Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2017, 12:47 AM
Cult Addict

6 episodes into Season 2 of Stranger Things and loving it.
Old 13th November 2017, 06:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I've been watching Netflix exclusive 13 Reasons Why it's marketed as a teen show but I've found it to be very adult, both in it's language and themes although most of the main cast are playing 17 year olds.

I'm on the last episode now and I only started watching it on Saturday, I've been gripped. Recommended!

RE Stranger Things 2, How did you find that episode (ep 7) J Harker? I really hated it when I saw it and it put me into a bad mood the best review I saw for it compared it to a Season 4 episode of Heroes If it was a backdoor pilot like people seem to think, I really doubt the spin-off series is going to be produced now.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th November 2017, 07:07 AM
Cult Addict

Stranger things 2. - Great fun like the original. I even liked the controversial episode 7 which came across as an encapsulation of every 80's 'urban' film.

Gunpowder. - The gunpowder plot gets the Braveheart treatment. Plenty of Authentic torture but the rest is bollocks. A more accurate portrayal would probably play more like four lions.

This one was a nice surprise....

sinner.jpg

Decided to give it s go based on solid reviews and its definitely one worth watching. Jessica Biel is incredible in it. Bill Pullman delivers the goods as well and the plot is compelling.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:06 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

RE Stranger Things 2, How did you find that episode (ep 7) J Harker? I really hated it when I saw it and it put me into a bad mood the best review I saw for it compared it to a Season 4 episode of Heroes If it was a backdoor pilot like people seem to think, I really doubt the spin-off series is going to be produced now.
Was 7 The Lost Sister? I didn't hate it but it did take me right out of the show, the small town setting of Stranger Things is one of its major assets and leaving Hawkins didn't feel right. Following the white knuckle climax of episode six it felt like a bad move, that said it wasn't all bad, and it did gave Elle a great line at the end.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:10 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Was 7 The Lost Sister? I didn't hate it but it did take me right out of the show, the small town setting of Stranger Things is one of its major assets and leaving Hawkins didn't feel right. Following the white knuckle climax of episode six it felt like a bad move, that said it wasn't all bad, and it did gave Elle a great line at the end.
yes. It was Elle goes to the big city. The big city being almost the generic depiction of urban hell as seen in almost everything in the eighties. Think stuff like Jason takes Manhattan in its depiction of New York or Class of 1984. The minute she got 'punked up' in that 80's idea of Punk made me laugh. I think/hope that was the intent.
Old 14th November 2017, 10:19 AM
Cult Addict

On the topic of Stranger Things where the heck is the Season 1 blu/dvd release?
Old 14th November 2017, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Bitchin'

RE DVD, I was expecting something sooner, but with it being a Netflix production they might be thinking that if they don't put it out they'll keep the subscriptions.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th November 2017, 08:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Started watching Inside No. 9 and am unsurprisingly really enjoying it, what with being a fan of most things that come from the minds of Shearsmith and Pemberton.
Old 16th November 2017, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Finished season one of Scrubs and started Smallville from the beginning, it's awhile since I've seen it but sure I used to like the first few seasons when he was a school and it was set in smallville and this point it's basically monster of the week story's . I always liked the take on Lex in the show, with him wanting to be a good person and trying get out of his father's shadow.
Old 16th November 2017, 09:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Started watching Inside No. 9 and am unsurprisingly really enjoying it, what with being a fan of most things that come from the minds of Shearsmith and Pemberton.
It didn't take me long to watch the first two seasons, so I'm anxiously waiting on the third to appear on Netflix. They are wonderfully inventive and entertaining stories, some a little disturbing (though not in the same league as Black Mirror), but always engaging for something so short.

Like this? Share it using the links below!