach and I've always thought this was one of those films.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:05 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I still haven't seen Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I love horror films and violent films, but from what I've heard about this film, I think the violence may be too much.

Don't get me wrong, I love violent films, but there is a certain level of violence (Saw III etc.) that just find hard to stomach and I've always thought this was one of those films.
The title is slightly misleading as there is an extremely low death toll and much of the violence occurs offscreen – there is an apocryphal tale that Tobe Hooper asked the MPAA for a G certificate due to the absence of swearing, sex, nudity and on-screen violence!

At no point does the film below on violence or use it as a central theme, so it's not comparable to Saw III or any similar modern horror films.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The title is slightly misleading as there is an extremely low death toll and much of the violence occurs offscreen – there is an apocryphal tale that Tobe Hooper asked the MPAA for a G certificate due to the absence of swearing, sex, nudity and on-screen violence!

At no point does the film below on violence or use it as a central theme, so it's not comparable to Saw III or any similar modern horror films.
Thanks for the advise .

As I said before in my last post, I love horror (that's why I'm here) and crave violence I didn't think Murder Set Pieces was THAT controversial (except for the child murder), but I think that films such as Saw III push the line of what's awesome violence/gore and unwatchable tortures.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

What Nos says.

It is indeed an extremely violent film - but almost all the violence takes place in the viewer's head! The sounds and images are all very grim and frightening, but what you see on the screen is never too explicit.

One of the finest Horror movies ever. Still scares the sh*t out of me, and I've seen quite a few nasty films in my life.

Greetings!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 27th September 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 27th September 2012, 10:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I might try and grab a copy, just out of curiosity
Old 27th September 2012, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks for the advise .

As I said before in my last post, I love horror (that's why I'm here) and crave violence I didn't think Murder Set Pieces was THAT controversial (except for the child murder), but I think that films such as Saw III push the line of what's awesome violence/gore and unwatchable tortures.
I used Google for some screen caps and some reviews - sorry, but this movie is definitely too sick for me. Way too much bloody torture (pun intended).

Greetings!
Old 27th September 2012, 11:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I used Google for some screen caps and some reviews - sorry, but this movie is definitely too sick for me. Way too much bloody torture (pun intended).

Greetings!
You're making the right decision by refusing to watch Murder Set Pieces, because it's utter shite! Characters are boring, violence is boring and it just seemed to drag on for hours! Please don't watch it !!!!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!