Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
For clarity, the Series 8 line-up is now as follows:

801. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Ben Wheatley. Filmed
802. Written by Phil Ford. Directed by Ben Wheatley. Filmed
803. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Paul Murphy. Filmed
804. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. Filmed
805. Written by Steve Thompson. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. Filmed
806. Written by Gareth Roberts. Directed by Paul Murphy. Filmed
807. Written by Peter Harness. Directed by Paul Wilmshurst. Filmed
808. Written by Jamie Mathieson. Directed by Paul Wilmshurst. Filmed
809. Written by Jamie Mathieson. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. Filmed
810. Written by TBC. Directed by TBC
811/12. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Rachel Talalay. Filming

I wonder if episode 810 is the much touted Peter Jackson directed one?
Final writer named?

"The new series is believed to include episodes penned by Liverpool writer Frank Cottrell Boyce, the man behind the Olympics opening ceremony, Millions and 24 Hour Party People.

Frank told the ECHO: “It’s like joining a family. It’s a great thing to be involved with. I grew up loving Doctor Who, and my teenage son was a big fan of it too."

New Doctor Who series to begin in August - Liverpool Echo

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th July 2014, 07:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Anyone else catch the new Dalek ( Davros? ) themed trailer on BBC1 earlier this evening?
Old 4th July 2014, 07:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Anyone else catch the new Dalek ( Davros? ) themed trailer on BBC1 earlier this evening?
Doctor Who News

I have now.

Loved it. Can't wait.
Mojo likes this.
Old 5th July 2014, 03:18 PM
Cult Master

Episode 1: ‘Deep Breath’

Air date: Saturday 23 August 2014.

Directed by Ben Wheatley.

Written by Steven Moffat.

Running time: Feature-length episode (apparently 75 minutes).

Guest cast: Neve McIntosh as Madame Vastra, Catrin Stewart as Jenny, Dan Starkey as Strax, Paul Hickey as Inspector Gregson, Tony Way as Alf, Maggie Service as Elsie, Sean Ashburn as Restaurant Droid, Mark Kempner as Victorian Cabbie.

The Doctor: “Clara, be my pal. Tell me, am I good man?”

Clara: “I don’t think I know who the Doctor is anymore…”

Reece Shearsmith: “There’s a very abrupt and savage streak in Ben [Wheatley]‘s work, but I don’t think it will quite filter through [into his Doctor Who episodes]…”

Jenna Coleman: “We pretty much kick off where we left off at Christmas and we carry on the story straight away after the regeneration so we’re dealing with that for the first ep.”

Neve McIntosh: “It will be sad not to be working with Matt [Smith] again but I’m really looking forward to Peter [Capaldi] taking over and seeing what he does with it. [Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax will] be helping the Doctor more, but I can’t say anything else.”

Steven Moffat: “In a world with which you are familiar [with Clara, Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax all returning], you can make the Doctor more of a stranger again.”

The Mirror: “As a new Time Lord you need all the friends you can get, but he even has to win over his companion. Clara grew very attached to Matt [Smith's Doctor] and that shows in the opening episodes. Peter [Capaldi]’s Doctor has to get past a spiky opening and try to make Clara a sidekick who will help him save the world from the usual mix of aliens and monsters from the galaxy.”

Peter Capaldi: “New job, first day, slightly nervous. Just like the Doctor, I’m emerging from the TARDIS into a whole other world.”

Steven Moffat: “First the eyebrows! Then, at Christmas, the face! Coming soon, the whole Doctor. In the Cardiff studios, the Capaldi era begins.”

Steven Moffat: “I think [late summer 2014 is] probably right [for Series 8's start date]. But these things change so often.”

Ben Wheatley: “I am very excited and honoured to be asked to direct the first two episodes of the new series of Doctor Who. I’m really looking forward to working with Peter Capaldi and finding out where Steven Moffat is planning to take the new Doctor.”

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 5th July 2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 5th July 2014, 03:19 PM
Cult Master

Episode 2: ‘Into the Dalek’*

Air date: Saturday 30 August 2014.

Directed by Ben Wheatley.

Written by Phil Ford.

Guest cast: Michael Smiley as Colonel Blue, Zawe Ashton as Lila Power.

Daily Star: “Peter Capaldi will fulfil a lifelong dream of fighting the Daleks in his first series as the new Doctor.”

Ben Wheatley: “[There's] stuff I can’t talk about, that’s been very, very exciting for me.”

Phil Ford [one word hint for the episode]: “Lasagne.”

Phil Ford: “Oh, the things that I saw yesterday… And I can’t tell you any of them. All I will say is my eyes were burned with AWESOMENESS!”

Phil Ford [describing the episode in three words]: “Behind enemy lines.”

Phil Ford: “I’m over the moon in a TARDIS! And I don’t know how I’ve managed to keep quiet about it for so long! It’s a huge honour to write for Doctor Who at any time, to be writing Peter Capaldi’s second adventure is that to infinity! I can’t wait to get on to set.”

Ben Wheatley: “They’ve done everything [since the show's return in 2005], they’ve tried all sorts of stuff. It seems to me the episodes that we’re doing now seem more like classic Who. We’re going back to that style. But you’ll have to wait and see.”

Ben Wheatley: “[Capaldi is] a massive Who fan. He knows Who inside out. And everything he does is very, carefully planned and thought about.”

