Default What TV Have You Seen?

Watching these shows

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441054489.679956.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441054498.626959.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441054505.374650.jpg
Old 1st September 2015, 02:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've been picking favourite episodes from my new Buffy Boxset myself, season 3's 'The Zeppo' and 'Bad Girls' to start with
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 1st September 2015, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've been picking favourite episodes from my new Buffy Boxset myself, season 3's 'The Zeppo' and 'Bad Girls' to start with
Mine has to be once more with feeling. I'm not usually the biggest musical fan
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 1st September 2015, 06:09 PM
Cult Master

All you Buffy fans

Have you ever seen the original, unaired pilot episode?

It's fascinating

It was produced by 20th Century Fox in 1996 and used as a pitch to the television networks. The twenty-five-and-a-half-minute production was written and directed by Joss Whedon

When the series was picked up, some changes were made between the original pilot and the official first episode:

Joss Whedon financed the original pilot himself, formatting it as a half-hour episode. It is, for the most part, a shortened version of "Welcome to the Hellmouth," but with different casting. The role of the Sunnydale library was played by Torrance High School's library — a much larger and airier room than the cramped Hellmouth library we've come to know and love, with a handy second floor for showing off those Buffy backflips. Instead of Ken "Hyena Chow" Lerner as Principal Flutie, we get a much more straightlaced interpretation from Stephen Tobolowsky. But perhaps the biggest difference is in the role of Willow. Instead of Alyson Hannigan, the geeky witch was originally played by Riff Regan.

How might the series have been different? Flutie probably would have still ended up in the stomachs of his students, but the Scooby Gang might have never been the same. Regan's Willow was a sweet doormat, but she didn't have quite the neurotic, eager-to-please quality Hannigan brought to the role. She is also a bit plumper and not as good looking which suggests that to make it in Hollywood, you have to be pretty!

Anyway, here is the pilot episode

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:58 PM
Cult Addict

Started watching The Strain Series 1. Brilliant stuff.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Started watching The Strain Series 1. Brilliant stuff.
A member recently posted a Blu-Ray box set from America i think so i looked at the trailer and really liked what i saw, can wait to see the program myself.
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:22 AM
Cult Veteran

I want to get around to The Strain, I was wondering how 'Del Toro' it is because I'm a fan and that would be the deciding factor!
Vipp likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd September 2015, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I want to get around to The Strain, I was wondering how 'Del Toro' it is because I'm a fan and that would be the deciding factor!
It isn't as much a distinctly del Toro production as The Devil's Backbone or Pan's Labyrinth, but it's a really good vampire story which I enjoyed in print and want to see made to the end of the last book.

Guillermo del Toro said: "Basically I'm trying to do what I do in my movies which is to show it as a reality, but as a reality that is stylized. It's not like CSI or The Wire, it's real but it feels a little stylized. But the way the camera work will be is very realistic. We want to keep the camera very documentary even if the look of the show is not. The look of the show is very designed. The style of the camera and the storytelling will be very loose. It will evolve from that feel of reality, and little by little we want to evolve into more stylish, horror feel that requires smoother camera moves, more suspense and atmosphere-driven moments so it will be a mixture. I don't think that mixture has been seen a lot on TV."

Although the casting is really good, it's a shame John Hurt couldn't appear and was 'replaced' with David Bradley, who is actually really good, and I think del Toro wanted Ron Perlman to play Vasiliy Fet, but Kevin Durand was cast instead.
Justin101 and J Harker like this.
Old 4th September 2015, 02:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Finished my latest run of the 80s German-Canadian co-production kids TV show The Little Vampire last night. Saw this as a kid in the mid 80s and absolutely loved it at the time. Was rather obsessed with it while it was on, but I didn't see it again for over 20 years. My memory of it was potent enough for me to be willing to spend $100 to import the German DVD back in the late 00s and I've seen it another 3 times now. Still rather love it. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but very few things are able to make me feel 10 years old again like this does, and it is SO 80s, but in the best possible way. Was also the first time I ever saw Michael Gough in anything (he plays Uncle Ludwig, the head of the vampire clan, and does his usual splendid, dignified job of it). When I saw Batman in 1989, my response was "It's Uncle Ludwig!"
I remain a big fan of this and stand before you utterly unashamed.
Old 7th September 2015, 10:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Been watching Dark Matter on the Sci Fi Channel, recorded them all so I could watch back to back and now on episode 4. Pleasantly surprised with good characters and make the most of the budgeted effects, so far reminds me of Farscape and Firefly so not bad at all.

Nice balance of the usual array of characters such as a weak and conscientious guy, another guns blazing shoot first ask questions later, young impish wiz kid and quiet asian sword / martial arts maestro (actually amazing to watch this guys skills) 'fit as' female lead who leads well and black hero type who keeps the peace in the newly formed team.

This can only get better as long as it does not get cancelled.

Recommended.

NUP_168958_0021.jpg

DarkMatter_blog_season_one_sneak_peek_01.jpg
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!