Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th October 2013, 08:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
As a basic guide, I would recommend watching the horror films in date order

As for the others, well 'One Millions Years BC' is a classic, but the others are forgettable!
Okay i have the worst man flu today, im stuck in bed and decided to tackle this box set to begin my horror film october off, im currently working the box in date order and can say 'SHE' is turning out to be a brilliant little film. Peter Cushing is brilliant.

Suzie what film titles did you refer to when you say 'The Others' in the list that were forgettable? i will try to put those titles on when i need to sleep through this man flu i have. Haha.
Old 25th October 2013, 10:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Let's hope the Blu-ray of 'Monster from Hell' is a fully restored version wih all the gore intact. If not, I'll be content to hang onto the German DVD.
My Oz Blu-ray/Dvd combos of FATMFH & The Mummy's Shroud should arrive anyday now.I'll let you know if the teeth artery clamping,eyeball popping in scene & throat slashing are present (Longer in the case of the latter).I sent for the repressing of the DDHE dvd release & they still screwed it up at the time missing out the eyeball scene & longer throat wound shots,but restoring the artery clamping.
Old 25th October 2013, 10:34 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Suzie what film titles did you refer to when you say 'The Others' in the list that were forgettable? i will try to put those titles on when i need to sleep through this man flu i have. Haha.
Personally, I didn't like 'Demons of the Mind', 'Viking Queen,'She', 'Slave Girls', 'The Vengeance of She' and 'straight on till morning'
Vipp likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th October 2013, 10:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched The Witches on Sunday and the new transfer is absolutely the best one to date for a Hammer film on blu ray.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 26th October 2013, 05:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell which arrived today.Region B Blu-ray look quite nice in 1080i not 1080p and the dvd is R2/4 encoded.For some reason the extras including making of,Terence Fisher featurette & audio commentary (Marcus Hearn,Shane Briant & Madeline Smith) are not on the dvd included.Both discs run 90:37 & restore the longer shot of the asylum director's gory throat wound as well as all the other bits & pieces originally cut by the BBFC,and also missing from the DDHE & Paramount releases of the US theatrical release.
Old 20th January 2014, 06:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This looks interesting, going to order myself a copy

PETERCUSHINGBLOG.BLOGSPOT.COM (PCASUK): DONALD FEARNEY'S 'THE LEGEND OF HAMMER VAMPIRES' DVD DOCUMENTARY
g053584398 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th January 2014, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Thanks think i will order one as well.
Old 20th January 2014, 07:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I have Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell which arrived today.Region B Blu-ray look quite nice in 1080i not 1080p and the dvd is R2/4 encoded.For some reason the extras including making of,Terence Fisher featurette & audio commentary (Marcus Hearn,Shane Briant & Madeline Smith) are not on the dvd included.Both discs run 90:37 & restore the longer shot of the asylum director's gory throat wound as well as all the other bits & pieces originally cut by the BBFC,and also missing from the DDHE & Paramount releases of the US theatrical release.
I watched this yesterday and thought it looked superb.The best I've ever seen it.
Tell me something Mark,the scene where they are transplanting the monster's hands and Briant states he can't hold the vein and stitch it at the same time,so Cushing demands a glass of water and holds the vein between his teeth as hi hands are knackered.

I don't recall seeing this before and I have owned the Terrorvision vhs(Which if I remember right,was butchered),the DD UK DVD the Dutch DVD and the German Hammer Edition dvd (Which tbh I haven't watched for a few years).
I'll need to double check the German disc,which is supposedly uncut....But I definitely don't remember that scene....

Anyway-Daemonia-big fan of this-grab one mate you won't be disappointed.

It's region B as well.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th January 2014, 07:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I watched this yesterday and thought it looked superb.The best I've ever seen it.
Tell me something Mark,the scene where they are transplanting the monster's hands and Briant states he can't hold the vein and stitch it at the same time,so Cushing demands a glass of water and holds the vein between his teeth as hi hands are knackered.

I don't recall seeing this before and I have owned the Terrorvision vhs(Which if I remember right,was butchered),the DD UK DVD the Dutch DVD and the German Hammer Edition dvd (Which tbh I haven't watched for a few years).
I'll need to double check the German disc,which is supposedly uncut....But I definitely don't remember that scene....

Anyway-Daemonia-big fan of this-grab one mate you won't be disappointed.

It's region B as well.
The original DD Home Entertainment release was also missing the artery clamping,but after complaints a replacement was offered restoring the footage (also missing from the 'R' rated dvd release from Paramount).Unfortunately the 'restored' DD release was still missing the following:
A side shot of Briant popping in one of the monsters eyes & a zoom out from the empty socket prior to this.
A second shot of the bloody stumps of Bernard Lee's hands when the lid comes off his coffin.
A side shot of Briant sawing at the professor's head during the brain sugery scene.
The longer shot of the asylum director's gory throat wound
Shots of the feet of asylum inmates stomping on the creature's innards as well as C-U footage of some of them holding chunks/organs of the creature.
AFAIK all the above is in the German dvd release bar the complete shot of the asylum director's throat wound.

Like this? Share it using the links below!