Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179933Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2010, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Went to see U23D and there was just me in there!

You... stop sniggering over there!

Old 10th September 2010, 06:32 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I was the only person at a showing of "eXistenz". The cinema staff kept coming in and checking on me every 15 minutes or so, for some reason.
Old 10th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
I like THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 2 as well.Its much better than the first film.
That scene in it, where we see that the teenage boy is now fully possessed, and he's got a kind of blue tinge to his face. very creepy.
Romancing your Sister is a bit on the disturbing side too...
And what the Hell was that "thing", in the basement?!!

P.S, Blowing your parents brains out at nap time, is not cool either.
Old 11th September 2010, 03:00 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I was the only person at a showing of "eXistenz". The cinema staff kept coming in and checking on me every 15 minutes or so, for some reason.
probably making sure you hadn't lost the will to live or they couldn't belive ther was someone in there watching it Mind you I can talk I actully paid to see Star Trek V at the cinema, I can still see the snigger on the face of the ticket clerk!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 11th September 2010, 03:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Last night I watched ...

... Ratman

Much hyped by Shameless, but overall very disappointing. Little gore, silly creature, and to say it was made in 88 - it looks more like it was made in 1980! No wonder no one distributed it over here! I never expected it to be good, but I did expect a 'so bad it's fun' movie. Just boring really.
Old 11th September 2010, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watched the remake of The Blob, it was awesome, and the Gore F/X were top notch, only problem for me was Kevin Dillon because ive watched him as Johnny Drama in Entourage for so long, it's weird seeing him in something different...
Old 11th September 2010, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I love the re-make of The Blob .. great kitsch fun ... no idea how it bombed at the cinema. Tony Gardener's make-up FX are indeed wonderful.

"If it had a mind, you could reason with it. If it had a face, you could look it in the eye. And if it had a body, you could shoot it."
Old 11th September 2010, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched

Four Lions

Due to the nature of the film, I really shouldn't have liked it, but I really found it warm and funny! Highly recommended .. and shot on my doorstep too! Well, not on my doorstep otherwise the film would have been rubbish and wouldn't have been able to get in or out either!

Old 11th September 2010, 07:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I love the re-make of The Blob .. great kitsch fun ... no idea how it bombed at the cinema. Tony Gardener's make-up FX are indeed wonderful.

"If it had a mind, you could reason with it. If it had a face, you could look it in the eye. And if it had a body, you could shoot it."
Yeah, I remember this one well. The effects in this were very cool, and often disturbing to look at. You wouldn't want to be in that situation, would you?!
Old 12th September 2010, 01:49 PM
Cultist in Training

Question The Amityville Horror (1979)

Well - watched The Amityville Horror for the first time and can say it left me a little confused about the role of the police and the church in it. It seemed that the film was coming to a close and they just decided to chop those story threads off.

The film in general seemed to lurch from one happening to the other with little of it explained to the viewer with anything that made sense.

It's only the fact that I have an interest in the paranormal and have read a bit about this case that I could make the film worth watching. If i was going into this 'blind' I would have thought it was a great steaming pile of crap, as such I think it was only a small one!!!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???

Like this? Share it using the links below!