LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2012, 07:27 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
God, you know what, I totally forgot what happened at the end of BTE. Talk about repression! Lister thinks she's dead but it turns out ultimately that (I think) Kryten lied and she is actually still alive just missing.
Ah right, explains Lister's line then. All becomes clear.
Old 5th October 2012, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

How did everyone know it was a moose
Old 5th October 2012, 10:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
How did everyone know it was a moose
Haha, did you miss the beginning?

At the beginning Lister and Cat were reading a book of facts called "Stupid But True" which had the relevant Swedish car accident fact in it.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Haha, did you miss the beginning?

At the beginning Lister and Cat were reading a book of facts called "Stupid But True" which had the relevant Swedish car accident fact in it.
Yeah I did, then I remembered it was on - turned it on and it was the everyone knows its a moose bit
Old 5th October 2012, 11:35 AM
Cult Acolyte

Liked what I saw, but it does seem to need a female crewmember, the storylines seem to broaden when you add a gal to the mix, re-introduced Kochanski was a great addition(credit to Chloe) but maybe there's just no money for a fifth cast member, sadly.
Old 5th October 2012, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Liked what I saw, but it does seem to need a female crewmember, the storylines seem to broaden when you add a gal to the mix, re-introduced Kochanski was a great addition(credit to Chloe) but maybe there's just no money for a fifth cast member, sadly.
I thought it went severely downhill when she was reintroduced. Her ongoing conflict with Kryten was annoying and deeply unfunny and I don't think she added a great deal to the show.
plasterface likes this.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default konchaski rubbish

Quote:
I thought it went severely downhill when she was reintroduced. Her ongoing conflict with Kryten was annoying and deeply unfunny and I don't think she added a great deal to the show.
too right she was red dwarf's scrappy doo
Old 6th October 2012, 11:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default better dead than smeg?

thought the first episode was best one i had seen since end of series six. Although that was'nt difficult , things went down hill after Rob Grant left claiming " he did'nt just want just red dwarf on his tombstone" but to be brutally honest he has'nt blazed any trails since leaving, 3 semi sucessful books and two flop series, remember dark ages and the strangerers anyone?
If the stone roses can get back together I am sure Grant and Naylor can ideally making everything so far been wiped away as characters stuck in a reality bubble. Series seven was rubbish Konchanski went from the feisty claire crogan character a hooray henrietta , she was better left as a memory of Lister's, an unobtainable dream it was more poigniant (cant spell) . Series 7 is a bit of a blur , series 8 however was worse carry on up the red dwarf , the show has never been afraid of a bit filth but series 8 was sex obsessed, the one about kryten's dick been the low point, he served three women for years yet did'nt know what a period was? really? too many characters why resurrect the entire crew ? the end was awful as well Rimmer kicking death in the nuts. Back to earth seemed so embarassed it avoided tieing up the loose ends, what did happen to holly? apparently the rimmer from this point on is the same rimmer who buggered off to be ace rimmer wonder if that'l be explained. Back to earth was a smugfest the whole meet their creators thing has been done to death and all the nods to blade runner weak at least they got rid of Konchanski, i disagree that should get rid of adventure episodes its just those type have been crap since Grant left. Next weeks episode seems to be about a psycho computer has'nt red dwarf done that twice? bring back holly ! hattie or norman.
Old 7th October 2012, 07:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
thought the first episode was best one i had seen since end of series six. Although that was'nt difficult , things went down hill after Rob Grant left claiming " he did'nt just want just red dwarf on his tombstone" but to be brutally honest he has'nt blazed any trails since leaving, 3 semi sucessful books and two flop series, remember dark ages and the strangerers anyone?
If the stone roses can get back together I am sure Grant and Naylor can ideally making everything so far been wiped away as characters stuck in a reality bubble. Series seven was rubbish Konchanski went from the feisty claire crogan character a hooray henrietta , she was better left as a memory of Lister's, an unobtainable dream it was more poigniant (cant spell) . Series 7 is a bit of a blur , series 8 however was worse carry on up the red dwarf , the show has never been afraid of a bit filth but series 8 was sex obsessed, the one about kryten's dick been the low point, he served three women for years yet did'nt know what a period was? really? too many characters why resurrect the entire crew ? the end was awful as well Rimmer kicking death in the nuts. Back to earth seemed so embarassed it avoided tieing up the loose ends, what did happen to holly? apparently the rimmer from this point on is the same rimmer who buggered off to be ace rimmer wonder if that'l be explained. Back to earth was a smugfest the whole meet their creators thing has been done to death and all the nods to blade runner weak at least they got rid of Konchanski, i disagree that should get rid of adventure episodes its just those type have been crap since Grant left. Next weeks episode seems to be about a psycho computer has'nt red dwarf done that twice? bring back holly ! hattie or norman.

I'm not too enthused about next week's episode since it's to do with Lister being his own father, an idea I really really hate and a one which makes little sense, even by Red Dwarf's standards.

I think the problem with having Holly in it was that (s)he was there largely for exposition purposes and to give scientific explanations for aspects of the plot. This role was largely taken over by Kryten and Holly's screentime diminished. I don't think he was in series 8 beyond the first episode was he? I honestly can't remember.
Old 7th October 2012, 02:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default holly hop drive

he was in most of series 8, the whole someone been their own ancestor has been done before fry in futurama was his own grandad and i am sure zaphod out of hitch hikers had something similar going on, the whole lister is his owm dad seemed lazy writing , i also just remembered Lister ranting on the other night about been the last human, what about konchanski , and the ressurected crew?

Like this? Share it using the links below!