Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2020, 02:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 576

A publicity photo of Lalla Ward as Romana and K-9.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 671395170_EN528X_122_579lo (Large).jpg (101.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 8th November 2020, 04:56 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #215a
Name: Tony Handy
Year(s): 1967
Stories: The Underwater Menace episode 2 - The Underwater Menace episode 4
Character(s): Zaroff's Guard

Before Who:
Films - None
Television - United / The Three Musketeers

After Who:
Films -None
Television - Dixon of Dock Green: The Mercenary / Out of The Unknown: Immortality, Inc
Who: Before And After #215b
Name: Paul Anil
Character(s): Jacko

Before Who:
Films - None
Television - It Happened Like This: The Man Who Would Not Play Cards / The Avengers: The White Dwarf*

After Who:
Films -None
Television - None
Who: Before And After #215c
Name: P. G. Stephens
Character(s): Sean

Before Who:
Films - None
Television - The Secret Kingdom [3 episodes as Danny Byrne] / Armchair Theatre: The Seige at Killyfaddy / ITV Play of the Week: The Gentle Assassin / Comedy Playhouse: The Plan / The Plane Makers: Always Another Saturday / Compact [3 episodes as Blaney] / Eugenie Grandet [3 episodes as Monsieur de Bonfons] / The Saint: The Fast Woman*

After Who:
Films - Oh! What a Lovely War* (1969) / Trenchcoat (1983) / The Jigsaw Man (1984) / Little Dorrit (1988)

Television - The Wednesday Play: A Bit of Crucifixion Father / Armchair Theatre: Ireland, Mother Ireland / I Didn't Know You Cared: Party Games / Only Fools and Horses: The Miracle of Peckham
Who: Before And After #215d
Name: Roma Woodnutt
Stories: The Underwater Menace episode 3
Character(s): Nola

Before Who:
Films - None
Television - None

After Who:
Films -None
Television - The Newcomers [6 episodes as Sandra / Mrs. Timms]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 8th November 2020, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 577

Dalek Sec as seen in Doomsday (2006)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg anglo_1920x1080_daleksec (Large).jpg (44.5 KB, 41 views)
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 9th November 2020, 04:28 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #216
Name: Noel Johnson
Year(s): 1967 / 1974
Stories: The Underwater Menace episode 2 - The Underwater Menace episode 4 / Invasion Of The Dinoasaurs Part 2 - Invasion Of The Dinosaurs Part 6
Character(s): King Thous / Sir Charles Grover

Before Who:
Films - Highly Dangerous [Radio voice only] (1950), Island Rescue (1951), Appointment With Venus (1952), Little Red Monkey* (1955)

Television - The Age of Kings: Richard II Part 1: The Hollow Crown / The Age of Kings: Henry IV Part 3: The New Conspiracy / Boyd QC: Hell Hath No Fury / The Age of Kings: Henry IV Part 4: Uneasy Lies the Head / The Age of Kings: Henry V Part 1: Signs of War / The Age of Kings: Henry V Part 2: The Band of Brothers / The Age of Kings: Henry VI Part 1: The Red Rose and the White / The Age of Kings: Richard III Part 2: The Boar Hunt / A for Andromeda [6 episodes as J.M. Osborne] / The Andromeda Breakthrough [6 episodes as Osborne] / The Spread of the Eagle [3 episodes as Cominius] / Comedy Playhouse: On the Knocker / No Hiding Place: Always a Copper / Dixon of Dock Green: Christmas Dip / Sergeant Cork: The Case of the Ormsby Diamonds / ITV Play of the Week: Shadow in the Sun / Danger Man: The Professionals* / The Scarlet and the Black [5 episodes as President of the Court] / Heiress of Garth [4 episodes as Wolley] / The Wednesday Play: A Tap on the Shoulder / Front Page Story: Runaways / Out of the Unknown: Thirteen to Centaurus* / David Copperfield [6 episodes as Mr. Wickfield] / Weavers Green / The Wednesday Play: Way Off Beat / Thirteen Against Fate: The Suspect

After Who:
Films -The Snow Goose (1971), Frenzy* (1972), Frightmare (1974), Royal Flash (1975), The Great Train Robbery (1978), For Your Eyes Only* (1981), A Comedy of Errors (1983), Oedipus the King (1984), Defence of the Realm (1985), Withnail & I (1987)

Television - Emergency-Ward 10 [4 episodes as Mr. Murray] / This Way for Murder [5 episodes as Hendrix] / Thirty Minute Theatre: Notice! Meeting In Progress / Thirty Minute Theatre: The Interview / Z Cars: The Battleground / Boy Meets Girl: Up at the Villa / Counterstrike: King's Gambit / Armchair Theatre: Mrs Davenport / Thirty Minute Theatre: Helen / Doomwatch: The Logicians / Colditz: Missing, Presumed Dead / BBC Shakespeare: Julius Caesar / Churchill's People: A Rich and Beautiful Empire / Oil Strike North [4 episodes as Sir Charles] / Hadleigh: A House of Gamblers / Poldark / Enemy at the Door: By Order of the Fuhrer* / Rumpole of the Bailey: Rumpole and the Honourable Member / Malice Aforethought / Buccaneer [3 episodes as Admiral Harkness] / BBC Shakespeare: The Comedy of Errors / Bretts: The King Shall Not Die / Inspector Morse: The Sins of the Fathers / A Touch of Frost: True Confessions

