Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree36Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #561  
Old 5th February 2012, 10:16 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I only got it to keep with the collection but also own the French version which is the best release worldwide and a reasonable price on amazon.fr to boot
Is it the US version, or Jackie's cut?
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 5th February 2012, 10:20 AM
antmumford's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Worthing
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Is it the US version, or Jackie's cut?
Its both the International AND the superior Jackie Chan's Recut version both in Anamorphic Widescreen.

http://www.amazon.fr/retour-du-chino...8440864&sr=1-4

My copies in storage at the mo and I thought it was meant to have English language but according to amazon it's just Chinese and only French subs...uuummmm don't trust amazon too much with spec details though.
__________________
A Night of living terror led to a Dawn of false hope but nothing before will prepare you for the darkest Day the world has ever known

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 5th February 2012, 10:38 AM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

French and "Cantonese" audio according to what I've read.
There is dialogue in English though.

"Deux pistes son sont proposées ici: la version française stéréo et la version cantonaise stéréo également. La version française témoigne d'effets sonores plus marqués. En ce qui concerne les doublages, ceux-ci sont plus réussi que d'habitude, on s'étonne à reconnaître la voix habituelle de Sylvester Stallone pour le personnage de Garroni. Dans la version originale Jackie Chan garde sa voix naturelle pour les passages en anglais. La bande-son est très correcte, elle manque un peu de punch lors des grosses scènes d'action." (Test Excessif)

Babelfish...
"Two tracks its are proposed here: the stereo French version and the stereo Cantonese version also. The French version testifies d' more marked sound effects. With regard to doublings, those are successful more than d' practice, one s' astonish to recognize the usual voice of Sylvester Stallone for the character of Garroni. In the original version Jackie Chan keeps its natural voice for the English passages. The band is very correct, it misses a little punch at the time of the large scenes d' action."

Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 5th February 2012, 11:05 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
French and "Cantonese" audio according to what I've read.
There is dialogue in English though.

"Deux pistes son sont proposées ici: la version française stéréo et la version cantonaise stéréo également. La version française témoigne d'effets sonores plus marqués. En ce qui concerne les doublages, ceux-ci sont plus réussi que d'habitude, on s'étonne à reconnaître la voix habituelle de Sylvester Stallone pour le personnage de Garroni. Dans la version originale Jackie Chan garde sa voix naturelle pour les passages en anglais. La bande-son est très correcte, elle manque un peu de punch lors des grosses scènes d'action." (Test Excessif)

Babelfish...
"Two tracks its are proposed here: the stereo French version and the stereo Cantonese version also. The French version testifies d' more marked sound effects. With regard to doublings, those are successful more than d' practice, one s' astonish to recognize the usual voice of Sylvester Stallone for the character of Garroni. In the original version Jackie Chan keeps its natural voice for the English passages. The band is very correct, it misses a little punch at the time of the large scenes d' action."

Hmmmm not sure about that. Think it's just saying that Jackie used his Own voice on the original version, since it was filmed in English. As much as I want it, i'll give it a miss I think.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 5th February 2012, 11:16 AM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

The Protector on dvd/bd

"FRENCH REGION 2 DVD PAL **Recommended

Anamorphic widescreen, this dvd has both cuts of the film the international and the superior HK edit. Languages: English 2.0 (international) French 2.0 (international) and Cantonese dubbed (HK edit ) 2.0. French subtitles only no English."

Seems there's 3 versions?
"the USA edit, the Cantonese Jackie Chan edit AND the Japanese edit.(A combination of English language and Cantonese.)"
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 5th February 2012, 12:06 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
The Protector on dvd/bd

"FRENCH REGION 2 DVD PAL **Recommended

Anamorphic widescreen, this dvd has both cuts of the film the international and the superior HK edit. Languages: English 2.0 (international) French 2.0 (international) and Cantonese dubbed (HK edit ) 2.0. French subtitles only no English."

Seems there's 3 versions?
"the USA edit, the Cantonese Jackie Chan edit AND the Japanese edit.(A combination of English language and Cantonese.)"
Still a no buy I'm afraid. No english subs for the HK version.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 5th February 2012, 12:43 PM
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Barking
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I have all the hong long legends releases mate what ones you after and what are you looking at paying for them as I don't mind selling of its worth it thanks
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 5th February 2012, 12:46 PM
DeadAlive's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Default

Definitrly no English subs on the HK version. Shame really as having both versions togther would be great.
__________________
“Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.”

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 7th February 2012, 11:38 AM
BioZombie's Avatar
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Preston
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Went to visit my GF over the weekend and she had found 3 HKL DVDs that I don't have, at the bargain price £2 for the lot. It was at CEX I think. Now I have 2000AD, Purple Storm and Heromakers to add to my collection (54 HKL DVD's & rising!). I already had Heromakers on the Red Wolf bonus disk, but its good to have the individual release too.

Spotted Better Tomorrow II in CEX today, but £10 was a bit steep for me.
Stephen@Cult Labs and bdc like this.
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 7th February 2012, 03:20 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Went to visit my GF over the weekend and she had found 3 HKL DVDs that I don't have, at the bargain price £2 for the lot. It was at CEX I think. Now I have 2000AD, Purple Storm and Heromakers to add to my collection (54 HKL DVD's & rising!). I already had Heromakers on the Red Wolf bonus disk, but its good to have the individual release too.

Spotted Better Tomorrow II in CEX today, but £10 was a bit steep for me.
A bargain for £2. I really enjoyed 2000AD and Purple Storm.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.