Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th September 2013, 07:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I would've thought Second Sight would release Creepshow 2, seeing as their releasing Creepshow next month
Depends if they have the rights or not. If they did wouldn't it make more sense to release both discs in the same month just in time for Halloween?
Old 26th September 2013, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
Depends if they have the rights or not. If they did wouldn't it make more sense to release both discs in the same month just in time for Halloween?
Possibly, I'd still be surprised if that's one of the announcements tomorrow, my guess is another De Palma film, hope it's a Bava though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th September 2013, 08:21 PM
Active Cultist

Creepshow 2 is certainly possible, since it's another current Boulevard title, but I doubt it will be revealed tomorrow.

It'd be a killer surprise announcement, though!
Old 26th September 2013, 09:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
No, the Arrowdrome title hasn't been revealed yet. I believe all the others are ones thst have been hinted at, or revealed on postcrds or by other means. I'm pretty sure the other Arrow Video blu-ray is either Hell Comes To Frogtown, Hellgate, or White Of The Eye. Of course, it could be Sisters....
If that's the case it was a poor choice of words on their behalf.

Quote:
Stephen Wilson Hmmm, not sure what the ArrowDrome could be, but the other Arrow Video blu-ray is probably Hell Comes to Frogtown.
Quote:
Arrow Films & Video The other title hasn't been teased yet Stephen so will be very surprised if you guess it
You say the other is probably xxx, and they say the other hasn't been teased. If it's the case it has been announced /teased it's a poor choice of phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I would've thought Second Sight would release Creepshow 2, seeing as their releasing Creepshow next month
They're not going to release Creepshow 2, sadly, they confirmed on their Facebook page. With the recent release in the US, with Arrow's already established connections to Boulevard, with Second Sight putting the original out in the UK, it seems like perfect timing. Perhaps too perfect to be likely though.
Old 27th September 2013, 03:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Slugs or The Stuff would be fantastic. They were also Boulevard titles.

Slugs would make a nice double-bill with Squirm
Old 27th September 2013, 05:10 AM
Cult Addict

Really looking forward to white of the eye. Not seen it since VHS days.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:54 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah, it could be interpreted a few ways. I took it as a reply to me saying I had no idea what the Arrowdrome title was, and they said it hadn't been teased yet. Of course, it could be taken as the other Arrow Video blu-ray. They have surprised us before with something not previously hinted at.

But then again, Arrow themselves haven't mentioned Hellgate.......Guess we'll know in 3 hours anyway!
Old 27th September 2013, 10:03 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow Vid
THE LONG GOODBYE ARROW ACADEMY BLU-RAY

NOTHING SAYS GOODBYE LIKE A BULLET

When private eye Philip Marlowe (Elliott Gould) is visited by an old friend, this sets in train a series of events in which he’s hired to search for a missing novelist (Sterling Hayden) and finds himself on the wrong side of vicious gangsters.

So far so faithful to Raymond Chandler, but Robert Altman’s inspired adaptation of the writer’s most personal novel takes his legendary detective and relocates him to the selfish, hedonistic culture of 1970s Hollywood, where he finds that his old-fashioned notions of honour and loyalty carry little weight, and even his smoking (universal in film noir) is now frowned upon.

Widely misunderstood at the time, The Long Goodbye is now regarded as one of Altman’s best films and one of the outstanding American films of its era, with Gould’s shambling, cat-obsessed Marlowe ranking alongside more outwardly faithful interpretations by Humphrey Bogart and Robert Mitchum.

- High Definition presentation of the film from a digital transfer by MGM Studios
- Original uncompressed mono 2.0 PCM audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- Rip Van Marlowe – An interview with director Robert Altman and star Elliott Gould
- Vilmos Zsigmond Flashes The Long Goodbye – An interview with the legendary cinematographer
- Giggle and Give In – Paul Joyce’s acclaimed documentary profile of Robert Altman, with contributions from Altman, Elliott Gould, Shelley Duvall, assistant director Alan Rudolph and screenwriter Joan Tewkesbury
- David Thompson on Robert Altman - David Thompson, editor of 'Altman on Altman' and producer of the BBC’s 'Robert Altman in England', talks about The Long Goodbye ‘s place in Altman's filmography
- On Raymond Chandler - Raymond Chandler’s biographer, Tom Williams, outlines the author's life and work and discusses Altman’s adaptation of The Long Goodbye
- On Hard Boiled Fiction - Crime writer and critic Maxim Jakubowski discusses the emergence of hard boiled detective characters from the pages of the pulp magazines from the 1920s through to the 1950s.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Radio Spots
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by Brad Stevens, a new interview with assistant director Alan Rudolph and an extract from American Cinematographer discussing Zsigmond’s unique treatment of the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Released 2nd December
Region B
Pre-order here: http://bit.ly/19ExLtI

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380276191.700288.jpg
Old 27th September 2013, 10:05 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Arrow Vid
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA ARROW VIDEO BLU-RAY STEELBOOK

Following Escape from New York and The Thing, John Carpenter and Kurt Russell re-unite for this mystical, action, adventure, comedy, kung-fu, monster, ghost story!

Russell plays Jack Burton, a reasonable guy who is about to experience some unreasonable things in San Francisco’s Chinatown. As his friend’s fiancée is kidnapped Jack becomes embroiled in a centuries-old battle between good and evil. At the root of it all is Lo Pan, a 2000-year-old magician who rules an empire of evil spirits. Jack goes to the rescue dodging demons, goblins and the unstoppable Three Storms as he battles through Lo Pan’s dark domain.

One of Carpenters most enjoyable and best loved films, Big Trouble in Little China brilliantly juggles delirious set-pieces, comedy and kung-fu action with a razor sharp script of corking one-liners, as Jack would say “It’s all in the reflexes”.

Special Features:
- Limited Edition SteelBook™ packaging
- High Definition presentation of the film from a digital transfer prepared by Twentieth Century Fox
- Optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
- Isolated 5.1 DTS-HD Isolated Score Soundtrack
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and star Kurt Russell
- Return to Little China – A brand new interview with John Carpenter
- Being Jack Burton – A brand new interview with Kurt Russell
- Carpenter and I – A brand new interview with cinematographer Dean Cundey
- A new interview with producer Larry Franco
- Interview with visual effects producer Richard Edlund
- Vintage Making-of featurette featuring cast and crew
- Extended Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Music Video
- Gallery of behind-the-scenes images
- 3 original trailers
- TV Spots
- Booklet featuring new writing on the film by John Kenneth Muir, author of The Films of John Carpenter, a re-print of an article on the effects of the film from American Cinematographer, illustrated with archive stills and posters

Released 2nd December
Region B
Pre-order here: http://bit.ly/19Ex43C

Standard ediition also available.
Old 27th September 2013, 10:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Tenebre Remastered steelbook!?

Bloody money grubbers making me double dip on a film I love for a better transfer and a sexy steelbook :P
Linbro likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!