Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree16558Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2017, 11:20 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I wish that 88 Films color corrected their transfers, as the Code Red and Severin always looks better on that front.

I don't know why 88 Films don't bother with this?
Their Italian transfers very often have a yellowish color tone to them.
Perhaps its reflected in the price differences. I think 88 may have budgetary issues.
Old 30th March 2017, 11:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Perhaps its reflected in the price differences. I think 88 may have budgetary issues.

I would say that is definitely the reason why
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th March 2017, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I would say that is definitely the reason why
I wouldn't.

Have you seen how many films 88 have released? They have a huge catalogue now. They must be making pretty decent profits.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I wouldn't.

Have you seen how many films 88 have released? They have a huge catalogue now. They must be making pretty decent profits.
or they are going for volume instead of profit margin - stackin' high sellin' cheap.

its clear they sometimes don't spend as much money on clean up and colour correction as some other companies. i think most collectors would be well advised to hold off till at least two years after an 88 disc is launched to see if anything superior comes out in US.
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:42 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
or they are going for volume instead of profit margin - stackin' high sellin' cheap.

its clear they sometimes don't spend as much money on clean up and colour correction as some other companies. i think most collectors would be well advised to hold off till at least two years after an 88 disc is launched to see if anything superior comes out in US.
Yes i should have clarified really.

They release a hell of a lot more films than the likes of Camera Obscura, Mondo Macabro and Raro to name but three.

They also earned a lot over what was required from that crowd funding campaign last year. If they weren't making a decent profit they wouldn't be releasing things, the way the market is today.

I'm not knocking 88 at all. I've bought six of their releases this year including Syndicate Sadists this week.
Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 30th March 2017, 01:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes i should have clarified really.

They release a hell of a lot more films than the likes of Camera Obscura, Mondo Macabro and Raro to name but three.

They also earned a lot over what was required from that crowd funding campaign last year. If they weren't making a decent profit they wouldn't be releasing things, the way the market is today.

I'm not knocking 88 at all. I've bought six of their releases this year including Syndicate Sadists this week.
me neither - they have made available some good cult titles at reasonable prices for the region B market. they are what they are...
Old 30th March 2017, 02:40 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default The 88 Films Thread

Return To Horror High is now in stock.

IMG_3992.jpgIMG_3993.jpgIMG_3994.JPGIMG_3995.jpgIMG_3996.jpg
keirarts likes this.
Old 30th March 2017, 02:48 PM
Cult Addict

With the risk of raising the ire of a certain Dr. I think 88 need to look a little closer at the business models of other firms in regards to releases. Spend a bit more on the releases with colour correction ect. Avoid titles with obvious potential censor issues and pad the releases out with a bit more bonus material.
I remember Arrow when they were starting out and they were absolutely plagued by QC issues. Now while they get flak for releasing less Italian genre pics. I would point out that more or less the current releases are of a far higher quality. Occasionally you get ones like bloodstained butterfly where a German firm gets a little more out of the title but then that's usually reflected in a higher price point.
Rik, Justin101, TJ Doc and 2 others like this.
Old 30th March 2017, 02:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
me neither - they have made available some good cult titles at reasonable prices for the region B market. they are what they are...
I have all of 88's Italian Collection on blu and am really happy with the quality of the releases. I come from the VHS era where these sort of titles were either unavailable, available but cut to ribbons, or uncut in shitty fuzzy editions. So I'm more than happy to buy their product - £9.99 for a brand new HD remastered edition with extras is an absolute steal.
Old 30th March 2017, 02:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Ha,ha. Return to Horror High is one i most certainly won't be buying. I have it from when it was released by Boulevard as part of the B-Movie Collection. Terrible film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!