Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

kingofwitches666 10th January 2012 03:58 PM

Picked this up for a fiver, instore at my local Asda today. :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

doolahrock 10th January 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 208113)
ChoicesUK have some pretty good deals at the mo

DVDs, Blu-ray, games & music :: ChoicesUK.com

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk


Cheers for that. Was about to get carried away but cut back to the Collectors Edition of Grindhouse.

Splatterdragon73 11th January 2012 05:56 AM

A visit to the city centre HMV recently resulted in yours truly grabbing the store exclusive BR release of The Crazies remake coupled with the DVD edition of Romero's original included in the same case for 3! I couldn't get the cash out quick enough once i saw said double-disc set at such a princely price!:)

PaulD 11th January 2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 208666)
A visit to the city centre HMV recently resulted in yours truly grabbing the store exclusive BR release of The Crazies remake coupled with the DVD edition of Romero's original included in the same case for 3! I couldn't get the cash out quick enough once i saw said double-disc set at such a princely price!:)

Nice one! I already have that but it's comforting to know there's still the occasional deal to be found on Northumberland Street. Was it just in the normal bluray section?

Splatterdragon73 11th January 2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 208668)
Nice one! I already have that but it's comforting to know there's still the occasional deal to be found on Northumberland Street. Was it just in the normal bluray section?

I don't believe so but there were several copies in amongst an assortment of other reduced nondescript DVD and BR releases on a double-sided set of shelves just outside the horror/world cinema section. I checked the same area last Saturday and i think all other copies were gone sadly.:(

PaulD 11th January 2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 208714)
I don't believe so but there were several copies in amongst an assortment of other reduced nondescript DVD and BR releases on a double-sided set of shelves just outside the horror/world cinema section. I checked the same area last Saturday and i think all other copies were gone sadly.:(

Ah yeah, that's where I got the Tartan Grindhouse version of Bride of ReAnimator on dvd for 3 the other week.

Prince_Vajda 13th January 2012 07:42 AM

Anybody planning a bigger order with PlanetAxel? Check out this:

http://www.planetaxel.com/resources/...53_300x200.jpg

2.47 - sounds like a bargain to me!

Enter The Dragon Region-Free Blu-ray Movie Online, Movies Shop, Film Plot Summary, Sales, Movie Trailer

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th January 2012 07:46 AM

Great spot! It's now in my basket with some other things I was going to order this week.

Roughale 13th January 2012 08:47 AM

It's a pity that PlanetAxel has raised the shipping cost so much, at least that counts for Germany, so if that DVD is at 3 Euro, another 8 Euro, if my calculation is correct, that makes it 11 Euro and it is still a good price, but not as eye boggling as the 3... ;)

Prince_Vajda 13th January 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 208986)
It's a pity that PlanetAxel has raised the shipping cost so much, at least that counts for Germany, so if that DVD is at 3 Euro, another 8 Euro, if my calculation is correct, that makes it 11 Euro and it is still a good price, but not as eye boggling as the 3... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 208974)
Anybody planning a bigger order with PlanetAxel?

;)

Greetings!

Roughale 13th January 2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 209004)
;)

Greetings!

Which once again shows that I might have to see an optician in the not too distant future... :cool:

Refused 13th January 2012 05:45 PM

Amazon.co.uk have Demons 2 preorder at the bargain price of 11.99.
Also, Zavvi currently have a 2 for 12 offer with some good titles in.

antmumford 13th January 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 209089)
Amazon.co.uk have Demons 2 preorder at the bargain price of 11.99.
Also, Zavvi currently have a 2 for 12 offer with some good titles in.

Nice find my friend, nice find :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

nekromantik 14th January 2012 01:00 PM

Blue Velvet is $11 plus shipping on Amazon US :)

Legend 14th January 2012 10:39 PM

Those are incredible deals on PlanetAxel. I've never bought from there before.

Departed/The Fugitive - 3.11
Gamera Trilogy - 6.78
Gamera Guardian of the Univers/Attack of the Legion - 5.36
Jackie Chan Collection (Operation Condor 1 & 2, Project A 1 & 2) - 12.24
Skull/The Man Who Could Cheat Death - 6.11

Just placed an order. I should have signed up for rewards first, I just missed out on around 4000 points. Never mind, I'm sure I'll quickly make that if offer like this are frequent.

antmumford 15th January 2012 05:02 PM

Your wallets are not going to like this but Zavvi's Mega Monday deal this week has some pretty great titles in it

The upcoming To Kill A Mockingbird Digibook is only 9.95 to preorder and there's plenty of other goodens too

Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Bringer Of Funerals 15th January 2012 06:24 PM

I picked up Death Race 2 on dvd for 3, Limitless on Blu for 8, Inglourious Basterds on blu for 6 and finally The Dark Knight on blu for 10

oaxaca 17th January 2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 209639)
Your wallets are not going to like this but Zavvi's Mega Monday deal this week has some pretty great titles in it

The upcoming To Kill A Mockingbird Digibook is only 9.95 to preorder and there's plenty of other goodens too

Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Just pre-ordered these from zavvi...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rolling Thunder - Double Play (Blu-Ray and DVD) [Blu-ray] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 30/01/2012 7.95

Cleopatra [Blu-ray] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 30/01/2012 11.95

Red Scorpion [Blu-ray] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 06/02/2012 14.95

To Kill a Mockingbird - Limited Edition Digibook [Blu-ray] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 13/02/2012 9.95

All Quiet on the Western Front - Limited Edition Digibook [Blu-ray] Awaiting Stock Pick Est: 13/02/2012 10.95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some great bargains like you say Ant!