Old 5th July 2014, 03:20 PM
Cult Master

Episode 3: ‘Robots of Sherwood’*

Written by Mark Gatiss.

Directed by Paul Murphy.

Guest cast: Tom Riley as Robin Hood, Ben Miller as the Sheriff of Nottingham, Trevor Cooper as Friar Tuck, Ian Hallard as Alan-a-Dale, David Benson as Herald, Roger Ashton-Griffiths as Master Quail, Adam Jones, David Langham, Sabrina Bartlett as Ward.

Tom Riley: “I’ve been a massive fan since I was even smaller than Jenna [Coleman]. Very excited. [Mark Gatiss]‘s script is awesome.”

Paul Murphy: “Gotta a brilliant day ahead with some awesome surprises for the next series!”

Paul Murphy: “OFF WE GO!!! Day 1 of filming episodes 3&6 of the next series begins!! #DoctorWho”

Paul Murphy: “Off to find some stunning, spectacular locations the next series. Gonna be huge!”

Paul Murphy: “Day 1 working on Doctor Who! Time to climb aboard the TARDIS…”

Old 5th July 2014, 03:21 PM
Cult Master

Episode 4: ‘Listen’*

Written by Steven Moffat.

Directed by Douglas Mackinnon.

Guest cast: Robert Goodman as Reg, new monster.

Samuel Anderson: “It’s an honour to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can’t wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!”

Steven Moffat: “For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS … very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why?”

Old 5th July 2014, 03:22 PM
Cult Master

Episode 5: ‘Time Heist’*

Written by Steve Thompson.

Directed by Douglas Mackinnon.

Guest cast: Keeley Hawes as Ms Delphox, Jonathan Bailey, Pippa Bennett-Warner as Saibra, Mark Ebulue as a guard, Trevor Sellers as Mr Porrima.

Keeley Hawes: “Ms Delphox is a great character and someone I’ve had a lot of fun playing.”

BBC: “The Twelfth Doctor and Clara Oswald will come face to face with the mysterious Ms Delphox – a powerful out-of-this-world character with a dark secret – when they arrive on a strange and puzzling planet.”

Steven Moffat: “…[Keeley Hawes] achieves the greatest villainy yet attempted on Doctor Who: she plays a banker.”

Old 5th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Cult Master

Episode 7 - ?????????

Episode 8

Written by Jamie Mathieson.

Directed by Paul Wilmshurst.

Guest cast: Frank Skinner, David Bamber as Quell, Daisy Beaumont as Maisie, Janet Henfrey, Christopher Villiers, Foxes.

Jamie Mathieson: “Steven Moffat says: “the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.”… heh heh heh. Speculation – go!”

Foxes: “I can’t believe I’m actually going to be in an episode of Doctor Who! I was playing a gig and got chatting to the show’s production team who’d been watching my performance. I was telling them how much I loved Doctor Who and next thing they invited me to be on it.”

Steven Moffat: “We are completely thrilled that the amazingly talented Foxes is joining us on board … well, you’ll see. Let’s just say, the Doctor is finally catching up on his phone calls.”

Jamie Mathieson: “Watching rushes from my episode. Seeing Capaldi and Skinner say lines I made up feels like a fever dream. This is going to rock!”

Frank Skinner: “I love this show. I subscribe to Doctor Who magazine, I’ve got a TARDIS ringtone, a five-foot cardboard Dalek in my bedroom and when I got the call saying they wanted me to read for the part, I was in the back of my tour bus watching episode three of ‘The Sensorites’. I am beyond excited.”

Steven Moffat: “It’s no secret that Frank [Skinner]‘s been pitching vigorously to get into Doctor Who for a while. He’s been volunteering to be ‘third monster on the left’ as long as I’ve been in this job. But now, in Jamie Mathieson’s sparkling script, we finally have a part that can showcase all of Frank’s famous wit and charm. Hopefully he’ll get out of my garden now.”

Jamie Mathieson: “I am writing for the British institution, children’s nightmare factory and infinite narrative sand-pit that is Doctor Who. Which is an honour. And a joy. And a huge pressure. And very, very cool.”

Old 5th July 2014, 03:24 PM
Cult Master

Episode 9 - ????????????

Episode 10

Written by Frank Cottrell Boyce.

Directed by Sheree Folkson.

Guest cast: Harley Bird, Abigail Eames, Ashley Foster, Jaydon Harris-Wallace.

Frank Cottrell Boyce: “Of all the thrills that pen and paper have brought into my life, there’s nothing that quite compares to the buzz of unlimited possibility that rushes through your fingers and into your brain when you write the words: ‘Interior … TARDIS’.”

Frank Cottrell Boyce: “I was flabbergasted to be asked to write an episode – partly because I’ve been so absorbed in the last few series that I’d sort of forgotten that it wasn’t real.”

Steven Moffat: “Frank’s script is pure magic – and everything I could have hoped for from the genius behind the Olympics opening ceremony!! Doctor Who is born anew in the mind of a genius!”

Frank Cottrell Boyce: “It’s like joining a family. I grew up loving Doctor Who, and my teenage son was a big fan of it too. It’s a pleasure to write it and I’m looking forward to seeing Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor. I’m hoping there’s a bit of Malcolm Tucker in there too.”

Like this? Share it using the links below!