Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree192Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2020, 05:00 PM
Cult Master

Why the London Underground Piccadilly Circus station was renamed | My London

"Passengers travelling to or through Piccadilly Circus on the Piccadilly Line or Bakerloo Line on Wednesday (January 15) or Thursday (January 16) were transported to the heart of the Federation and told to "take care when using stairs, escalators or transporters".

This is all because of the upcoming launch of Amazon Prime Video's original new series Star Trek: Picard on January 24 in 200 countries around the world."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd March 2020, 04:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just spotted Star Trek The Next Generation on Netflix. Is it worth a watch i have only ever watched the original series.
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Just spotted Star Trek The Next Generation on Netflix. Is it worth a watch i have only ever watched the original series.
Yes. All the other shows apart from Picard are there including animated series
Old 23rd March 2020, 06:14 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Yes. All the other shows apart from Picard are there including animated series
On episode 2 the first one was a 90 minute part 1 and 2 in one loving it so far 176 episodes should keep me going
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
On episode 2 the first one was a 90 minute part 1 and 2 in one loving it so far 176 episodes should keep me going
The best is yet to come...Deep Space 9... which more or less follows on from TNG.
Old 23rd March 2020, 07:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The best is yet to come...Deep Space 9... which more or less follows on from TNG.
Should get there in a few days
Old 12th April 2020, 03:18 PM
Cult Master

Star Trek Gnomes Are Here to Defend Your Lawn From Interstellar Threat | Nerdbot

"Lawn the final frontier.
These are the Defenders of the Starship Enterprise.
Its five-year mission: to defend the lawn against unwanted animals,
to seek out new life and make sure the humans stay inside,
to boldly go where no man has gone before, because the humans can’t leave.

If you are a garden gnome collector I have some good news for you! I was searching around Amazon for interesting things and boy was I glad that I looked at the gnome tag because I have just come across the Star Trek lawn gnomes. And they are amazing!
Star Trek Garden Gnomes

Picard looks a little weird with his gnome beard but we can forgive it because they obviously chose to highlight his bald head. His base says engage!

Data is posing with his adorable cat Spot

Riker’s striking his famous pose and showing off his gorgeous beard.

And we have Warf posing with his famous Bat’leth.

Now I would have been a lot more happier had there been a Troy but you know what? I can make this work. Heck I don’t have a lawn but I sure do want to add these to my collection!"

Old 12th April 2020, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Awwwwwww. Demon approveth

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th May 2020, 08:30 AM
Cult Master

Captain Pike of 'Star Trek' gets spin-off series with Spock and Number One | Space .com

"It's official! After months of speculation — and wishful thinking — CBS All Access has confirmed that Captain Pike is coming back, with Spock and Number One along for the ride, in the new spin-off series "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds."

Pike (portrayed by Anson Mount), Spock (Ethan Peck) and Number One (Rebecca Romijn) most recently appeared in season two of "Star Trek: Discovery." They will reprise those roles in "Strange New Worlds" — the first of two new, live action "Star Trek" spin-offs from CBS All Access.

The Hollywood Reporter announced the news Friday (May 15), although evidence had been slowly, but steadily, accumulating that this was a very real possibility.

The new show will follow the crew of the USS Enterprise before Captain Kirk took command of the famed starship.

In "Star Trek" lore, Pike took command of the USS Enterprise in 2250 and famed Capt. James T. Kirk replaced him 15 years later. During his tenure in Starfleet, Pike was considered to be one of the most highly decorated starship captains in Starfleet history. The events of season two of "Discovery" take place around 2257, so we have an approximate eight-year window during which this new season could be set.

Moreover, the title of the new show suggests that this might be an episodic-based series, instead of a story arc, set during one of Pike's five-year "tours" that many starships undertook at this point in Starfleet history, to "explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

Anson Mount as Captain Pike was without a doubt the highlight of "Star Trek: Discovery" season two.Anson Mount as Captain Pike was without a doubt the highlight of "Star Trek: Discovery" season two.

Mount has even said in the past that he'd very much like to reprise the role.

"Yes, of course I'd love to continue to occupy that chair. I'm not going to grouse around and be aloof about it," Mount told Space.com in March. "I'd love to."

The cast took to Twitter in a message telling fans that they'd listened to the repeated requests to bring this cast back to the small screen.

Alex Kurtzman will oversee the new show, so no surprise there and Heather Kadin, Henry Alonso Myers and Akiva Goldsman will act as co-execuctive producers as well.

"When we said we heard the fans' outpouring of love for Pike, Number One and Spock when they boarded 'Star Trek: Discovery' last season, we meant it,” Kurtzman said in a statement. "These iconic characters have a deep history in 'Star Trek' canon, yet so much of their stories has yet to be told. With Akiva and Henry at the helm, the Enterprise, its crew and its fans are in for an extraordinary journey to new frontiers in the Star Trek universe."

Season three of "Discovery" will air some time later this year, while "Picard" was renewed for a second season earlier this year. A launch date for "Lower Decks" has not been announced yet.

An episode count and premiere date for "Strange New Worlds" have yet to be determined"

trebor8273 and DaveH like this.

Old 22nd September 2020, 02:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Discovery season 16 October on Netflix.

https://intl.startrek.com/videos/sta...-three-trailer
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!