Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

nekromantik 27th April 2011 11:41 AM

HMV have cancelled orders for south park as guessed! ha ha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:08 PM

I've just had the e-mails through as well. I expected them to cancel the orders as they would really be out of pocket if they honoured them all!

wayfarer 27th April 2011 12:13 PM

I got two emails with the same script but both refer to "previous correspondence" that I haven't received :rolleyes:

Quote:

We're getting in touch to let you know that all or part of your recent order from hmv.com has been cancelled, as per our previous correspondence:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:17 PM

I wondered what the 'previous correspondence' it meant, but I guess it refers to the order confirmation with the slightly odd price. I could get on my high horse and demand to know what he means by 'previous correspondence', but it's not going to get me anywhere so I'm not going to bother.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:20 PM

HMV clearly like to put the cart before the horse as I received the cancellation e-mail and then the previous correspondence:
Dear hmv Customer

We are writing to you in relation to your order for the following item:

Quote:

Cat No: BSP2096
Artist: TV COMEDY ANIMATED
Title: SOUTH PARK SEASON 12
Format: BLU BLU-RAY DISC

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99. We will not therefore process your order.

The terms and conditions governing our online sales state that your order is only accepted, and a contract between us formed, when hmv receives payment for the goods you have ordered. hmv has not yet taken payment for the goods listed above, nor taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled ‘The Contract Between US’ on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). We are therefore under no legal obligation to sell the item to you at the incorrect price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. We don’t like having to take this course of action, and apologise that we have had to do so in this instance.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website.

Kind Regards

Online Customer Service Team
Buy Music CDs, DVDs, Games, Consoles, Blu Ray, MP3s & More - hmv.com - Free Delivery

robertzombie 27th April 2011 12:22 PM

I received the previous correspondence AFTER the emails referring to the previous correspondence! It explains why they've cancelled:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMV
Dear hmv Customer

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99 (:lol:). We will not therefore process your order.

The terms and conditions governing our online sales state that your order is only accepted, and a contract between us formed, when hmv receives payment for the goods you have ordered. hmv has not yet taken payment for the goods listed above, nor taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled ‘The Contract Between US’ on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). We are therefore under no legal obligation to sell the item to you at the incorrect price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. We don’t like having to take this course of action, and apologise that we have had to do so in this instance.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website (:pound:).

Kind Regards

Buy Music CDs, DVDs, Games, Consoles, Blu Ray, MP3s & More - hmv.com - Free Delivery

darthelvis 27th April 2011 12:39 PM

HMV have Terminator Salvation Directors Cut HMV exclusive cover for only £5.99.

Terminator 4: Salvation: Directors Cut: Hmv Exclusive (2009): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

wayfarer 27th April 2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 146315)
HMV have Terminator Salvation Directors Cut HMV exclusive cover for only £5.99.

Terminator 4: Salvation: Directors Cut: Hmv Exclusive (2009): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

That's a good price. I've also now received the HMV email.

PaulD 27th April 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Dear hmv Customer

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99. We will not therefore process your order.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website.

Kind Regards

Hmm..that's that then I guess.

pedromonkey 27th April 2011 04:52 PM

i got it too, not too bothered as i already own them on dvd...worth a go though....

bigandya 27th April 2011 04:52 PM

My email was interesting...

Dear hmv Customer

Title: SOUTH PARK SEASONS 12 AND 13

We are very pleased to inform you, that although these items appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99, as you have been such a good customer in the past we will therefore process your order.

Kind Regards

:lol:

PaulD 27th April 2011 04:53 PM

Haha! If only.

tollickd 28th April 2011 09:08 AM

Play.com has a 20% of on some Blu-rays

use 20BLU2

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Nemesis 28th April 2011 09:15 AM

Some of the recent Criterion blus such as Sweet Smell of Success and Blow Out are currently going for half price on Amazon :clap:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th April 2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 146448)
Some of the recent Criterion blus such as Sweet Smell of Success and Blow Out are currently going for half price on Amazon :clap:

Excellent! I'll have a browse and see if my credit card can take anymore punishment this month!

nekromantik 28th April 2011 10:44 AM

shame Criterion didnt release salo on blu.
the uk blu is EEed to death!!

oaxaca 29th April 2011 07:41 PM

BRAM STOKERS DRACULA is going for £5.40 buy it now on ebay. I just grabbed a copy. Its a US seller (region free BD) who I've used before and they always have some real bargains :)

Bram Stoker's Dracula [Blu-ray]-Excellent-Gary Oldman, | eBay UK

Victhulhu 29th April 2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 146461)
shame Criterion didnt release salo on blu.
the uk blu is EEed to death!!

