Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3575Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

There is a UK edition of DON'T GO IN THE WOODS with all the extras from the CR edition.

Have to say it's one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 9th September 2012, 03:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
There is a UK edition of DON'T GO IN THE WOODS with all the extras from the CR edition.

Have to say it's one of the worst films I have ever seen.
It is difficult to disagree with that assessment Pete. I have seen some pretty ropey films in my time and it is right down there with the worst of them!

I still haven't got around to watching The Forest though.
Old 9th September 2012, 05:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I adore Don't Go In The Woods, it falls in the category of so bad it's good. As for The Forest, that was actually the cheapest DVD they released so I'm surprised anyone passed up on it as it was also released right at the very beginning and was in circulation for years before their distribution ended.

I can't believe they're releasing Unhinged, that's another nasty coming out and what a truly underrated movie it is. It has a great setting with the big house in the woods and THAT ending is an absolute knock out. I'm looking forward to all of their upcoming releases.

As for the price increase, yeah it is more expensive now, but I can still justify it as they're movies I really want. I'm lucky though as I didn't miss out on any titles and have a complete collection, I just need to get Retribution and upgrade to the 2 disc Beyond The Door.
bdc likes this.
Old 9th September 2012, 05:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I also like Don't Go in the Woods...
Old 9th September 2012, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I also like Don't Go in the Woods...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347213129.303024.jpg
mark meakin, bdc and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 9th September 2012, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I understand you want to pay less but please have a look at these prices...other indie companies selling direct via their own shops (newest dvd releases):

Black Oak Conspiracy | Shout!Factory

Zoom In: Sex Apartments [DVD] | Synapse Films

TORSO (Uncensored English Version) by Blue Underground, directed by Sergio Martino

Dark Sky Films
I understand your need to defend a company that you like, and in no way I'm attacking Code Red, just stating my point.

And about lhe links you posted, companies like Synapse, Shout, or Blue Underground are not in lhe same league of professionalism of Code Red, miles away.

And posting links to four companies that sell through normal retailers at about half the price is just a contradition. The only valid argument is Shout Select titles but those are only sold directly because of rights issues for other parts of the world and nothing else.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:06 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Other web shops (Amazon etc...) actually offer discounts on the list price (SRP or MSRP),the web shops of the labels themselves do not.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Can anyone tell me how different/better the uncut version of The Visitor is? I've seen the truncated version several times and while I enjoy it I don't know if I can justify the the expense of the dvd based on that version.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
And about lhe links you posted, companies like Synapse, Shout, or Blue Underground are not in lhe same league of professionalism of Code Red, miles away.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Other web shops (Amazon etc...) actually offer discounts on the list price (SRP or MSRP),the web shops of the labels themselves do not.
Yes, but said labels sold though e-tailers (Amazon etc...), so in the end we will always have a choice that Code Red doesn´t...

Don´t tell me that you buy Synapse, Blue Underground, Dark Sky, Shout in the web shops of the label themselves if you have web shops that offer discounts.

Like this? Share it using the links below!