Old 9th November 2020, 12:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 578

Stuart Manning's poster for the Radio Times of The Zygon Invasion (2015)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg zygon-invasion-stuart-manning-radio-times-poster.jpg (88.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 9th November 2020, 01:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Old 9th November 2020, 08:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw the new animation of Fury from the Deep last night, a story that, aside from reading the novelisation as a kid, I've really little familiarity with, obviously because the whole thing is missing. I was actually planning to watch just the first 3 eps and watch the rest tonight, but ended up watching the whole thing! Considering that I somewhat struggled to get through The Faceless Ones, even the second time, that's probably a good indication that I absolutely loved this! I was really surprised by how much fun this one was. It took me a little while to get used to the animation but once the story got going I was all in, and it kept me gripped throughout all 6 episodes, which went by surprisingly fast, I thought. For a character I'm not that much of a fan of, Victoria's departure was surprisingly emotional and well set up and played - she doesn't really want to leave the Doctor and Jamie, but she just can't hack being scared out of her wits every five minutes everywhere they go. Can't really blame her! This was great and Fury definitely joins the ranks of my fave 2nd Doctor stories. Roll on Evil of the Daleks and The Abominable Snowmen (hopefully!).
Old 9th November 2020, 09:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Rewatched The Deadly Assassin.

What a cracking story, really gripping from the off and episode three truly is the stuff of nightmares - it certainly was for me when i saw it as a child - Peter Pratt's Master is genuinely scary, a far cry from the charming sophistication of Roger Delgado, whilst Tom is excellent as the Doctor and Bernard Horsfall a formidable opponent.

Special mention to George Pravda and Erik Chitty as the two Time Lords aiding the Doctor. Many see them as bumbling rather than all powerful but i find them quite endearing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8117zyxHMBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (98.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10th November 2020, 05:24 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #217
Name: Patrick Barr
Stories: The Moonbase episode 1 - The Moonbase episode 4
Character(s): Jack Hobson

Before Who:
Films - The Return of the Scarlet Pimpernel (1938), The Gaunt Stranger (1938), Let's Be Famous (1939), The Case of the Frightened Lady (1940), Contraband (1940), Adam and Evelyne (1949), The Blue Lagoon (1949), The Golden Arrow (1949), Man on the Run (1949), The Lavender Hill Mob (1951), You're Only Young Twice! (1952), The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men (1952), Single Handed (1953), Black Orchid (1953), The Intruder (1953), The Sailor of the King (1953), Seagulls Over Sorrento (1954), Duel in the Jungle (1954), The Dam Busters* (1955), Room in the House (1955), The Brain Machine (1956), It's Never Too Late (1956), Lady of Vengeance (1957), Next to No Time (1958), The Urge to Kill (1960), Valiant (1961), The Longest Day* (1962), Billy Liar (1963), On the Run (1963)

Television - The Three Hostages [6 episodes as Sir Richard Hannay ] / The Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Urge to Kill* / The Teckman Biography [6 episodes as Philip Chance] / Portrait of Alison [6 episodes as Tim Forester] / The Adventures of Robin Hood: Richard the Lion-Heart / Armchair Theatre: The Right Thing / The Four Just Men: The Man in the Road / Theatre 70: Summons to Appear / The Golden Girl [6 episodes as John Baker]

After Who:
Films - The Flesh and Blood Show*(1972), The Satanic Rites of Dracula* (1973), The Black Windmill (1974), House of Whipcord (1975), The Great Train Robbery (1978), Godsend (1979), Octopussy (1983)

Television - The Wednesday Play: In Two Minds / The Troubleshooters: Winner Lose All / The Wednesday Play: A Beast with Two Backs / The Avengers: Take Me to Your Leader* / Thirty Minute Theatre: And Was Invited To Form a Government / Department S: The Bones of Byrom Blain* / Plays of Today: The English Boy / Take Three Girls: Stop Acting / The Wednesday Play: The Vortex / Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased): You Can always Find a Fall Guy / Paul Temple: Catch Your Death / Kate [8 episodes as Paul Duncan] / The Rivals of Sherlock Holmes: Five Hundred Carats / Crown Court: [3 episodes as Sir Richard Jeffcoate] / Churchill's People: March On, Boys! / Ten from the Twenties: The Anarchist / BBC Plays: Days Of Hope 3: 1924 / The Second Verdict: Murder on the 10.27 / The Mackinnons [9 episodes as Neil Turner] / Telford's Change [4 episodes as Max Fielding]

Old 10th November 2020, 03:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 579

Jean Marsh as Sara Kingdom in The Daleks' Master Plan (1965)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sara-dalekmaster (Large) (Medium).jpg (45.4 KB, 24 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!