Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Rik 10th April 2013 07:17 PM

I can't take credit for this, that goes to Keirarts, the DVD is £12 so this has to be an error if the Blu is £2.99

247 F for £2.99 on BD from Amazon

Hugh 10th April 2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 334763)
I can't take credit for this, that goes to Keirarts, the DVD is £12 so this has to be an error if the Blu is £2.99

247 F for £2.99 on BD from Amazon

Nice one Rik (and Keirarts, obviously). :clap:

Be rude not to buy it at that price.

Hugh 11th April 2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 334785)
Nice one Rik (and Keirarts, obviously). :clap:

Be rude not to buy it at that price.

It's been honoured at £2.99. Just got the dispatch mail. And there are still 14 left at this price.

Probably a rubbish film, and only worth £2.99. :lol:

Rik 11th April 2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 334916)
It's been honoured at £2.99. Just got the dispatch mail. And there are still 14 left at this price.

Mine has been dispatched too :nod:

unrealbe 12th April 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 334916)

I've seen it, it's not bad.
btw has the price been corrected?

PaulD 12th April 2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealbe (Post 335166)
I've seen it, it's not bad.
btw has the price been corrected?

Yeah, £9.99 now

pedromonkey 20th April 2013 12:18 AM

Die Hard Quadrilogy £9.99 on Zavvi.com

Die Hard Quadrilogy Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy £11.99 on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lethal-Weapo...gy_d_h__text_y

Zann 20th April 2013 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 336728)
Die Hard Quadrilogy £9.99 on Zavvi.com

Die Hard Quadrilogy Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy £11.99 on Amazon.co.uk

Lethal Weapon 1-4 [Blu-ray][Region Free]: Amazon.co.uk: Mel Gibson: Film & TV

Good price for DH Quadrilogy. Anyone know if the third installment is uncut with lift scene intact?

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th April 2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 336738)
Good price for DH Quadrilogy. Anyone know if the third installment is uncut with lift scene intact?

It is. The BBFC have waived all previous cuts to the film.

Zann 20th April 2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 336740)
It is. The BBFC have waived all previous cuts to the film.

Cheers, just leaves whether to wait for the inevitable pentalogy or not :)

Slippery Jack 20th April 2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 336760)
Cheers, just leaves whether to wait for the inevitable pentalogy or not :)

I hate that Pentalogy / Quadrilogy bollocks. What's wrong with 'The Alien Collection', or 'The Die Hard Collection' :tsk: . . . ?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st April 2013 02:34 AM

The fifth Die Hard film is supposed to be a steaming pile of shit anyway. I'd rather just buy a trilogy, myself (not that one exists - the mediocre fourth film saw to that!)

I'll stick to buying individual releases.

Slippery Jack 21st April 2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 336872)
The fifth Die Hard film is supposed to be a steaming pile of shit anyway. I'd rather just buy a trilogy, myself (not that one exists

There should be a Hollywood law that states that for any film trilogy, the individual films must be made within a decade (animation being the exception). Any films made after 10 years of the original will not be allowed to be takcked onto the original trilogy in any future release! Die Hard 4.0? Piss off! Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull? Nope! It's called the Trilogy Protection Law :nod: . . .

monkeypedro 26th April 2013 12:04 PM

Blockbuster online has updated the titles available in their 4 for £10 exrental Bluray offer and it now includes Killer Joe, Drive, Faces in the crowd along with other newish releases.
I have brought several ex-rentals over thhe past few months and are normallly in very good condition and have never had a problem.

zane 29th April 2013 12:11 PM

Fall Of The House Of Usher

and

Time Bandits

each steelbook for 14,78 on amazon.co.uk.

BAKA 4th May 2013 04:18 PM

Sainsbury's Entertainment have lots of BFI Flipside releases for £6.99 each!

Slippery Jack 4th May 2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 339473)

Coooooool :cool: Think I'll get Little Malcolm . . .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

I'm not even the click on that link as I know I'll end up buying more than I can afford!

bdc 5th May 2013 11:33 AM

Do you think Amazon will price match? :lol: :rolleyes:
They don't ship abroad it seems...

zane 5th May 2013 12:46 PM

All the Flipside releases are also very cheap (~ 7 pounds or less) on amazon marketplace now. A good alternative for international members. Just bought Nightbirds a couple of days ago.

(Together with some Blue Underground classics - all for 7 pounds or less)

sjconstable 5th May 2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 336824)
I hate that Pentalogy / Quadrilogy bollocks. What's wrong with 'The Alien Collection', or 'The Die Hard Collection' :tsk: . . . ?

Especially since the made up word 'quadrilogy' should actually be the real word 'tetralogy'!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 339625)
Especially since the made up word 'quadrilogy' should actually be the real word 'tetralogy'!

I was only explaining that to someone yesterday, as trilogy is Latin and Quadrilogy is Greek so, as you say, it should be tetralogy.

However, I have no problem with things being called trilogies (such as The Godfather, Matrix and Three Colours films, for example) but, beyond that, 'collection' is more fitting.

