All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1799Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2017, 02:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I don't own any version of Metropolis, so I'm tempted to get this
Demoncrat, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st July 2017, 02:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't own any version of Metropolis, so I'm tempted to get this
me too
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 21st July 2017, 02:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The website is astonishingly slow at the moment.
Old 28th July 2017, 04:14 PM
Cult Addict

New releases posted on fb.

New Announcement! THE PARTY, Blake Edwards’ fish-out-of-water, comedy cult classic starring Peter Sellers, will be released as part of the Eureka Classics range on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on 16 October 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2u330P0

With the massive success of BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S and THE PINK PANTHER cementing his reputation as one of America’s finest directors of comedic cinema, Blake Edwards followed them up with THE PARTY, arguably his greatest film, and at the time one of the most experimental films ever produced by a Hollywood studio.

By a twist of fate, the clumsy but good-hearted, aspiring actor Hrundi V. Bakshi (Peter Sellers, THE PINK PANTHER, DR. STRANGELOVE) is invited to attend Fred "General" Clutterbuck's big party, after having utterly ruined the set of his latest feature film. In this cozy and friendly atmosphere, drinks are flowing, food is in abundance and everybody is in high spirits. But when Bakshi accidentally has his first-ever sip of alcohol and his real identity is finally revealed; only God knows how this party is going to end up.

Serving as a series of set pieces for Seller’s improvisational comedy talents, THE PARTY developed a reputation over the years as a “cult film”, but is now highly regarded as one of the best comedies of its era. EUREKA CLASSICS is proud to present the film on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

Gorgeous 1080p presentation | Original stereo PCM soundtrack | The Party Revolution (16 mins) – a featurette on the groundbreaking filming methods utilised in the films production | Inside The Party (24 mins) – A behind the scenes featurette on the making of the film | Blake Edwards Profile | Walter Mirisch Profile | Ken Wales Profile | Original theatrical trailer

Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2u330P0
Old 28th July 2017, 04:14 PM
Cult Addict

New announcement! BUSTER KEATON: 3 FILMS, a collection of essential films from one of the greats of cinema operating at the height of his powers, will be released as part of The Masters of Cinema Series on Blu-ray from stunning new 4K restorations in a lavish limited edition (3000 copies) 3-disc hardbound boxed set on 16 October 2017. Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2tHjwFi

Between 1920 and 1929, Buster Keaton created a peerless run of feature films that established him as “arguably the greatest actor-director in the history of the movies”. Collected here are three key films from that era; SHERLOCK JR., THE GENERAL and STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. Together they represent a true master at his peak, and The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present all three films from stunning new 4K restorations available for the first time on Blu-ray anywhere in the world.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

3 x Blu-ray discs plus 60-page book all housed in a hardbound slipcase | 1080p presentations of all three films from stunning new 4K restorations | Audio commentary on SHERLOCK JR. by film historian David Kalat | Three new video interviews with film scholar Peter Kramer discussing SHERLOCK JR., THE GENERAL and STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. | Buster Keaton: The Genius Destroyed by Hollywood (52 mins) - A new documentary on Keaton and his struggles working within the Hollywood studio system | Buster Keaton on Wagon Train (58 mins) – an audio recording of a then 63 year old Buster Keaton in conversation with television writer Bill Cox | SHERLOCK JR – Original music by Timothy Brock | SHERLOCK JR. – Tour of Filming Locations featurette | SHERLOCK JR. – Movie Magic & Mysteries featurette | THE GENERAL – Tour of Filming Locations featurette | THE GENERAL - Original score composed and conducted by Carl Davis | THE GENERAL – Video Tour featurette | THE GENERAL – Home Movie Footage | THE GENERAL – Introduction by Orson Welles | THE GENERAL – Introduction by Gloria Swanson | STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. - Original score composed and conducted by Carl Davis | STEAMBOAT BILL, JR.– A video essay on the making of the film | PLUS: A 60-PAGE BOOK featuring a new essay by Philip Kemp; notes on each film; archival writings; Keaton Family Scrapbook, a selection of Keaton family photographs generously supplied by friends of the Keaton family; and a stunning array of archival imagery

Available to pre-order now http://amzn.to/2tHjwFi

View our new & exclusive trailer https://youtu.be/4a9VXNW0jjE
Old 28th July 2017, 04:15 PM
Cult Addict

And one I'm looking forward to

New Announcement! THE VIKINGS, Richard Fleischer’s rip-roaring action adventure packed with stunning visuals, brutal action and a star-studded cast, will be released as part of the EUREKA CLASSICS range on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK on 16 October 2017. Available to pre-order here http://amzn.to/2uCq2Qq

One of the most spectacular and action packed epics of the fifties, Richard Fleischer’s THE VIKINGS wowed audiences worldwide with its stunning visuals, brutal action and star studded cast.

Prince Einar (Kirk Douglas, PATHS OF GLORY, ACE IN THE HOLE) is the son and heir of a savage Viking chieftain (Ernest Borgnine, VIOLENT SATURDAY, THE WILD BUNCH). Prince Eric (Tony Curtis, SOME LIKE IT HOT) is his unknowing half-brother, the bastard offspring of Einar’s father and an English queen. When the Vikings kidnap the princess Morgana (Janet Leigh, PSYCHO), her beauty inflames the desires of both men, forcing a bloody duel that decides their fate… and the future of the English throne.

Filmed in vivid Technicolor by the legendary Jack Cardiff (THE RED SHOES, BLACK NARCISSUS) and narrated by Orson Welles, THE VIKINGS spawned a whole sub-genre of imitators, (Mario Bava alone helmed ERIK THE CONQUEROR, THE LAST OF THE VIKINGS and KNIVES OF THE AVENGER in the years following the film’s release) but none quite topped the glorious spectacle from one of America’s greatest directors of genre cinema, Richard Fleischer. EUREKA CLASSICS is proud to present the film for the first time on Blu-ray in the UK.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:

Reversible Sleeve | Gorgeous 1080p presentation | Original stereo PCM soundtrack | Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing | Exclusive new video interview with film historian Sheldon Hall | A Tale of Norway (28 mins) – A featurette about the making of the film, presented by director Richard Fleischer | Original theatrical trailer | PLUS: A booklet featuring the words of Richard Fleischer; a poster gallery and rare archival imagery

Available to pre-order here http://amzn.to/2uCq2Qq
Old 30th July 2017, 01:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rik
B

Metropolis is a given surely

ENJOY
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th July 2017, 10:27 AM
Cult Veteran

I'm quite keen on that Buster Keaton set, I'll have to check what else I have on order for October already though!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th August 2017, 08:24 PM
Cult Addict

On fb.

We have reduced the cost of twenty eight of our titles in our webstore with DVDs and Blu-rays starting from £3.00. These offers will be available until until Midday, Wednesday 23th August 2017. FREE shipping worldwide on all orders.

Titles featured include:
Dragon Inn (Dual Format), Fixed Bayonets (Dual Format), Paths Of Glory (Blu-ray), The Quiet Man (Blu-ray), Red River (Blu-ray), Shane (Blu-ray), Shoah (Blu-ray), Cocoon (Blu-ray), La Bamba (Dual Format), The Rocket (Blu-ray), Roxanne (Dual Format) & Wild Orchid (Dual Format)

Click here to see the full list of titles on offer http://po.st/fhATKN
Old 18th August 2017, 05:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wonder if Eureka will be doing any horror titles coming up to October....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!