All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2012, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Anyone interested in trading a Magnificent Butcher HKL DVD? My GF got me a copy, but I already have it.

I would trade it for any original HKL release I don't already have (disks I have can be seen in the photo on my last post in this thread).
Trade it for "Swordsman".
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 9th January 2012, 08:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Here's my HKL (R4 and R2), Cine Asia (R2) and Dragon Dynasty (R1) collection. I have all the Cine Asia and Dragon Dynasty releases as of this date, except for Flying Guillotine 1 and 2.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
bdc likes this.

Last edited by SaturnHST; 9th January 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10th January 2012, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

An impressive assortment and i noticed there's a fair few of your copies sitting there seemingly still sealed just like my own collection only all my items are boxed-up. Imo it's intriguing how some of us here can often be in similar situations with regards to the state of our viewing acquisitions.
Old 10th January 2012, 04:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Nice collection. Makes me nostalgic as I had to sell most of mine a few years ago when I was made redundant. But I am starting to build up again.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 11th January 2012, 01:23 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
An impressive assortment and i noticed there's a fair few of your copies sitting there seemingly still sealed just like my own collection only all my items are boxed-up. Imo it's intriguing how some of us here can often be in similar situations with regards to the state of our viewing acquisitions.
Yes, I'm working my way through the HKL's. Then I'll watch the DD and CA dvds.
Old 11th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Picked up The Postman Fights Back in CEX for £1.50

Says on the back of the box that it's 'Starring action legend Chow Yun Fat, hot from his success with "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" '

Chow must be a time traveller cause the last time I checked TPFB is 1982 and CTHD is 2001.
bdc likes this.

Last edited by BioZombie; 11th January 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11th January 2012, 06:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Picked up The Postman Fights Back in CEX for £1.50

Says on the back of the box that it's 'Starring action legend Chow Yun Fat, hot from his success with "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" '

Chow must be a time traveller cause the last time I check TPFB is 1982 and CTHD is 2001.
When that edition was released, he was hot from his success with "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon".
Old 12th January 2012, 05:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Picked up The Postman Fights Back in CEX for £1.50.
Merely an average actioner imo with Leung Kar Yan leading the cast rather than Chow Yun Fat and both have starred in better films.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:59 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Merely an average actioner imo with Leung Kar Yan leading the cast rather than Chow Yun Fat and both have starred in better films.
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. The plot was pretty simple, but effective. I really liked the scene where Chow Yun Fat had to fight the two guys who fought as a sort of weird double act, and all the stuff with the ninja was great. I thought they managed to make it seem like Leung Kar Yan really had a hard fight at the end. I also liked the part where the explosive expert went crazy and used dynamite suicide mice to blow up the enemy.

A bit above average IMO.
Old 12th January 2012, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
I really liked the scene where Chow Yun Fat had to fight the two guys who fought as a sort of weird double act, and all the stuff with the ninja was great.
The above moments represent the best parts of the film imo with everything else being watchable and passable but no more than that. But each to their own.

Like this? Share it using the links below!