Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2021, 06:14 AM
Cult Master

Who: Before And After #400
Name: Pik Sen-Lim (1944 - )
Year(s): 1971
Stories: The Mind Of Evil episode 1 – The Mind Of Evil episode 3
Character(s): Captain Chin Lee
Note:
  • Also played Captain Chin Lee in the Big Finish UNIT: The New Series story 'Open the Box'
  • Played Dom-Ra in the Jenny: The Doctor's Daughter audio story 'Neon Reign'
  • Was married to Who-director Don Houghton
  • Was the mother of Sara Houghton who appeared in the 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' story 'The Curse of Clyde Langer'

Before Who:
Films: The Gladiators (1969)
Television: Emergency-Ward 10 [92 episodes as Nurse Kwei Kim-Yen (1964-1967)] / Hugh and I: A Touch of the Rising Sun (1967) / Who Is Sylvia?: The Man from C.L.U.N.K. (1967) / Sorry I'm Single [9 episodes as Suzy (1967)] / The Flaxton Boys [3 episodes as Su Ling (1970)]

After Who:
Films: Madame Sin (1972), Cream in My Coffee (1980), The Magnificent One (1982), Plenty (1985), Miranda (2002), The Ruby in the Smoke* (2006), Johnny English Reborn* (2011), A Civil Arrangement (2012), Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)

Television: Casanova '73 (1973) / Within These Walls [3 episodes as Sister Ling (1974-1975)] / General Hospital: The White Rajah (1975) / Happy Ever After: Frank's Return (1976) / The New Avengers: The Midas Touch* (1976) / Plum's Plots and Plans: In Search of Santa (1977) / Mind Your Language* [27 episodes as Chung Su-Lee (1977-1979) / Spearhead [10 episodes as Tsai Adams (1978-1981)] / Angels (1979) / The Professionals: Take Away (1980) / Shoestring: Mocking Bird (1980) / Studio: Art Begins at Forty (1983) / Albion Market [7 episodes as Ly Nhu Chan (1985-1986)] / Floodtide (1988) / A Fine Romance: A Horse Is a Horse, of Course, of Course (1989) / Screen One: Can You Hear Me Thinking? (1990) / Medics: Annie (1990) / An Actor's Life for Me: Fathers and Sons (1991) / Cracker: White Ghost (1996) / London's Burning (1998) / Arabian Nights [2 episodes as Aladdin's Mother (2000)] / The Monkey King [2 episodes as Granny Monkey (2001)] / Night & Day [5 episodes as Mrs. Mori (2003)] / Fortysomething (2003) / Little Britain [2 episodes as Simone (2004)] / The Bill: Cop the Lot (2005) / Masterpiece Classic: The Ruby in the Smoke (2006) / Spirit Warriors: Wishes (2010) / Casualty: Clean Slate (2010) / Psychoville: Halloween Special (2010) / Holby City: The Journey Home (2013) / Roald Dahl's Esio Trot (2015), The Dumping Ground: Coming Round (2015) / 50 Ways to Kill Your Lover: Two Timing Terror (2016) / Blood Drive: The Chopsocky Special (2017) / Luo Bao Bei [26 episodes as Grandma (2018)] / This Way Up [4 episodes as Chien (2019)]

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th May 2021, 11:56 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 756

The Doctor (Jon Pertwee) with Morgan (Tony Caunter) and a scary mining robot in Colony in Space (1971)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg p01b9mx0.jpg (82.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 12th May 2021, 03:51 PM
Cult Master

John Barrowman removed from 'Doctor Who: Time Fracture' following accusations of exposing himself / Radio Times

"Interactive adventure Doctor Who: Time Fracture is set to go live later this month following COVID-related delays. Torchwood star John Barrowman was originally scheduled to reprise the role of Captain Jack Harkness for the live event in the form of a pre-recorded clip, but has since been dropped following allegations of exposing himself.

A statement on the Doctor Who: Time Fracture website addressed the decision to remove Barrowman, explaining: “Immersive Everywhere have taken the decision to remove [John Barrowman’s] pre record from Doctor Who: Time Fracture. We will continue to include content that pays tribute to this brilliant show that is Torchwood so as not to disappoint its fans, and are working on an exciting storyline to be announced soon.”"

I wonder what ramifications this, and the Noel Clarke accusations, will have on the television show. Presumably any repeats will not feature episodes with Mickey (the idiot), but I don't see how they can remove Cap'n Jack

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th May 2021, 03:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It's pathetic. Barrowman apologized for it back in 2012.

Get over it! **** cancel culture!
Old 12th May 2021, 04:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Unlike with Noel Clarke, the Barrowman incidents were entirely out in the open, yet created no interest until a month ago. There was no controversy concerning his return for S12 for example.

As i said. Pathetic.
Old 12th May 2021, 05:44 PM
Active Cultist

Yeah this is dumb.
I mean we will never see noel clarke again in dr who (is anyone going to miss him?)

But this is dumb. I dont think dr who fans care about that and tbh it's kinda unsurprising even if u hadnt heard about it before with barrowman. My money is u will see captain Jack again in a year or 2.

BBC might not do any reruns of dr who where mickey is in it for a while but I'm sure again they'll be rerun again sooner than later.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 12th May 2021, 05:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Yeah this is dumb.
I mean we will never see noel clarke again in dr who (is anyone going to miss him?)

But this is dumb. I dont think dr who fans care about that and tbh it's kinda unsurprising even if u hadnt heard about it before with barrowman. My money is u will see captain Jack again in a year or 2.

BBC might not do any reruns of dr who where mickey is in it for a while but I'm sure again they'll be rerun again sooner than later.
There's supposedly a Torchwood centric episode in the next series.
Old 12th May 2021, 05:51 PM
Active Cultist

Another thought is maybe they done this so that they dont get bollocked by the newpapers running knee jerk reaction articles.

Cant remember which paper it was (let's just say the express because they get underlooked for bs) ran a front page comment about them showing a repeat of a years old episode of the twenties where they did some music thing and some guy dressed up as Jimmie saville. this was at least several months if not over a year after it became public knowledge that he was a perv.

So yeah I kinda understand if they removed him from current project to avoid news media fear mongering them.
Old 12th May 2021, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's madness, these idiots won't be happy till they get everything cancelled , why don't they just cancel themselves and do the world a favour .
Old 12th May 2021, 08:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It takes a Demon to say .....

"... he who is without sin, cast the first stone ....."

I'll get me cloak ......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!