Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2021, 08:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

These Doctor Who Blu Ray boxsets are things of beauty.
Rumour is that season 20 is next. My most wished for set is season 7. Spearhead From Space has already had the Blu treatment, though I guess the remainder of the season would need more work to upgrade it.
And I’d love a Troughton set too.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th April 2021, 08:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Rumour is that season 20 is next. My most wished for set is season 7. Spearhead From Space has already had the Blu treatment, though I guess the remainder of the season would need more work to upgrade it.
Although i have the season 26 in ltd packaging i'm not bothered about any others in the same style, happy with a normal bd case, but we'll see as of when with what's released.
Old 27th April 2021, 09:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Season 8 set isn't even out here for another month yet!
Old 27th April 2021, 09:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Season 25 and 21 for me. Season 2 would be pretty cool if they could do something with the missing episodes of The Crusade. I really can't imagine The Web Planet in HD.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 27th April 2021, 09:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Season 8 set isn't even out here for another month yet!
Had it been still available i'd have probably ordered it after reading Mojo's thoughts on it.
Mojo likes this.
Old 28th April 2021, 07:04 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #386a
Name: John Lord (? - )
Year(s): 1970
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 4
Character(s): Will Masters
Note:
  • Had previously appeared as a yeti in episodes 2, 4 and 6 of the 1968 story 'The Web Of Fear'
  • Appeared as a warehouseman in the 1968 story 'The Invasion'

Before Who:
Films: None
Television: None

After Who:
Television: Doomwatch: The Battery People (1970) / Monty Python's Flying Circus: The Buzz Aldrin Show (1970) / No, That's Me Over Here!: The Girl (1970) / The Man Outside: Hawk Street Horror (1972)
Who: Before And After #386b
Name: James Clayton (? -)
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 5
Character(s): Private Parker

Before Who:
Television: Softly Softly: Don't Tell Me, Let Me Guess (1968) / Z Cars [11 episodes as PC Foley (1968-1969)] / The Battle of St. George Without: St George's Day (1969)

After Who:
Who: Before And After #386c
Name: Joanna Ross (? -)
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 5 – The Ambassadors Of Death episode 7
Character(s): Control Room Assistant

Before Who:
Television: Bus Stop: Call Back Yesterday (1961)

After Who:
Films: Private Road (1971), Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter* (1974), Under Arrest (1983)

Television: Up Pompeii!* [7 episodes, various characters (1970)] / The Culture Vultures: Spring Fever (1970) / Z Cars: A Couple of Comic Turns (1970) / Paul Temple: Murder in Munich (1970) / Out of the Unknown: The Last Witness (1971) / My Wife Next Door: Joint Assignment (1972) / Moonbase 3: Achilles Heel (1973) / Perils of Pendragon: How to Rear an Ugly Head (1974) / The Carnforth Practice: Carnforth Practice (1974) / The Brothers: The Guilt Beneath the Gingerbread (1974) / Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?: The Likely Lads - A Special Christmas Edition (1974) / Second Time Around: After the Ball Is Over (1975) / Doctor on the Go What's Op Doc? (1975)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th April 2021, 12:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 742

The Weird and wonderful robotic Quarks invade the planet Dulkis as servants to The Dominators (1968)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p014pz1p.jpg (83.6 KB, 36 views)
Old 29th April 2021, 05:11 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #387a
Name: Roy Scammell (1932 - )
Year(s): 1970 / 1970
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 5 / Inferno episode 3- Inferno episode 4
Character(s): Technician / RSF Sentry
Note: Appeared in numerous stories in uncredited roles
  • 'The Ambassadors of Death' - UNIT Soldier, Motorcyclist, Peterson, and stunt double for Liz Shaw
  • 'Inferno' - RSF Soldier and stunt double for Wyatt
  • 'Terror of the Autons' – Stuntman / Radio Telescope Technician
  • 'The Mind of Evil' - UNIT Motorcyclist / Prison Officer
Acted as stunt arranger on
  • 'Paradise Towers'
  • 'Delta and the Bannermen'
Away from the Whoniverse, was a stunt man on numerous films and television shows

