Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1960's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2015, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'm always gonna put Dawn first, then Day and Night, because that was the first I saw, and one of the first non-Hammer horror films I saw as a kid, to this day it's still my favourite horror film, I know a few members on here don't think it's owt special, but I absolutely love it and watch it many times a year
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th January 2015, 06:02 PM
Cult Addict

I think this is the only trilogy where i actually like all of them equally.
The first has a great atmosphere and is really bleak and groundbreaking, the second is an epic gorefest yet also intimate and the third has great performances and probably my favourite zombie ever.

bub.jpg

Bub i salute you !!
And aunt Alicia sends her love.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 27th January 2015 at 06:19 PM.
Old 27th January 2015, 06:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm always gonna put Dawn first, then Day and Night, because that was the first I saw, and one of the first non-Hammer horror films I saw as a kid, to this day it's still my favourite horror film, I know a few members on here don't think it's owt special, but I absolutely love it and watch it many times a year
I remember watched dawn for the first time before school on a Monday morning around 1996. Mum had recorded it on VHS from the Sunday night on one of the then regular BBC2 Sunday horror nights,the week before Halloween was on also was my first viewing of that. Some films you never forget when and where you first saw them,holding great memories. Ironically night was the last 1 of the trilogy I saw and that was not until about. 2003! I had seen the remake before that and as good as it is I still think it is for me not as amazing as many regard it.
Old 27th January 2015, 06:13 PM
Cult Addict

I saw them in that order too, Dawn at my brothers house on it's original VHS release when i was about 10, loved it.
Day when it first came out on VHS and Night i first saw on TV on a weird regional ITV channel that wasn't my normal one and would only tune in occasionally. (the picture was a bit fuzzy but it kinda added to the effect)
Night was also the first VHS i bought, a dodgy colourized version that looked shite and i used to fiddle with the Tv settings so i could watch it properly.
God i hate colourized versions.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 27th January 2015, 06:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
I remember watched dawn for the first time before school on a Monday morning around 1996. Mum had recorded it on VHS from the Sunday night on one of the then regular BBC2 Sunday horror nights,the week before Halloween was on also was my first viewing of that. Some films you never forget when and where you first saw them,holding great memories. Ironically night was the last 1 of the trilogy I saw and that was not until about. 2003! I had seen the remake before that and as good as it is I still think it is for me not as amazing as many regard it.
With me the 1st time I watched it was when I bought it in a set with 3 other Prism Leasure films, the 2 films on a double sided DVD. The other 3 were shit and I was shocked that it was black and white and the reason I was shocked was because I had seen the 1978 Dawn Of The Dead then a few years after the 1990 Remake of Night.

Over the years I have grown to love the film
Old 27th January 2015, 11:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dawn was actually the first genre film I remember watching. It must of been the mid-eighties, and I must of been around ten. My parents borrowed a hooky copy from my grandparents and sent my brother and I up to bed. I snuck down half way through and watched five minutes through a little window in the door until I got caught and sent back up. Well, that five minutes was enough, I was completely captivated. I snuck downstairs that night and watched the entire film.

It took me a while to watch Night, probably even longer to appreciate it. I love it now though, gun to head, Night would be the one I pull off the shelf. Incredible to think its over 45 years old.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I saw them in that order too, Dawn at my brothers house on it's original VHS release when i was about 10, loved it.
Day when it first came out on VHS and Night i first saw on TV on a weird regional ITV channel that wasn't my normal one and would only tune in occasionally. (the picture was a bit fuzzy but it kinda added to the effect)
Night was also the first VHS i bought, a dodgy colourized version that looked shite and i used to fiddle with the Tv settings so i could watch it properly.
God i hate colourized versions.
That Night video from 4-Front was absolute shite!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.3 KB, 3 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I owned the Tartan VHS which was probably the best VHS version out there.But I was duped into that 4 front video as well.Out of curiousity more than owt else....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th January 2015, 06:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The original VHS release was released in a card slipcase which ALWAYS ended up cut into three and shoved into a plastic case!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg night-of-the-living-dead-12717l.jpg (39.7 KB, 4 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 28th January 2015, 06:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
That Night video from 4-Front was absolute shite!
I nearly bought that edition

Like this? Share it using the links below!