LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Just started season three of married with children and the open frank Sinatra song has been replaced with this crap. Which is also in the remaining seasons.

People who are botherd the mill creek set has original music , but none of the extras of the other releases and quality might be lower as its on half the disc.
It's probably a rights issue. I have recently finished the seventh season of House and no episodes in the Blu-ray boxset have Massive Attack's Teardrop over the opening credits because the rights were problematic to secure for a global release. This means every episode begins with a slightly more generic piece of music by (I think) Scott Donaldson and Richard Nolan.

I am now watching the third episode from the first series of Baywatch.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 15th March 2017, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It's probably a rights issue. I have recently finished the seventh season of House and no episodes in the Blu-ray boxset have Massive Attack's Teardrop over the opening credits because the rights were problematic to secure for a global release. This means every episode begins with a slightly more generic piece of music by (I think) Scott Donaldson and Richard Nolan.

I am now watching the third episode from the first series of Baywatch.
Yep. Sony wouldn't pay money for the rights to Sinatra's estate or who ever held the rights.
Old 15th March 2017, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Yep. Sony wouldn't pay money for the rights to Sinatra's estate or who ever held the rights.
I could understand why – it would be very expensive.
Old 16th March 2017, 08:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Good lord. Saw the feature length pilot of Poltergeist: The Legacy and it was way more explicit than i was expecting. Demon rape, death, Helen Shaver being dragged around the bedroom by the still attached umbilical cord of her demonic child and more than one flash of boob. That reads more like an exploitation flick doesn't it?

For all that, i found it quite stilted in the same way i find the Highlander series. Let's see how it develops.
Old 16th March 2017, 04:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This might be late but did anyone else catch the Xmas Inside No 9??
From the opening to the cheeky ending, twas one of the weirder episodes, what with blatant steals from Susprira and Snuff (so I thought anyhow) along the way.
Ahem.
Plus this new series has had some moments. All still on iPlayer!!
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2017, 06:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching Californication dirty, rude and very funny. I loved it, ordered the next three seasons .

Now watching the xfiles end of season 2 beginning of season 3 part story.
Old 18th March 2017, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first three episodes of ironfist.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

^ Ah, thanks for the heads up. I did not know it was showing yet.
The critics have panned it big time so it must be okay.
Old 18th March 2017, 09:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
^ Ah, thanks for the heads up. I did not know it was showing yet.
The critics have panned it big time so it must be okay.
Its the worst out of the Netflix marvel shows but its not as bad as the critics make out, espiacally the guardian which in there case as is a good thing as they don't seem to like anything unless its an arty farty crap that they like to make themselves feel superior.

Biggest problem is danny rand (iron fist) is a little on the dull side and a little annoying at times. Also it doesn't have the level of violence of the other shows.

They had do falter at some point, its not as good ax daredevil etc but its not awful its just a bit averageand the whole coming back from the dead thing was done a lot better in arrow even though the shows and characters are different

Think it will pick up once they explore the mystic side of the character instead of trying to reclaim his name and fortune which is what the first three episodes have been about but the Chinese woman story line has been interesting
Dave Boy likes this.

Last edited by trebor8273; 18th March 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 19th March 2017, 07:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Saint: The Convenient Monster. Simon Templar is in Scotland when a dog is found crushed to death near some gigantic footprints on the shores of Loch Ness. The conclusion is obvious but as more evidence begins to be found, Simon begins to wonder if the "monster" isn't being used as a convenient cover for a planned upcoming murder...Given how much I love Uncle Rog as James Bond, as well as other 60s shows like The Avengers, I don't know why it's taken me so long to get to this, I'm really enjoying it. This is a great episode too, lots of fun.

Like this? Share it using the links below!