Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2092Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2023, 06:55 PM
Active Cultist

Star Wars has too much product it seems. Every few months another show begins with no time for any anticipation. I remember the excitement around Disney taking over. Back then the prequals were considered second rate and promise of new content lead people like myself to believe better films were around the corner.
I enjoyed TFA but then my brother pointed out how similar it was to the original and i conceded he was right. I thought Rogue 1 was excellent even the ropey de aging peter cushing did not bother me.
The Last Jedi was one of the worst films ive sat through and the last one was too confusing to even follow.
In conclusion the prequals look better than ever thanks to the comparison to Disney Star Wars. That is depressing.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st August 2023, 10:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just read the news that both the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are officially coming out on 4K UHD and blu-ray at the end of the year. Amazing news. Easily best Star Wars content since the original trilogy. No hyperbole. I hope Book of Boba Fett (Mandalorian 2.5) and Mandalorian season 3 will also arrive in 2024 - even though they don't quite hit the same heights. Yay for physical media!

btw Announcement was for America but Bill Hunt of digital bits is saying that there will also be international releases. Link: https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/082123-0700 (bottom of page)
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 22nd August 2023 at 01:50 PM.
Old 21st August 2023, 11:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

And yet they're stopping physical in Aus.

I suspect they do not have one bloody clue what they're doing. Still, I suppose it raises some level of hope for Buffy on Blu...
Old 22nd August 2023, 12:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
And yet they're stopping physical in Aus.
I heard about that. Very odd. btw I actually have Australian 4K UHD/blu-ray sets of the original trilogy. further btw If Disney are currently trying to make money, I hope they consider licensing out Dario Argento's Inferno for a boutique label 4K UHD set.
Old 22nd August 2023, 10:14 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Just read the news that both the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are officially coming out on 4K UHD and blu-ray at the end of the year. Amazing news. Easily best Star Wars content since the original trilogy. No hyperbole. I hope Book of Boba Fett (Mandalorian 2.5) and Mandalorian season 3 will also arrive in 2024 - even though they don't quite hit the same heights. Yay for physical media!

btw Announcement was for America but Bill Hunt of digital bits is saying that there will also be international releases. Link: https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/m...qv_a8iO24QvTCU (bottom of page)
Perhaps the vermin want to make some money on Star Wars when the Christmas shopping gets underway. They'll sell loads of them at places like Asda.

Especially with the strikes stopping movie production at the moment. It won't be like they can stick new things on their mouse channel as there won't be any new things full stop.
Old 22nd August 2023, 01:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post

btw Announcement was for America but Bill Hunt of digital bits is saying that there will also be international releases. Link: https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/082123-0700 (bottom of page)
I'm pleased that Loki and WandaVision are being given physical media releases and hope that they, along with The Mandalorian, will be released in the UK as well as North America.
SymbioticFunction likes this.
Old 22nd August 2023, 04:17 PM
Active Cultist

Just had a clear out of old dvds for the charity shop or the tip whatever. They included Solo, the force awakens and Revenge of the sith. My boys have all outgrown this type of stuff in their mid teens and are more interested in daft horrors. Star wars has thus been retired from the Collins estate.
Old 22nd August 2023, 05:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Just had a clear out of old dvds for the charity shop or the tip whatever. They included Solo, the force awakens and Revenge of the sith. My boys have all outgrown this type of stuff in their mid teens and are more interested in daft horrors. Star wars has thus been retired from the Collins estate.
What about you? I take it you no interest in them?
Old 23rd August 2023, 01:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
What about you? I take it you no interest in them?
I'm 45 and anyone my age who is male will always have at least a passing interest. I grew up with the originals, found some pleasure with the prequels and went to see Revenge of the Sith at the Darlington odeon.
These last few films i took my sons to watch and it was usually around Christmas. The first two we all enjoyed but the third one was miserable as sin. I had to persuade them to watch the last one and it was another confusing dud.
It's over for me but I'm not one of these haters, if other people like it that's fine.
I do find it strange that not liking or liking something is considered political by deranged people.
Old 23rd August 2023, 02:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
I'm 45 and anyone my age who is male will always have at least a passing interest. I grew up with the originals, found some pleasure with the prequels and went to see Revenge of the Sith at the Darlington odeon.
These last few films i took my sons to watch and it was usually around Christmas. The first two we all enjoyed but the third one was miserable as sin. I had to persuade them to watch the last one and it was another confusing dud.
It's over for me but I'm not one of these haters, if other people like it that's fine.
I do find it strange that not liking or liking something is considered political by deranged people.
I haven't even seen the last one. The one before it was the final straw. I did like The Force Awakens though. That film was basically the same plot as the original Star Wars anyway.

It's when they decided to write their own story lines that it all went to shit.

Like this? Share it using the links below!