Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

radioactive_ape 29th February 2012 11:07 AM

The Exorcist is well worth picking up on blu ray. There's a huge difference in terms of picture quality. Plus you get both versions of the film, the FULL Fear of God doc, new documentaries and all the usual commentaries and stuff. It's marvellous.

Nightmare on Elm Street is also worth picking up on BR...especially at that price. I paid 25 for it at Xmas and don't regret paying that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220774)
God, keep Nos away from this - he'll buy enough of them to build an Exorcist bluray house! :)

Don't worry, I'm (probably) not going to buy that one again!

I should really put all my Exorcist things together and put a photo in the Show Us Yours thread.

PaulD 29th February 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 220842)

I should really put all my Exorcist things together and put a photo in the Show Us Yours thread.

Definitely, I'd be genuinely interested to see all the different versions you have of it. Is it just the first one you have multiple versions of, not the sequels?

I'm very much looking forward to revisiting this in HD over the next few weeks, along with watching the sequels and prequels (the prequels being the only ones I haven't seen)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th February 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220843)
Definitely, I'd be genuinely interested to see all the different versions you have of it. Is it just the first one you have multiple versions of, not the sequels?

I'm very much looking forward to revisiting this in HD over the next few weeks, along with watching the sequels and prequels (the prequels being the only ones I haven't seen)

I only have multiple versions of The Exorcist as I don't rank the prequels at all, but do own Exorcist 2: The Heretic and two versions of Exorcist III.

nekromantik 29th February 2012 01:47 PM

Im glad I picked up the US digibook of Exorcist!
Its a awesome version.

PaulD 29th February 2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 220846)
Im glad I picked up the US digibook of Exorcist!
Its a awesome version.

I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

radioactive_ape 29th February 2012 02:08 PM

Exorcist III is an incredible film! I don't mind part II despite it being an unwatchable mess!
The prequels are pretty dire and are simply forgettable despite the huge amount of talent that went into them.

James Morton 29th February 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220847)
I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

I bought the all region US blu ray of THE EXORCIST a long time ago and the only difference is. and why I bought this bd in the first place, is
a book which I don't think is included in the UK bd

all extras are the same

Rik 29th February 2012 03:17 PM

I think I paid about a fiver, brand new delivered for the Exorcist BD from a seller on eBay, well worth it. My sister bought me the NOES set for Xmas and that too is a great set, loads of special features

marvinnashsear 29th February 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 220845)
I only have multiple versions of The Exorcist as I don't rank the prequels at all, but do own Exorcist 2: The Heretic and two versions of Exorcist III.

When you say 2 versions of Exorcist 3 do you mean 2 copies or two different cuts? It'd be interesting to see another cut cos I've only seen the region 1 dvd version.

nekromantik 29th February 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220847)
I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

Yup exactly the same discs.

wayfarer 1st March 2012 07:30 AM

I git the BD of True Romance from the Play sale at 4.99; thought that was the right price to pay;)

I've had The Exorcist BD since release, and ignored the Fear of God doc as I assumed it was the cut version:eek::lol: I was p*ssed off that the awesome Mercedes McCambridge interview was missing from the DVD version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st March 2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 220998)
When you say 2 versions of Exorcist 3 do you mean 2 copies or two different cuts? It'd be interesting to see another cut cos I've only seen the region 1 dvd version.

I mean two different copies: the R1 US DVD and R2 German DVDs -- it's a title which I'd love to be given a fully remastered Blu-ray release with a new commentary by Blatty, retrospective interviews/documentaries and whatever else there is in the way of supplementary material.

Paul@TheOverlook 1st March 2012 08:50 AM

I think blatty was very unhappy with the cut that was released and because the excised footage from his initial cut is supposed to be "lost" I'd imagine he'd object to being involved with any subsequent release of the film.

It's sad and we have the same person to blame for this as we do for the NIGHTBREED debacle: James G. Robinson, the head of Morgan Creek. That and the fact that both films were released originally by 20the Century Fox in the US but have since become part of the Warner Bros. library. I can't think of many more films that are as worthy of revisiting as EXORCIST III and NIGHTBREED, it's such a shame.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st March 2012 09:06 AM

I've read/heard the same as you: Blatty was unhappy with some scenes which were removed and the exorcism sequence which was imposed on him o in order o make it a 'Exorcist' film, rather than Legion.

As such, it would be great to see him given carte blanche and all the relevant film stock to to make Exorcist III: The Director's Cut which could be released on DVD with a commentary or lengthy interview with Blatty to explain the changes from the theatrical version.

Fingers crossed, hope springs eternal, good things come to those who wait etc etc...

Paul@TheOverlook 1st March 2012 09:19 AM

Yeah, never say never, I know. At least we know they'd sell a minimum of two copies :)

Given it's connection to Exorcist and that it's written and directed by Blatty, a revised version would be an extremely easy sell for WB's marketing folk. I'm sure there was talk a few years ago of Mark Kermode being on the case of helping locate the missing footage. Maybe this is a question someone needs to ask him at his next Q&A.

antmumford 1st March 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 221061)
Yeah, never say never, I know. At least we know they'd sell a minimum of two copies :)

Given it's connection to Exorcist and that it's written and directed by Blatty, a revised version would be an extremely easy sell for WB's marketing folk. I'm sure there was talk a few years ago of Mark Kermode being on the case of helping locate the missing footage. Maybe this is a question someone needs to ask him at his next Q&A.

