Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:35 AM
Cult Master

Using Rik's posts as a guide, lets have a look at the full specs then from Amazon

Rawhead Rex

This title will be released on May 14, 2018

"SOMEONE HAS AWAKENED HIM

Adapted for the screen by acclaimed horror writer Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed) from his short story of the same name, Rawhead Rex sees a hulking, ancient demon tearing a bloody swathe across the Irish countryside.

When an unsuspecting farmer pulls up a stone column embedded in a barren field, he accidentally unleashes hell by freeing Rawhead Rex a hulking monster that has been trapped there for thousands of years. With the seemingly unstoppable demon rampaging through the local village, American historian Howard Hallenbeck is faced with the task of putting Rawhead back in the ground for good.

The first of several films to be adapted from Barker s seminal Books of Blood series, Rawhead Rex has garnered a strong cult following over the years now clawing its way to the surface in a stunning new 4K restoration from the original camera negative.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original Uncompressed Stereo and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director George Pavlou, moderated by author Stephen Thrower
  • Call Me Rawhead an interview with actor Heinrich von Bünau
  • What the Devil Hath Wrought an interview with actor Ronan Wilmot
  • Rawhead FX featurette bringing together interviews with creature effects artists Peter Mackenzie Litten and John Schroonraad, special effects supervisor Gerry Johnson, second unit cameraman Sean Corcoran and make-up artist Rosie Blackmore
  • Interview with cameraman Sean Corcoran
  • Rawhead Rising artist Stephen R. Bissette on the aborted Rawhead Rex graphic novel adaptation
  • Animated behind-the-scenes image gallery
  • Original Trailer
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Wes Benscoter
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector s booklet featuring writing on the film by Kat Ellinger"
plasterface and Nordicdusk like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:37 AM
Cult Addict

Probably just Rawhead Rex for me.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:38 AM
Cult Master

Using Rik's posts as a guide, lets have a look at the full specs then from Amazon

Death Smiles On A Murderer

This title will be released on May 21, 2018

"A haunting and dreamlike gothic horror/giallo hybrid, Death Smiles on a Murderer is a compelling early work from the legendary sleaze and horror film director Joe D Amato (Anthropophagus, Emanuelle in America), here billed under his real name Aristide Massaccesi.

Set in Austria in the early 1900s, Death Smiles on a Murderer stars Ewa Aulin, (Candy, Death Laid an Egg) as Greta, a beautiful young woman abused by her brother Franz (Luciano Rossi, Death Walks in High Heels, The Conformist) and left to die in childbirth by her illicit lover, the aristocrat Dr. von Ravensbrück (Giacomo Rossi Stuart, Kill, Baby... Kill!). Bereft with grief, Franz reanimates his dead sister using a formula engraved on an ancient Incan medallion. Greta then returns as an undead avenging angel, reaping revenge on the Ravensbrück family and her manically possessive brother.

Presented here in a stunning 2K restoration, D Amato s film is a stately and surreal supernatural mystery which benefits from an achingly mournful score by Berto Pisano, several shocking scenes of gore, and a typically sinister performance from Klaus Kinski as a morbid doctor.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
  • Original Italian and English soundtracks
  • Uncompressed Mono 1.0 PCM audio
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • New audio commentary by writer and critic Tim Lucas
  • D Amato Smiles on Death, an archival interview in which the director discusses the film
  • All About Ewa, a newly-filmed, career-spanning interview with the Swedish star
  • Smiling on the Taboo: Sex, Death and Transgression in the horror films of Joe D Amato, new video essay by critic Kat Ellinger
  • Original trailers
  • Stills and collections gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Stephen Thrower and film historian Roberto Curti"

Old 23rd February 2018, 11:40 AM
Cult Master

Dark Blue

This title will be released on May 07, 2018

"L.A. IS AT BOILING POINT. ONE COP IS TURNING UP THE HEAT.

Kurt Russell (The Thing) gives a searing performance as an L.A. cop in this story of corruption from novelist James Ellroy (LA Confidential, The Black Dahlia) and David Ayer (Training Day).

Spring, 1992. Days before the trial on the Rodney King L.A. riots. Eldon Perry (Russell), a veteran in the LAPD s Special Investigations Unit struggles with the racially charged violence erupting around him and questions his own underhand methods for dealing with them.

Featuring a support cast of some of the finest character actors including Ving Rhames (Pulp Fiction), Brendan Gleeson (In Bruges) and Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) delivering classic hard-boiled dialogue wrapped in a powerhouse punch of direction from Ron Shelton (Bull Durham).

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by director Ron Shelton
  • Code Blue An archival documentary on the making of the film featuring Kurt Russell, Ving Rhames, screenwriter David Ayer, director Ron Shelton and others
  • By the Book An archival featurette on the look of the film featuring art director Tom Taylor, production Dennis Washington, costumes designer Kathryn Morrison and more
  • Necessary Force An archival featurette on the authentic portrayal of the cops in the film featuring technical advisor Bob Souza, Shelton and Russell
  • Trailer and TV Spots
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
  • FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic James Oliver"

Old 23rd February 2018, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Ha, ha. "It's like 'Watch with Mother...er...Susan"

Sorry that opening line tickled me.
Sam, Rik and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

You’re going to have to edit all these posts later when Arrow officially announce them with all the artwork
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:46 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
You’re going to have to edit all these posts later when Arrow officially announce them with all the artwork
Nah - I'll post the covers when we get the inevitable 'due to unforseen circumstances/quality control problems/even more special features that we can add for your pleasure, we are sorry to report that the release of *********** has been put back a few months!' posts
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Old 23rd February 2018, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pre ordered last house in case we get another Thing situation happens & everyone goes nuts as it's "limited".

Will get Death Smiles and Rawhead upon release!
Good selection!
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Pre ordered last house in case we get another Thing situation happens & everyone goes nuts as it's "limited".

Will get Death Smiles and Rawhead upon release!

Good selection!

That’s why I preordered it, I missed out on the Thing LE, despite preordering from both Amazon and Zavvi at the time
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lol! You've made me a bit paranoid now, am assuming if you've pre ordered from amazon it's set in stone.
I know zavvi are a bit dodge when it comes to that though, glas my Todesking has been posted.

The Burning steelbook situation was another classic! Now, when are the Phantasm & HG Lewis sets going to skyrocket? Lol!

Like this? Share it using the links below!