I think HME is just seriously backlogged... I received INTRUDER the other day from there. I pre-ordered it a good 2 months ago, but as it was released on December 13th it took a month and a couple of days to arrive

antmumford 17th January 2012 04:22 PM

The Fly only 3.99 at Amazon

The Fly [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Baseball Fury 19th January 2012 12:17 PM

All new dual format Masters of Cinema releases are 10.99 a piece from Eureka for a week (including Silence De La Mer, which is under a different page)

Eureka Offers - New Dual Format Editions

marvinnashsear 19th January 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 210209)
My order took just over 4 weeks to finally ship, so don't lose hope people!

PlanetAxel have decided to give me a $4.99 voucher. Might use it towards Stendhal Syndrome as that's currently pretty cheap on the site.

I got a $6.99 voucher the other day too. Is this common for PlanetAxel? Had only used them a couple of times before.

kingofwitches666 20th January 2012 04:23 PM

Picked these up the other day. A fiver each, instore at my local Asda.... :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

doolahrock 21st January 2012 12:34 PM

The Fly is only 3.99 at Amazon. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Daemonia 21st January 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 210762)
The Fly is only 3.99 at Amazon. Looking forward to seeing it again.

The Fly looks great on Blu-ray. 3.99 is a bargain! A pound less than I paid for it. ;)

Still no sight nor sound of my HME order though....

Slippery Jack 21st January 2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 210826)
The Fly looks great on Blu-ray. 3.99 is a bargain! A pound less than I paid for it. ;)

The first Blu-Ray I bought, dirt-cheap too in a Zavvi closing down sale. I like the stupid fly-swatting game that comes with it :loco: . . .

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 01:00 PM

Erm...

I've just ordered the Arrow Academy Rififi, The Coen Brothers Collection, Studio Canal's The Third Man and Masters of Cinema's The Ballad of Narayama.....

for 3.67 each, new, from Amazon Marketplace.

There's a company (with 200,000 feedback and 5 stars) listing LOADS of titles for that price.

Lots of MoC, Studio Canal, some new releases (Kill List was one that stuck out, Don't Look Now, Witchfinder General, THE KUBRICK BOX SET, literally LOADS of stuff.

Even it turns out to be some massive error, it's worth a punt!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th January 2012 01:04 PM

Thanks for that, Baseball Fury, I'll have a look and see what's on offer.

Also, Amazon have shipped the Dario Argento: The Neo-Giallo Collection set I ordered for 5.67 (or something like that), so it looks like they're honouring orders placed at that price. Good on them!

Legend 25th January 2012 01:36 PM

Saw a few of those 3.67 titles but it looks like Amazon just hasn't updated becuase they aren't actually listed when I look at the marketplace prices. What a shame. Would have loved the Eureka MoC titles I didn't have. Probably some of the Arrow Films ones too.

nekromantik 25th January 2012 02:38 PM

what is the amazon sellers name?

Baseball Fury 25th January 2012 02:41 PM

Gzoop

nekromantik 25th January 2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 211585)
Gzoop

Thanks!

the blob 25th January 2012 04:21 PM

Gzoop had a bit of a hit and miss rep from Priceminister. Hopefully everyone who ordered gets their stuff!

the blob 26th January 2012 06:05 PM

On a happier note, The Descent is only 4.19 at Play at the moment..

Play.com - Buy The Descent (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Descent 2 is the same price but I've heard it's pretty bad...

wongfeihung62 26th January 2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 211973)
On a happier note, The Descent is only 4.19 at Play at the moment..

Play.com - Buy The Descent (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Descent 2 is the same price but I've heard it's pretty bad...

Do you mean the movie or the release quality? I personally enjoyed pt 2, and have seen many worse sequels.

the blob 26th January 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 (Post 211975)
Do you mean the movie or the release quality? I personally enjoyed pt 2, and have seen many worse sequels.

The movie. Just what I'd heard in general. I think it's one I'd probably like to rent or see on TV before I spend money on it. The original is one of the best horror films of recent years for me so I guess i'm giving it a lot to live up to.

Daemonia 27th January 2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 211977)
The movie. Just what I'd heard in general. I think it's one I'd probably like to rent or see on TV before I spend money on it. The original is one of the best horror films of recent years for me so I guess i'm giving it a lot to live up to.

Personally, I'd put the sequel on a par with the original film. I thought it was one of the better sequels I've seen - real blood spurts too, no CGI here! But the 'brown lake' they fall into and realise what it is had me gagging a bit. You'll see what I mean!

So yeah, it's a gory, mean-spirited horror with some truly yucky moments. I liked it. I only rented the BD, but I'll definitely buy it at some point. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th January 2012 08:12 AM

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as Daemonia, I agree The Descent 2 is a very well made, effectively scary and watchable horror movie which is worth a punt at that price.

Prince_Vajda 27th January 2012 08:29 AM

I'm sorry to interrupt this friendly chat, but one slight glimpse at this ridiculous abomination of a movie monster called "The Crawler", and I had to laugh out loud. :lol:

Horrible films, both parts - literally! :fear: :puke:

Greetings!

nekromantik 27th January 2012 12:52 PM

Decent 2 was bad.
Did not enjoy it.

PaulD 27th January 2012 04:10 PM

Well, the first few inevitable emails have come through informing me that gzoop have cancelled my orders. Why on earth did they have them listed at those prices?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.