Before Who:
Films: Circus Of Fear* (1966), The Gladiators (1969), The Magic Christian* (1969)

Television: The Champions [2 episodes as Guard (1968)] / Monty Python's Flying Circus: It's a Living (1970) / Play for Today: Angels Are So Few (1970)

After Who:
Films: Psychomania (1973), O Lucky Man! (1973), The Girl from Starship Venus (1975), The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976), Alien Attack (1976)m Under the Bed (1977), Golden Rendezvous (1977), The World Is Full of Married Men (1979), S.O.S. Titanic (1979), Flash Gordon (1980)
Television: Paul Temple: A Family Affair (1971) / Villains: Smudger (1972) / Space: 1999 [2 episodes as Space Animal (1977)] / The Chinese Detective: Chorale (1982)
Who: Before And After #387b
Name: Peter Noel Cook (? - )
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 6 - The Ambassadors Of Death episode 7
Character(s): Alien Space Captain

Before Who:
Films: Cards with Uncle Tom (1959), Portrait of Man (1960)
Television: BBC Sunday-Night Theatre: The Strong Are Lonely (1956) / Theatre Night: Blood Upon the Rose (1957) / BBC Sunday-Night Theatre: Shadow of Heroes (1959) / The Case Before You (1959) / Garry Halliday: A Flame in the Sky (1959) / BBC Sunday-Night Play: The Assassins (1960) / No Hiding Place: Dead Ringer (1961) / ITV Play of the Week: A Matter of Principle (1962) / Maigret: A Taste of Power (1963) / Z Cars: Fun and Games (1964) / R3: Experiment in Death (1965) / Out of the Unknown: The Eye (1966)

After Who:
Who: Before And After #387c
Name: Neville Simons (1936 - 1987)
Stories: The Ambassadors Of Death episode 3 - The Ambassadors Of Death episode 7
Character(s): Alien Ambassador, Frank Michaels
Note: Had uncredited roles in
  • 'The Space Pirates' as a Space Corps technician
  • 'The War Games' as an Alien student / Roman soldier / German soldier

Before Who:
Television: The Tyrant King: Meet the King (1968)

After Who:
Television: Monty Python's Flying Circus: Dinsdale! (1970) / Whoops Baghdad!: The Wazir Takes a Wife (1973)
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th April 2021, 08:06 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I was going to buy the Friday 13th set but decided to go for the Doctor Who blu-rays instead now and i can get almost three of those for the price of the US Shout Factory set (that's defective on three discs). I was so impressed by the way Ghost Light looked on blu (I bought it last January when it came out as an investment even though i couldn't pay it) and now your thoughts on The Daemons only reinforces my decision on Doctor Who on blu-ray. Anyway long story short i've ordered the standard editions of seasons 12 and 19.

I won't be buying the animated stories on blu-ray. There's surely only so much you can do with line drawings.
Both Seasons 12 & 19 are currently priced at £37.99 on Amazon. I'm wondering if it's worth waiting to see if they'll decrease in price later on, but I'm not sure how limited these reissued sets are. Don't want to miss out on those too!
Old 29th April 2021, 12:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme73 View Post
Both Seasons 12 & 19 are currently priced at £37.99 on Amazon. I'm wondering if it's worth waiting to see if they'll decrease in price later on, but I'm not sure how limited these reissued sets are. Don't want to miss out on those too!
I don't think they are limited but i was so impressed with the way Ghost Light was restored i just want them asap. The fact that season 19 has 26 episodes and seven stories for the £38 makes that one worthwhile for me - Just over a fiver a story. Plus it's a fave season of mine.

Also i want to support them getting re-released. If no one buys them then they may not bother releasing the others thinking all the fans have got hold of the initial box sets.

As for them dropping in price. Seasons 10, 11 and 12 of the current series are still up around £30 on bd so it may not happen for a long time, if ever.

Like this? Share it using the links below!