Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2016, 01:40 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm currently five episodes into the 9th series of Smallville.

It's interesting how the show has transformed from villain of the week type episodes in it's early series whilst set in the er' small community of Smallville. Now set largely in the city of Metropolis, as it has been for a couple of series now it's practically a different show.

It's fascinating how the Green Arrow in this world, brilliantly played by Justin Hartley, differs from the one in Arrow, with a completely different back story and Oliver Queen is even more of a tortured soul. It's all very downbeat as he spirals out of control on drink and drugs and ends up in the gutter having denounced alter ego the Green Arrow after he murdered Lex Luthor.

Happily the Arrow in now back and it seems like the Justice League are getting back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smallville-777x1024.jpg (79.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 11th November 2016, 04:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm currently five episodes into the 9th series of Smallville.

It's interesting how the show has transformed from villain of the week type episodes in it's early series whilst set in the er' small community of Smallville. Now set largely in the city of Metropolis, as it has been for a couple of series now it's practically a different show.

It's fascinating how the Green Arrow in this world, brilliantly played by Justin Hartley, differs from the one in Arrow, with a completely different back story and Oliver Queen is even more of a tortured soul. It's all very downbeat as he spirals out of control on drink and drugs and ends up in the gutter having denounced alter ego the Green Arrow after he murdered Lex Luthor.

Happily the Arrow in now back and it seems like the Justice League are getting back together.
I really enjoyed the first few seasons of Smallville but it just dragged on too long for me after a while. I gave up on around Season 43 when he still hadn't learned to fly.
Dave Boy and Deadite like this.
Old 11th November 2016, 05:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've been recording Westworld on the box and sat down to watch the 1st episode. By the second advert break I turned it off as all I was doing was finding myself picking holes in it and ripping it apart. Perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood for it.
Does it get better, should I keep giving it a go?
Old 11th November 2016, 06:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
I've been recording Westworld on the box and sat down to watch the 1st episode. By the second advert break I turned it off as all I was doing was finding myself picking holes in it and ripping it apart. Perhaps I just wasn't in the right mood for it.
Does it get better, should I keep giving it a go?
I think it's brilliant, I suppose it does get better but I enjoyed it right from the first episode. If you only managed about 20 mins by the seems Boo, what holes were there?
Old 11th November 2016, 08:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

SUPERGIRL S2 EP5
That Mon-El is a pain in the arse this episode. Let's have no more of that nonsense.

WESTWORLD S1 EP 6
Another very good episode. Host Maeve being shown around the facility was excellent.
keirarts, trebor8273 and J Harker like this.
Old 12th November 2016, 09:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Xena season 1.

Veronica Mars season 1.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th November 2016, 10:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Xena season 1.
What do you think of Xena, Treb?
Old 12th November 2016, 10:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
What do you think of Xena, Treb?
Love it always found it superior to Hercules. Largely thanks to Lucy Lawless who's character was a lot more interesting than Hercules
Old 12th November 2016, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Love it always found it superior to Hercules. Largely thanks to Lucy Lawless who's character was a lot more interesting than Hercules
I currently own the first two series of Xena (I'll get the rest at some stage) but have no interest in Hercules.

As you say it's Lawless that makes the show although it is nice when people like Kevin Sorbo and Bruce Campbell pop up. It makes a change to have strong female fantasy characters like Xena, Gabrielle and Calisto which we didn't really have back then.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 13th November 2016, 09:25 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
I currently own the first two series of Xena (I'll get the rest at some stage) but have no interest in Hercules.

As you say it's Lawless that makes the show although it is nice when people like Kevin Sorbo and Bruce Campbell pop up. It makes a change to have strong female fantasy characters like Xena, Gabrielle and Calisto which we didn't really have back then.
I haven't seen any episodes of either Hercules or Xena: Warrior Princess. They are two shows which, for one reason or another, have completely passed me by and will probably go on my Lovefilm rental queue when my 'to watch' pile is much smaller than it is at the moment and I have re-watched things like The X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Hannibal.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!