Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels

Like Tree14488Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3041  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:04 PM
Susan Foreman's Avatar
Cult Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Basil Fawlty country: The English Riviera
Default

From High Rising Productions FaceBook page:

"Tried to convince 88 to do special editions on Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 but been told they will sell without any extras from cast and crew. Hope I am proven wrong but very concerned they are about to learn the hard way that they need to invest in better editions of their catalogue."
__________________
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Reply With Quote
  #3042  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:08 PM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
From High Rising Productions FaceBook page:

"Tried to convince 88 to do special editions on Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 but been told they will sell without any extras from cast and crew. Hope I am proven wrong but very concerned they are about to learn the hard way that they need to invest in better editions of their catalogue."
Ouch. Both the shout factory releases are loaded. Shall be sticking with them.
Reply With Quote
  #3043  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:17 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Ouch. Both the shout factory releases are loaded. Shall be sticking with them.
Ditto.

Was already sliding towards the Shout releases anyway what with 88 not having the first one, but now I'll definitely be importing all three at some point.
Reply With Quote
  #3044  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:22 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Ditto.

Was already sliding towards the Shout releases anyway what with 88 not having the first one, but now I'll definitely be importing all three at some point.
I want to buy them to keep the run going and support British companies, but not having the extras is far from ideal. However, if I really want to listen to the commentaries, I have the Anchor Bay DVD set of the trilogy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3045  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:41 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want to buy them to keep the run going and support British companies, but not having the extras is far from ideal. However, if I really want to listen to the commentaries, I have the Anchor Bay DVD set of the trilogy.
I like to support British companies too (even more so at the moment with the state of physical media - and especially for niche boutique releases), but unfortunately my finances when it comes to home media expenditure are only finite and with a wish list as long as a giant squid's tentacle I can't afford to support lazy-ass releases when there is a comparably priced better alternative on the market.

I'm not one to bother about run/spine numbers myself either (even though I do arrange my Blus by distributor, I arrange alphabetically ignoring the numbers - sacrilege I know!), although for me the slasher collection run was ruined when they decided to include the Children of the Corn sequels. I think if you start buying into a release because it's numbered and part of a collection, then the releases start to own you rather than you owning the releases.

I have them all up to the Children of the Corn Trilogy though and have Scalps on pre-order. I will also be picking up Drive-In Massacre and Prozzie when they fall to 8.99 at the usual haunts.

I'm also very much looking forward to finding out what their latest Italian and Slasher Collection acquisitions are - as long as they're not more Children of the Corn sequels!
Reply With Quote
  #3046  
Old 21st February 2016, 02:47 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I know exactly what you mean. It's a bit like the line in Fight Club about the things you own starting to own you, and buying things for the sake of having them rather than the genuine need.

Like I said, I don't really need them as I already have the films on DVD, and not releasing the first film is disappointing but, as with others which have been released and some which will be released, I'm going to buy them anyway.
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3047  
Old 21st February 2016, 03:32 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Is Prozzie any good?

I've never seen it. I think the nearest i've ever come to it is picking up the VIPCO vhs in a shop once.
keirarts likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #3048  
Old 21st February 2016, 03:34 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is Prozzie any good?

I've never seen it. I think the nearest i've ever come to it is picking up the VIPCO vhs in a shop once.
As mentioned previously, I haven't seen it either so would also be interested to hear input from anyone here who has (whether good or bad). It sounds interesting from what little I've read about it though and I'm willing to take a 8.99 punt on an interesting sounding curio!
Reply With Quote
  #3049  
Old 21st February 2016, 04:13 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
As mentioned previously, I haven't seen it either so would also be interested to hear input from anyone here who has (whether good or bad). It sounds interesting from what little I've read about it though and I'm willing to take a 8.99 punt on an interesting sounding curio!
I'll see what you think of it first. You as in yourself and the other CL members.

Looking forward to Scalps though.

You're a glutton for punishment regarding Drive-in Massacre, B_E.

I presume you must like it (as i do) because it doesn't have an awful lot going for it really and i couldn't ever recommend it.
Reply With Quote
  #3050  
Old 21st February 2016, 06:26 PM
Mojo's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is Prozzie any good?

I've never seen it. I think the nearest i've ever come to it is picking up the VIPCO vhs in a shop once.
I watched it years ago and didn't think it was very good. Mind you, having the Vipco stamp of quality over it probably didn't help. I'll give it another go, though.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.