Hawkmonger 5th May 2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Thats Man of Violence covered then.:happy:

bdc 5th May 2013 04:17 PM

Nice one! :thumb:

sjconstable 5th May 2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 339628)
I was only explaining that to someone yesterday, as trilogy is Latin and Quadrilogy is Greek so, as you say, it should be tetralogy.

Tetralogy is Greek (from tetralogia), and quadrilogy was made up by Fox for the Alien Quadrilogy.

Bringer Of Funerals 5th May 2013 06:08 PM

Are the Clint Eastwood blu rays region free

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th May 2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gasteropod (Post 339641)
Tetralogy is Greek (from tetralogia), and quadrilogy was made up by Fox for the Alien Quadrilogy.

You're right – I got them the wrong way round! I only know it's because I'm a tetraplegic, which is a Greek term with 'tetra' meaning for and 'plegic' limbs. Americans use the term quadriplegic, which mixes 'quad', which is a Latin term, with the Greek 'plegic'. I think officially the accepted term is now tetraplegic.

It's a shame quadrilogy caught on and Fox didn't use tetralogy instead.

Andra Jai 8th May 2013 05:31 AM

Anyone planning on buying the Peter Cushing Dalek films on blu-ray may be interested in this

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E11212566

£14.99 for the ltd edition set, however you have to search under Doctor Who to find it (or use the above link)

This works out much cheaper than buying the individual films.

darthelvis 8th May 2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 340107)
Anyone planning on buying the Peter Cushing Dalek films on blu-ray may be interested in this

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E11212566

£14.99 for the ltd edition set, however you have to search under Doctor Who to find it (or use the above link)

This works out much cheaper than buying the individual films.

Ordered cheers Sam!

the blob 16th May 2013 01:07 PM

The Mr Sardonicus/Brotherhood of Satan double bill from Mill Creek is up on Amazon for the absurdly low price of £2.92 + shipping. No idea if it's region locked or not though.

Mr Sardonicus & Brotherhood of Satan Blu-ray US Import: Amazon.co.uk: Strother Martin, Ronald Lewis: Film & TV

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2013 02:27 PM

I haven't seen either film and have no idea whether the price will be honoured but, for that price, it's worth a punt.

the blob 16th May 2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 341975)
I haven't seen either film and have no idea whether the price will be honoured but, for that price, it's worth a punt.

You're in for a treat, especially for that price. Mine's dispatching soon and all the Mill Creek BD double packs have been dirt cheap so shouldn't be a problem.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th May 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 341993)
You're in for a treat, especially for that price. Mine's dispatching soon and all the Mill Creek BD double packs have been dirt cheap so shouldn't be a problem.

Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.

bdc 16th May 2013 06:26 PM

I found this review of the blu:

"A few words about...™ Mr. Sardonicus -- in Blu-ray

William Castle's 1961 Mr. Sardonicus is typical Castle horror, and that's an okay thing. Definitely low-budget, and black & white, it gives the requisite shocks, and is well...

okay. I would presume that the target audience was originally young to mid-teens.

I've seen it in varying incarnations over the years, but finally for fans of the film, we have something special. Special for fans. As a Columbia picture, just typical.

Which means an absolutely perfect presentation.

A perfect gray scale, with admirable blacks. Tight grain structure and resolution that's sharp as a tack.

So where are we.

An okay production, a fun little gothic-ish horror film, but nothing extraordinary, in the form of a Blu-ray that can knock the socks off most every film of the era on the format.

Again, for fans, it's under $10, which is a great price. And you get The Brotherhood of Satan with it. Free." (Robert Harris)

Many people want it for The Brotherhood of Satan btw. ;)

I hope it's region free,if anyone can confirm?

Slippery Jack 16th May 2013 08:02 PM

Bah! "Currently unavailable", you tease :mmph: . . .

Paul@TheOverlook 16th May 2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 341928)
The Mr Sardonicus/Brotherhood of Satan double bill from Mill Creek is up on Amazon for the absurdly low price of £2.92 + shipping. No idea if it's region locked or not though.

Mr Sardonicus & Brotherhood of Satan Blu-ray US Import: Amazon.co.uk: Strother Martin, Ronald Lewis: Film & TV

I have a fair few of the Mill Creek titles and those I have are all region A-locked.

zane 16th May 2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 342087)
I have a fair few of the Mill Creek titles and those I have are all region A-locked.

And those that I have are all Region Free ;) You will just have to wait for a confirmation.

oaxaca 22nd May 2013 09:31 AM

A seller called passionflix UK are selling CUJO on BD (the first release, not the Olive rerelease with better artwork) for a mere £5.73 all in on amazon.co.uk. It ships from Canada so you may have to wait a while but the seller has got very good ratings.

The Olive re-release (below right) is going for twice this price, though as said I do much prefer that artwork....

http://images3.static-bluray.com/mov...6865_large.jpghttp://images4.static-bluray.com/mov...8863_large.jpg

zane 22nd May 2013 12:42 PM

Who doesn't already has this should definetly get the Lionsgate release, as the much more expensive Olive disc lacks the extensive making of.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd May 2013 01:25 PM

Mr. Sardonicus is an entertaining little gothic horror film. You've got to love the schlocky 'punishment poll', too ;)

One of Castle's finest films.