Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2016, 10:17 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, I like all the Punisher movies and actors, especially Dolph, but as you say, Jon Bernthal IS The Punisher. I know a few people (myself included), were bummed that we never saw Frank Grillo take on the role, after his all but in name turn in The Purge: Anarchy, probably due to him already playing Crossbones in the MCU films, but Bernthal has nailed it, and when you finally see him in full costume with skull across his chest, you know Marvel have finally gotten the character right.
Interesting thoughts, Stephen.

Although not a big Punisher fan as such. I've never read a comic. I've enjoyed all the big screen Punisher films and rated Bernthal in The Walking Dead. Seems i was one of the few who liked Shane, haha. For me, Ray Stephenson is Frank Castle, so i look forward to seeing what Bernthal does with the role in comparison to Stephenson.
Old 19th March 2016, 10:36 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Interesting thoughts, Stephen.

Although not a big Punisher fan as such. I've never read a comic. I've enjoyed all the big screen Punisher films and rated Bernthal in The Walking Dead. Seems i was one of the few who liked Shane, haha. For me, Ray Stephenson is Frank Castle, so i look forward to seeing what Bernthal does with the role in comparison to Stephenson.

Yeah, I think for a lot of people, War Zone & Stephenson are a highlight. Obviously they play around (slightly) with the origin of The Punisher on Daredevil, but I think it's Bernthal's performance, and being able to develop the character over the course of the 13 episodes that sets it apart from the admittedly really good performances that have come before.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th March 2016, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I think for a lot of people, War Zone & Stephenson are a highlight. Obviously they play around (slightly) with the origin of The Punisher on Daredevil, but I think it's Bernthal's performance, and being able to develop the character over the course of the 13 episodes that sets it apart from the admittedly really good performances that have come before.
I can see me getting lost in superhero tv later this year.

I've already got season 3 of Arrow sat on the shelf to watch. Just need to pick up The Flash and maybe Supergirl to watch alongside it....now there's Daredevil as well.

Daredevil was always one for me though. I am one of the few who loved the Daredevil movie. It's one of the few films i have more than one dvd of - Theatrical cut, directors cut and definitive edition steel book.

Naturally you've now made Daredevil must see television!
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th March 2016, 10:58 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can see me getting lost in superhero tv later this year.

I've already got season 3 of Arrow sat on the shelf to watch. Just need to pick up The Flash and maybe Supergirl to watch alongside it....now there's Daredevil as well.

Daredevil was always one for me though. I am one of the few who loved the Daredevil movie. It's one of the few films i have more than one dvd of - Theatrical cut, directors cut and definitive edition steel book.

Naturally you've now made Daredevil must see television!

You're not alone, I also loved the Daredevil movie, especially the Director's Cut. I think the film, and Affleck, are unfairly put down.
Old 19th March 2016, 11:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You're not alone, I also loved the Daredevil movie, especially the Director's Cut. I think the film, and Affleck, are unfairly put down.
Definitely. Odd really now that Affleck is getting praise for Batman.

Daredevil feels more of a human move than the building crunching Avengers stuff currently wowing audiences. I just really like it. Colin Farrell's introduction as Bullseye is as good as anything i've seen that introduces a villain to a film - Top o' the Morning to Ya.

Plus of course the soundtrack introduced the world to Evanescence. Which is a good/bad (delete as applicable depending on your music taste) thing for me.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th March 2016, 05:28 AM
Cult Master

For the first time in years, I was able to sit down and watch Saturday evening television yesterday

'Can't Touch This', 'Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway', 'You're Back In The Room'?

Is this the best entertainment that Saturday can come up with?

God help us!
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th March 2016, 08:32 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Whilst nowhere near my favourite superhero movie, I really don't get the hate that is directed at Daredevil which, especially in the longer version, is a decent film.

Electra, however, was terrible.

I finished watching the first series of The Sopranos again last night – it's a show I must have seen at least four times – and was really impressed in the HD restoration, including changing the aspect ratio from 1.33:1 to 1.78:1, so it is in the same ratio as the other five seasons.

I'm not sure whether to go straight onto season two and binge-watch the entire show, or take a break and watch Daredevil or one of the numerous DVDs from the BBC shop (Saxondale, Absolutely Fabulous, The Young Ones, Bottom). Because I've had The Sopranos boxset for longer than any of the others (the Black Friday sales last year), I think that probably takes precedence!
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th March 2016, 10:11 AM
Cult Addict

Definitely agree on all the Daredevil comments, not a bad film at all.
Started series 2 of the show Friday, really good, only 3 episodes in but so far i think its a bit better than the first series.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th March 2016, 11:15 AM
Cult Addict

Been watching this at a friends house and really enjoying it. sort of spinal tap take on death metal with some incredibly dark humour. Season 2 where we get some voice acting work from Malcom Mcdowell is even better than the first, plus we get a fashion designer who looks eerily familiar and deals in 'special leather'

metalocalypse.jpg

Eric_Von_Wiechlinghammer_County_Jail_205.jpg kinski.jpg
Old 20th March 2016, 09:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Night Manager. Episode 5.

Arms deals in the desert....shit blows up...big style!!!

Definitely going to pick this up on dvd in a few months time and watch it in two sittings.
J Harker likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!