Old 16th April 2013, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
You must be wrong you have to be please be wrong
I am, slightly. This must be what I'd read on Wikipedia

On New Year's Eve 2003, Lifeson, his son, and his daughter-in-law were arrested at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Naples, Florida. Lifeson, after intervening in an altercation between his son and police, was accused of assaulting a sheriff's deputy in what was described as a drunken brawl. In addition to suffering a broken nose at the hands of the officers, Lifeson was tased six times. His son was also tased repeatedly.
On April 21, 2005, Lifeson and his son agreed to a plea deal with the local prosecutor for the State's Attorney office to avoid jail time by pleading no contest to a first-degree misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest without violence. As part of the plea agreement Lifeson and his son were each sentenced to 12 months of probation with the adjudication of that probation suspended. Lifeson acknowledged his subsequent legal action against both the Ritz-Carlton and the Collier County Sheriff's Department for "their incredibly discourteous, arrogant and aggressive behaviour of which I had never experienced in thirty years of travel." Although both actions were initially dismissed in April 2007, legal claims against the Ritz-Carlton were reinstated upon appeal, and ultimately settled out of court in August 2008, with Lifeson and his son agreeing to a confidential settlement from Ritz-Carlton.

Just a drunken incident, I'm sure the majority of rock stars have been there so rest assured, I am mistaken
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th April 2013, 10:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I am, slightly. This must be what I'd read on Wikipedia

On New Year's Eve 2003, Lifeson, his son, and his daughter-in-law were arrested at the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Naples, Florida. Lifeson, after intervening in an altercation between his son and police, was accused of assaulting a sheriff's deputy in what was described as a drunken brawl. In addition to suffering a broken nose at the hands of the officers, Lifeson was tased six times. His son was also tased repeatedly.
On April 21, 2005, Lifeson and his son agreed to a plea deal with the local prosecutor for the State's Attorney office to avoid jail time by pleading no contest to a first-degree misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest without violence. As part of the plea agreement Lifeson and his son were each sentenced to 12 months of probation with the adjudication of that probation suspended. Lifeson acknowledged his subsequent legal action against both the Ritz-Carlton and the Collier County Sheriff's Department for "their incredibly discourteous, arrogant and aggressive behaviour of which I had never experienced in thirty years of travel." Although both actions were initially dismissed in April 2007, legal claims against the Ritz-Carlton were reinstated upon appeal, and ultimately settled out of court in August 2008, with Lifeson and his son agreeing to a confidential settlement from Ritz-Carlton.

Just a drunken incident, I'm sure the majority of rock stars have been there so rest assured, I am mistaken

YYYYAAAAYYYYYYYY hes still cool

Rik likes this.
Old 17th April 2013, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been bashing this out today, nice and loud seeing as we're throwing it in as set 2 opener at Friday's gig, thought I'd better familarise myself with the solo

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th April 2013, 01:20 PM
Cult Veteran

Is anyone getting involved with Record Store Day this weekend? Death Waltz Records are doing some cool ultra-rare 12" and 7" singles available for 1 day only. Lots of other stuff available as well but trying not to look because I don't want to spend too much money

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th April 2013, 01:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Been bashing this out today, nice and loud seeing as we're throwing it in as set 2 opener at Friday's gig, thought I'd better familarise myself with the solo

Great minds think alike – I listened to Led Zeppelin I-IV and Physical Graffiti earlier on. So many great songs and examples of rock perfection.
Rik likes this.
Old 17th April 2013, 02:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Is anyone getting involved with Record Store Day this weekend? Death Waltz Records are doing some cool ultra-rare 12" and 7" singles available for 1 day only. Lots of other stuff available as well but trying not to look because I don't want to spend too much money
Skiiiiiint. But there are some lovely things floating about.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th April 2013, 03:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Great minds think alike – I listened to Led Zeppelin I-IV and Physical Graffiti earlier on. So many great songs and examples of rock perfection.
If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out the How The West Was Won live 3 CD set and the 2 Disc DVD that goes with it, hours of awesomeness
Old 17th April 2013, 08:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If you haven't already, I'd suggest checking out the How The West Was Won live 3 CD set and the 2 Disc DVD that goes with it, hours of awesomeness
Thanks for the recommendation – I'll buy it when I have some funds in my bank!
Rik likes this.
Old 17th April 2013, 08:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Listening to two daughters and a son squabbling at the table over homework....

Can't hear my Twilight saga CD over the ruckus...

Be back in a minute....
PaulD likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ah...thank the Lord for Napalm.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!