Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2016, 05:28 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Am I the only one who wonders who the devil most of these quomps that turn up on I'm a Celebrity are??
And also 'Celebrity Big Brother', 'Celebrity Dancing On Ice', 'Celebrity Big Bake Off', 'Celebrity Antiques Hunt', 'Celebrity Pointless', 'Celebrity Mastermind' 'Celebrity Come Dine With Me', 'Celebrity New Faces', 'Celebrity News At One', 'Celebrity England Vs. Germany European Cup Qualifier' etc

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th November 2016, 06:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

SUPERGIRL S2 EP6
More of the annoying Mon-El but there is a new hero in town in the shape of The Guardian, a hero Jack Kirby created for comics in the 1940's.

WESTWORLD S1 EP7

ASH V EVIL DEAD S2 EP7
"I'm your puppet....."
Old 18th November 2016, 05:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Smallville season 9 episode 11

A feature length episode where Clark, the Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow discover the JSA have returned led by Michael Shanks as Hawk Man, as well as the Injustice Society. Pam Grier stars as Amanda Waller, someone i'd never heard of until her very last words to Icicle in the story 'Welcome to the Suicide Squad' clued me in.

Had i watched this series last year the whole Suicide Squad thing would have meant zilch.
Old 19th November 2016, 08:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Star Wars Renels season 3 episode7

Supergirl season 2 episode 6

Lucifer season 2 episode 9

Gotham season 3 episode 9

Flash season 3 episode 6

Arrow season 5 episode 6

Just finished episode of exorcist and has gotten me in the mood for the movie, which I'm watching now.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th November 2016, 09:40 AM
Cult Addict

Been working my way through Season 1 of The X Files for the first time. On the whole it's an excellent show and despite a few weaker Eps it's had some corkers so far. I'm finding the monster of the week episodes better than the underlying story but then I'm only halfway through the series.
Old 20th November 2016, 11:34 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Been working my way through Season 1 of The X Files for the first time. On the whole it's an excellent show and despite a few weaker Eps it's had some corkers so far. I'm finding the monster of the week episodes better than the underlying story but then I'm only halfway through the series.
I've been doing the same but not really very seriously, that being said some of the episodes are awesome, Jersey Devil, Fallen Angel and Eve in particular.
keirarts and J Harker like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th November 2016, 12:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Season 2 is my favourite, i think. I admit that i generally prefer 'monster of the week' in tv series in general. Sure, have a story arc, but let it stew, don't have it dominate the series. It's why i like The Mentalist so much (so far anyway, i've only seen the first 4 series). It's got the Red John storyline still in the background, but it basically only directly affects the show for 4 or 5 episodes per season, the rest are 'monster (murder) of the week' episodes. It's also why i dislike shows like Arrow, which is basically a soap opera.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th November 2016, 12:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've been doing the same but not really very seriously, that being said some of the episodes are awesome, Jersey Devil, Fallen Angel and Eve in particular.
Has series one got that Thing rip off episode? That's excellent too.
J Harker and iank like this.
Old 20th November 2016, 12:59 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Has series one got that Thing rip off episode? That's excellent too.
Yes, and Felicity Huffman is the guest star that week. It's called Ice.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 20th November 2016, 01:00 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
Season 2 is my favourite, i think. I admit that i generally prefer 'monster of the week' in tv series in general. Sure, have a story arc, but let it stew, don't have it dominate the series. It's why i like The Mentalist so much (so far anyway, i've only seen the first 4 series). It's got the Red John storyline still in the background, but it basically only directly affects the show for 4 or 5 episodes per season, the rest are 'monster (murder) of the week' episodes. It's also why i dislike shows like Arrow, which is basically a soap opera.
Season 1 of Fringe is the same and it slowly turned into a completely different show, which was still good and entertaining but the first season and a half of Fringe are outstanding.
Deadite likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!