Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > New York Ripper
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2010, 03:10 PM
Cult Rookie

nicely encouraged, just ordered it
Old 12th November 2010, 05:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not that I would be too thrilled if the BBFC return and say the film still has to be cut ( that doesn't happen), I dusted off my Shameless dvd earlier today and had a look at the scene, It's surprising how well it's been edited.
Old 12th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Not that I would be too thrilled if the BBFC return and say the film still has to be cut ( that doesn't happen), I dusted off my Shameless dvd earlier today and had a look at the scene, It's surprising how well it's been edited.
It is a good edit, but Blu-Ray is still a bit of an a aficionado's format (and especially for a film like this), meaning that the majority of the sales will probably come from hardcore fans - most of whom will have the uncut BU Blu-Ray...

I hope I'm wrong and that it sells really well, as I want to see Shameless release more stuff on Blu (or better yet: that it is released uncut!), but I don't see many Joe Public buying this retail at £20 a pop from HMV.
Old 13th November 2010, 09:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Blu-Ray is still a bit of an a aficionado's format (and especially for a film like this), meaning that the majority of the sales will probably come from hardcore fans - most of whom will have the uncut BU Blu-Ray...
Great point... I am one of those.

Regardless of the extras, I will only buy this if it´s uncut.

I have my PS3 for 3 years now but I only started buying Blu-Rays last year.
I still don´t have "New York Ripper" on Blu and my dvd is the BU last version.

I will buy this Blu from Shameless on if it´s uncut, or else my money goes to BU.
Old 14th November 2010, 11:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Does anyone know if the Shameless Blu-rays will have the spines like the DVD's so that you have to buy the set to keep it all matching? I do hope so

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 16th November 2010, 08:10 PM
Cult Rookie

bought it, watched it, liked it.

To be honest, it didn't bother me having a bit sliced out (at the end I'm guessing judging by the slowmo bits). Its a GRIM movie! You'd have to be serious beliver in civil liberties to insist on some of that shit being reinstated before making a purchase toss up.

Quality stuff, thanks for the recommendation!
Old 16th November 2010, 08:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Absolutely spot on mate.

I'm one of those hardcore people who own multiple editions of films.
I already own 4 NYR on various labels.

So I'll be buying it cut or uncut.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th November 2010, 08:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilman View Post
If the boat is pushed out on the packaging/new extras a la the Arrow releases, I might bite.
Same here and my Amazon pre-order has not long been processed.

Personally, i'm still begrudgingly expecting censor cuts but i would love to be proven wrong and be nicely surprised by the B.B.F.C. They did us proud passing Deep Red and Inferno intact and i like to at least try to remain optimistic that TNYR my survive unscathed this time around.

Otherwise, it's the prospect of exclusive extras and potential improved packaging that has convinced me to buy Fulci's savage slasher on U.K. BR.
Old 28th November 2010, 02:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It would be amazing if it did come through unscathed. It always bemuses me a bit though. It's brutal but no more brutal than somethings that have been passed. Coming under the guise of sexualised violence seems a bit of a misconception to me as the killer's motives aren't sexual and he doesn't have any sexual contact with his victims.

The only real bit of sexualised violence you don't actually see in the hotel room...
Old 28th November 2010, 04:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's true as the infamous scene involving nipple slicing is done for sexual pleasure but to aggravate the detective and it's not imitatable behaviour like the BBFC's rulings on head butts and nunchucks.

Like this? Share it using the links below!