Make that 3, I absolutely adore Exorcist III!

wayfarer 1st March 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 221082)
Make that 3, I absolutely adore Exorcist III!


and me! *waves* :clap:

"is it bedtime?"

Sargento 1st March 2012 07:25 PM

Me 4 ... love E3 ... one of the finest horror movies of the 90s!:coolblue:

Rik 1st March 2012 07:27 PM

And me, the book is good too. :nod:

Daemonia 2nd March 2012 10:22 AM

I'm a big fan of Exorcist III as well. I saw it on the big screen when it was first released and it was very unsettling. I would love to see a reconstruction of Blatty's original vision, but Warners of late seem uninterested in restoring their older films. But a restored Exorcist III and Nightbreed would be great, if possible. I'd also like to see Kevin Yagher's original vision of Hellraiser 4: Bloodline, but I doubt that would be possible now.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd March 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 221262)
I'm a big fan of Exorcist III as well. I saw it on the big screen when it was first released and it was very unsettling. I would love to see a reconstruction of Blatty's original vision, but Warners of late seem uninterested in restoring their older films. But a restored Exorcist III and Nightbreed would be great, if possible. I'd also like to see Kevin Yagher's original vision of Hellraiser 4: Bloodline, but I doubt that would be possible now.

The workprint is the closet we'll ever see to Yagher's version of Hellraiser: bloodline.

Daemonia 2nd March 2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 221268)
The workprint is the closet

And the lobster is the cooker.

Yay! Metaphysical surrealist humour! :lol:

wayfarer 6th March 2012 02:21 PM

Sherlock Series 2 Lightning Deal on Blu-ray right now! 11.97

Amazon.co.uk: Special Offers on DVD & Blu-ray

Refused 6th March 2012 09:18 PM

5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

EDIT: ALL GONE! Please don't try and use it then blame me when it doesn't work :P

nekromantik 6th March 2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Thanks! Just used it to get The Mist for 1!
:lol:
Yeah should have used it for something a little more so I can get it for good price but meh could not find anything else.

Jinx_Barkman 6th March 2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Thanks! Picked up Anti-Clock for 1.18.

Rik 6th March 2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Thanks man, got the original Friday the 13th for 3!

PaulD 6th March 2012 11:24 PM

Good call. Picked up the Shameless dvd The Beast in Space for 2.88 as it's always fairly pricey everywhere

the blob 7th March 2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Cheers! Didn't fancy buying anything pricey as there's too much coming out over the next few months. It was a struggle to find anything I wanted cheap enough! Ended up with Enter The Dragon for 1.99.

Been meaning to get that ever since Warners gipped me by not replacing it in the DVD 2 BLU programme.

Paul@TheOverlook 7th March 2012 02:45 AM

Nice one - just bought the MoC Repo Man for 10.89.

bgart13 7th March 2012 03:17 AM

I've used eBay for about ten years and I've never seen a promo code for it before. Where'd you get that?

And DAMN not seeing that Sherlock lightning deal till now...!!!!

Sam 7th March 2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Cheers, grabbed The Funhouse blu ray for just over a fiver! :)

antmumford 7th March 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 222397)
5 off anything on eBay when paying with paypal, use the code CUKFB1 at checkout! Not sure how long it will last though, so I'd hurry.
Picked up Kill List using the code for 4.

Great, just waited for an item for finish ending so put in my max bid taking into account I'd get 5 off and it didn't work. An error note pops up to say it's run out of funds or something along those lines. Dagnammit!

I was up at 7 this morning and could have bought something else straight away when it was still working... ggrrrrrrrr :(

Paul@TheOverlook 7th March 2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 222454)
Great, just waited for an item for finish ending so put in my max bid taking into account I'd get 5 off and it didn't work. An error note pops up to say it's run out of funds or something along those lines. Dagnammit!

I was up at 7 this morning and could have bought something else straight away when it was still working... ggrrrrrrrr :(

My friend had a similar message this morning too - guess the promo is over now.

I've been using eBay for almost ten years and have never had a promo code before. Let's hope this is something that crops up more often now.

the blob 7th March 2012 11:54 AM

I've had a couple before but the last one must have been at least 4 or 5 years ago. I remember it well as I grabbed the Close Encounters BD box for about 4 with it.

Be nice if they did it more often. Maybe they're trying to generate more business. I know it's a huge marketplace but it's really overrun with expensive business sellers in some categories and on another site I sell on I've really noticed a sharp drop over the past couple if months.

nekromantik 7th March 2012 08:42 PM

Damn wanted to use it for a 2nd time! :lol:

Rik 18th March 2012 10:24 AM

Here you Demons and Demons 2 Steelbook fans, cheapest I've seen it online
Demons 1 & 2 BD Steelbook

Hugh 18th March 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 224740)
Here you Demons and Demons 2 Steelbook fans, cheapest I've seen it online
Demons 1 & 2 BD Steelbook

:clap:

Nice spot. Ordered.

Shame the standard blu's are in a black box rather than all my nice whitebox Arrow blu's. I'd have liked to keep a nice long shelf full of Arrow whiteboxes.

Guess this and the ROTLD might be the start of a steelbook slippery slope.

PaulD 19th March 2012 06:44 PM

ignore - I got confused :(


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.