There's a REALLY nice uncut bluray of it available here in Australia. I'm surprised that the us and uk don't have one.

nekromantik 29th April 2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victhulhu (Post 147050)
There's a REALLY nice uncut bluray of it available here in Australia. I'm surprised that the us and uk don't have one.

Uk does have a blu of Salo uncut but its got lots of EE on it so a no buy from me.
thats why I said UK blu is EEd to death :)

not sure if its a bargin but Amazon CA have the 300 blu steelbook for £17 shipped!

Pete 29th April 2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 147084)
Uk does have a blu of Salo uncut but its got lots of EE on it so a no buy from me.
thats why I said UK blu is EEd to death :)

Does ee mean edge enhancement? Or the film is just eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

nekromantik 29th April 2011 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 147085)
Does ee mean edge enhancement?

yup :)

Pete 30th April 2011 12:00 AM

ok :)

I don't even know how you can spot it but then I'm not all technical minded.

Victhulhu 30th April 2011 12:07 AM

Yeah I don't even know what edge enhancement is... :S

nekromantik 30th April 2011 12:19 AM

check this out :)
Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom Pasolini Blu-ray

they always have good reviews

PaulD 8th May 2011 07:33 PM

Zavvi have Let Me In for £7.85 as part of Monday Madness

I'm so skint right now deals like this kill me.

BAKA 9th May 2011 06:59 PM

Frozen is £5.00 @ Play.

darthelvis 10th May 2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 149329)

Great spot, ordered!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2011 05:47 PM

Planet Axel currently have $0.99 shipping on all titles for the whole of the summer, apparently.

Pisses me off actually, as I put an order in with them only yesterday and got charged full whack! :mmph: :lol:

bdc 11th May 2011 07:25 PM

Can't you cancel anymore? ;)

nekromantik 11th May 2011 07:28 PM

cheers for heads up!!!
I just cancelled my poultrygiest order and will re-order with 0.99cent shipping

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 149872)
Can't you cancel anymore? ;)

Already shipped. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 149873)
cheers for heads up!!!
I just cancelled my poultrygiest order and will re-order with 0.99cent shipping

No probs mate. :)

bdc 11th May 2011 07:42 PM

Well,look at the bright side BE...all your next orders will have the cheap shipping rate. ;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 149883)
Well,look at the bright side BE...all your next orders will have the cheap shipping rate. ;)

I e-mailed Axel, and they are going to refund me the shipping difference once my order has completely shipped - now that's what I call customer service! :happy:

The down-side: I pre-ordered the Burial Ground Blu along with my other items, which have shipped... so I won't get refunded until June.

Still; great service! :nod:

bdc 11th May 2011 07:53 PM

Axel has great customer service. :nod:

nekromantik 11th May 2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 149886)

agreed :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 149896)
agreed :)

No arguments from me -- it is one of the best retailers around.

tollickd 12th May 2011 08:53 PM

what are the troma blu-rays like?

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 150271)
what are the troma blu-rays like?

Poultrygeist looks very good indeed. It's not amazing, as It was filmed on a low budget, but for what it is, it looks really good. Some great extras too. Pity that Class Of Nuke 'Em High hasn't been released yet. I still need to pick up Tromeo & Juliet though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 149886)

Totally.
Best site just now for U.S. Imports.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 150274)
Poultrygeist looks very good indeed. It's not amazing, as It was filmed on a low budget, but for what it is, it looks really good. Some great extras too. Pity that Class Of Nuke 'Em High hasn't been released yet. I still need to pick up Tromeo & Juliet though.

That's odd as my copy of Class Of Nuke 'em High arrived a couple of days ago. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but will let you know what it's like when I do.