6. Scarface
7. The Untouchables
8. Obsession
9. Mission: Impossible
10. Carrie
11. Raising Cain
12. Snake Eyes
13. Mission to Mars

Not seen the others (Femme Fatale is supposed to be good, isn't it?) . . .
Old 24th June 2013, 07:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I believe I saw Arrow saying on facebook they are going to release Bava's 5 Dolls For an August Moon sometime in the future.
Old 24th June 2013, 07:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
I believe I saw Arrow saying on facebook they are going to release Bava's 5 Dolls For an August Moon sometime in the future.
Not my favourite Bava but I'm sure they could do something with the transfer to jazz it up. I'm still hoping for Rabid Dogs that needs a UK release it's a great little film.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'll be getting them. I actually sold my Twilight Time blu-ray of The Fury in anticipation of Arrow's version.
Likewise.
So they'd better come through with it,because the TT disc will be about a grand to buy by then!

I love De Palma's films!
So I'm choking to buy them!

Yeah Body Double would be great!

And give us a SCARFACE with original poster art and not that shitty caraciature cover that's been released in forty ****ing versions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8219_Scarface_poster.jpg (19.1 KB, 4 views)
Slippery Jack likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Not my favourite Bava but I'm sure they could do something with the transfer to jazz it up.
It's by far my least favourite of the Bava I've seen - found it really boring, a real hard slog to get through . . .
Old 24th June 2013, 09:53 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
It's by far my least favourite of the Bava I've seen - found it really boring, a real hard slog to get through . . .
Have you seen Baron Blood or Four Times that Night yet, I found them much lesser films, even Bay of Blood, aside from the centrepiece proto-slasher sequence, is worse. (BTW: For reasoning and more - I have reviewed Bava's entire oeuvre here - Mario Bava reviews).
Old 24th June 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
Have you seen Baron Blood or Four Times that Night yet, I found them much lesser films, even Bay of Blood, aside from the centrepiece proto-slasher sequence, is worse.
Yeah I'm not keen on Bay of Blood either, but at least it's never boring. Baron Blood I found much more entertaining, plus it stars Joseph Cotten Not seen FTTN . . .
Old 24th June 2013, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yeah I'm not keen on Bay of Blood either, but at least it's never boring. Baron Blood I found much more entertaining, plus it stars Joseph Cotten Not seen FTTN . . .
I really like Bay of Blood, Baron Blood and Four Times That Night.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 25th June 2013, 12:45 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Good news. Contrary to everyone else, it would appear, this is my favourite of all of Bava films. It's funky, playful, and displays jet black humour. The music score is also the best of any Bava film, scored by the funkfabulous Piero Umiliani.

So, even though everyone else seems to dismiss it, I actually think it's one of Bava's best. I realise he was just a director-for-hire on this one, and since it's all a bit rushed, Bava just seems to throw all caution to the wind and directs with abandon. I love the film. It's a cheeky study of avarice and how people can go to extremes for money. I mean, the bodies are piling up in the freezer and still all the survivors are focused on doing a deal with William Berger's character - in spite of the fact they're all being murdered one-by-one. And notice the staircase in the middle of the room, Bava keeps filming it at such an angle to make it appear like a dollar sign. Genius.
Old 25th June 2013, 07:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
So, even though everyone else seems to dismiss it, I actually think it's one of Bava's best. I realise he was just a director-for-hire on this one, and since it's all a bit rushed, Bava just seems to throw all caution to the wind and directs with abandon. I love the film. It's a cheeky study of avarice and how people can go to extremes for money. I mean, the bodies are piling up in the freezer and still all the survivors are focused on doing a deal with William Berger's character - in spite of the fact they're all being murdered one-by-one. And notice the staircase in the middle of the room, Bava keeps filming it at such an angle to make it appear like a dollar sign. Genius.
Nice assessment. Think I've only seen it once, maybe I'll give it another go. I just remember it as a bunch of verrry uninteresting rich folk in one boring house being picked off verrry slowly (offscreen) one by one. I do love a funky score though, maybe I'll watch it again just to listen out for that . . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!