Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2011, 08:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Just had an email from Movietyme letting me know that Pets is unavailable. To be honest it was a bit of stretch on my part (I thought it was too good to be true) but a bit annoying that they take payment then tell you a week later that it is out of stock. It was £11 I could have spent on something else.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Just had an email from Movietyme letting me know that Pets is unavailable. To be honest it was a bit of stretch on my part (I thought it was too good to be true) but a bit annoying that they take payment then tell you a week later that it is out of stock. It was £11 I could have spent on something else.
£11 for Pets! christ, id have gone for that as well, last price i saw that at was £59 on amazon.com etc. nae luck chief!
Old 26th August 2011, 06:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Tom and Kendra over at Moon Town review the James Bryan Film Festival...

Old 27th August 2011, 08:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

"Just a heads up, for those interested in STUNT ROCK, the 2 disc edition is officially OOP as of today, even though it was limited to 1500 pressing, it didnt even come anywhere close to that." (Bill/Code Red)

Btw this is the best dvd release available of the film.

OOP

Old 27th August 2011, 02:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I think I'll have to pick that one up seeing as it's a Brian Trenchard-Smith film.

By the way, how does Code Red's version of Supervan compare to the one issued by Cheezy Flicks? I'm not familiar with that company. Are they any good?
bdc likes this.
Old 27th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cheezy Flicks are cheezy.
Another US grey market (boot) company...

Supervan/Jailbait Babysitter is no official Code Red release btw,it's on Saturn (CR related).

Materials were provided by the licensor and both films are not exactly in pristine condition I'm afraid.

Supervan suffers from print damage and missing frames it seems but uses a real matted release print as master (Cheezy used a fullscreen vhs tape master with dropouts and rolling picture it seems).
A (uncut) video master had to be used for Jailbait Babysitter btw,the collector who would initially have supplied a release print seemed to have backed out.

Old 28th August 2011, 09:37 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seems the first pressing of Code Red's Nightmare has sold out,the second pressing no longer has the "Limited Edition: No More Than 100,000 Copies Will Be Pressed" joke on the bottom of the front cover.
Old 28th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched BLADE last night & it was a pretty reasonable documentary style police thriller.The murders of the three women were quite vicious for the time.John Marley is also pretty good as usual in the title role.Why do these releases not actually mention Code Red at all despite carrying the usual trailers (Same goes for Cut-throats Nine ?)
Old 28th August 2011, 11:12 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

They are part of the CR-related "Ward releases".

All these titles are licensed from Tom Ward.

"Code Red releases with WARD catalog numbers these Tom Ward films are distributed by Navarre/BCI, with Directors' names in parenthesis, year the film was released.

WARD001 - CHEERING SECTION (Harry Kerwin) 1977 + KING FRAT (Ken Wiederhorn) 1979, Rare release pulled quickly from sale.
WARD002 - VELVET TRAP (Ken Kennedy) 1966 + HOT NIGHTS ON THE CAMPUS (Tony Orlando) 1966
WARD003 - QUADROON: THE BLACK MANDINGO (Jack Weis) 1972
WARD004 - CHALLENGE THE DRAGON (Kuan Chang Li) 1974 + THE NEEDLE AVENGER (Kuo Heng Chung) 1976
WARD005 - STONEY (Wray Davis) 1969 + THE KILLER LIKES CANDY (Richard Owens) 1979
WARD006 - CUT-THROATS NINE (Joaquin Luis Romero Marchent) 1972 + JOSHUA (Larry G. Spangler) 1976
WARD007 - THE GODFATHER SQUAD (See Yuen Ng) 1974 + BRUCE'S LAST BATTLE (?) YR?
WARD008 - BLADE (Ernest Pintoff)1973 + RING OF DEATH (Romolo Guerrieri) 1969"

A complete list of CR (and related) releases can be found here:

Complete list of Code Red releases
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:13 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

10,000 Bullets » Blade / Ring of Death

Like I mentioned before Ring of Death is the US version,still it's nice to have this.

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/k/ston...r-likes-candy/

Like this? Share it using the links below!