Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2021, 07:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcol View Post
Brookside circa 1993.
I've been watching this on YouTube recently. Storylines including the body under the patio, Jimmy corkhills decent into drug addiction and Barry Grants nightclub feud with Jo halsall.
It's a good snapshot of 90s telly.
Sold. Just after I devour this Squeamish About ... ahem

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th May 2021, 11:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Squeamish About ...

Matt Berry and Arthur Matthews present a snapshot of this splintered isle, with the use of archive footage and some well chosen tunes (and of course, MB's unique SPEAKing voicebox thingummyjig )
Much like if Adam Curtis had a sense of humour
Ahem. Short and silly is the order of the day. Recommended, especially if you are familiar with Berry as the shrink in the off kilter radio show I, Regress

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th May 2021, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.

[B]
Old 6th May 2021, 05:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.
Should have had him opposite an older Doctor like Capaldi. I can see why they'd want a younger one to face Tennant though.

Smith could have come up against Missy. There you go sorted.
Demoncrat and trebor8273 like this.
Old 10th May 2021, 04:36 PM
Cult Addict

Watching Fargo series 1 on Netflix

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 11th May 2021, 10:30 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.
Old 11th May 2021, 12:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.
SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 11th May 2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11th May 2021, 12:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.
If you consider that the OCG has the most power and needs people within the police force that they can manipulate, I think the personnel makes perfect sense. I didn't feel let down by the revelation at the end because it fits with the people within the police who featured during the first five series.

Additionally, if you think the previous people identified as corrupt were
SPOILER:
'Dot' Cottan, Derek Hilton, and Gill Biggeloe
, I wasn't surprised it was somebody who has generally flown under the radar and not an obvious candidate.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 11th May 2021, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching these two on Netflix

bleakshaun and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th May 2021, 10:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Watching these two on Netflix

Are you enjoying them? Do you recommend them? As I don't have a Netflix membership at the moment, I would like to know what I should watch I begin paying for it again.

Like this? Share it using the links below!