All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2011, 06:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawnee View Post
Just got burnt by this statement of the back cover of the newly released Fist of Fury.

"Brand new feature length audio commentary track from Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan"

...only to find out that is say exactly this on the old version as well
p
Old 12th July 2011, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I went rummaging through a box of dvd's in the loft that I'm going to sell & discovered my old copy of Police Story 2 on HKL that I thought had long gone.

Suffice to say it's back on my shelf now, which now brings my HKL dvd total to 22.

I love it when things like that happen.
Stephen@Cult Labs and oaxaca like this.

You make it easy.
Old 16th July 2011, 05:44 PM
Cult Rookie

re wheels on meals

the only way to see wheels on meals is with the original english dub which the hkl dvd doesnt have - the music score is so much better than the new english dub and cantonese track
Old 1st August 2011, 04:54 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I am thinking of having a go at collecting all of the HKL dvds (not the new issues or magazine versions). I also want to make it a bit more fun by not using the internet to track them down.

HKL DVD I have atm are:

Drunken Master
Full Contact
Hapkido
Police Story
The Story Of Riki
Tiger On The Beat
Iron Monkey (2 Disk)

I think I have quite a few to go, if I decide to do this, but I recon it they would look awesome althgether on a shelf.
Old 1st August 2011, 05:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I am thinking of having a go at collecting all of the HKL dvds (not the new issues or magazine versions). I also want to make it a bit more fun by not using the internet to track them down.

HKL DVD I have atm are:

Drunken Master
Full Contact
Hapkido
Police Story
The Story Of Riki
Tiger On The Beat
Iron Monkey (2 Disk)

I think I have quite a few to go, if I decide to do this, but I recon it they would look awesome althgether on a shelf.
I think that the majority of HKL DVDs are worth owning, although some of them are seriously flawed. Drunken Master, for instance, is badly cropped from the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio to 1.78:1. Police Story and Police Story 2 also suffer from aspect ratio problems.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post

HKL DVD I have atm are:

Drunken Master
Full Contact
Hapkido
Police Story
The Story Of Riki
Tiger On The Beat
Iron Monkey (2 Disk)

Good luck getting a copy of the Ultra-bit Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin, I've seen it go for over £100
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:22 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Good luck getting a copy of the Ultra-bit Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin, I've seen it go for over £100
Well there's no time limit for my completing this, and I'm not gonna pay crazy money for anything. I just though it would be fun to see how many I can get by trawling second hand places and charity shops and stuff.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I'm trying to hunt down the Ultr-Bit versions of all the Jackie Chan films but they're just sooo expensive. I'm sure I'll get them all eventually in years to come. The fun is definitely hunting them down though. I've seen a few for a bargain price on eBay every now and again but typically it's just as I run out of money so I can't bid anything.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 2nd August 2011, 11:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I picked up The Killer, Police Story 2, The Big Boss, 1942, Drunken Master and Iron Monkey for 50p each in a secondhand shop, so they're all out there! Somewhere!
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I'm trying to hunt down the Ultr-Bit versions of all the Jackie Chan films but they're just sooo expensive. I'm sure I'll get them all eventually in years to come. The fun is definitely hunting them down though. I've seen a few for a bargain price on eBay every now and again but typically it's just as I run out of money so I can't bid anything.
I haven't bought all of the Ultrabit dvds, but the ones I managed to pick up recently, cost me around £30 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this? Share it using the links below!