Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2010, 10:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
It's been said that Van Damme turened down a part in The Expendables to make Universal Soldier: Regeneration

JCVD is unlike any other film he's made. Basically he plays a version of himself. His career is in terrible shape (Steven Seagal steals his roles!), he's fighting for custody of his child and gets caught up in a hostage situation in a post office. The police believe he's involved, and he sees an opportunity to try and become a "real life" hero. The standout moment in the film as you've probably heard is Van Damme's 6 minute monologue to camera where he basically pours his heart out about his career decline, failed marriages and his drug problems. I'd recommend the film for everyone and not just die hard Van Damme fans.
Hey, thanks for the write-up on JCVD! You've given me a good idea of what to expect. I'm more interested in seeing this film now. Sounds pretty good to be honest. Cheers.
Old 11th September 2010, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i really enjoyed JCVD, it is completely different to your usual Van Dammn Film. The film goes to show that the man can actually act and as Stevoj pointed out the monologue is the standout moment. some of his last few films have been excellent and have allowed him to act more....

Wake Of Death
Until Death
Old 11th September 2010, 03:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i really enjoyed JCVD, it is completely different to your usual Van Dammn Film. The film goes to show that the man can actually act and as Stevoj pointed out the monologue is the standout moment. some of his last few films have been excellent and have allowed him to act more....

Wake Of Death
Until Death
I really enjoyed both of those, especially Wake Of Death. Nice to see Simon Yam alongside Van Damme.
Old 12th September 2010, 08:21 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I bought TANGO AND CASH and THE ROCK on BR the other day,so I'll be having an action double bill this afternoon.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th September 2010, 12:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
I bought TANGO AND CASH and THE ROCK on BR the other day,so I'll be having an action double bill this afternoon.
Just watch that you don't get FUBAR watching Tango & Cash A double bill Of my recently arrived Under Siege 1 and 2 BD's for me today.
Old 7th November 2010, 11:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched The Tournament last night and absolutely loved it, no C.G.I, brilliant stunt work, very well choreographed action and a very hot Kelly Hu and its set in Middlesborough....it's also very very gory
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
watched The Tournament last night and absolutely loved it, no C.G.I, brilliant stunt work, very well choreographed action and a very hot Kelly Hu and its set in Middlesborough....it's also very very gory
Been wanting to check this one out for a while pedro. Does anyone know if the UK blu is any good?

Had a Van Damme double bill the other day JVCD & Maximum Risk (guilty pleasure), both on Blu-ray. Excellent!

I also took wander into the new discount cd/dvd store that's just opened in my town , called That's Entertainment, before the New Year looking for an action fix.

They had 3 for £5 dvd offers so I bought a bunch of Fight Factory dvd's:

The Order (Van Damme)
Shadowman (Seagal)
The Art of War 2 - Betrayal (Snipes)
Consipiracy (Kilmer)
The Defender (Lundgren)
Walking Tall - Lone Justice (Sorbo)
Out for a Kill/Black Dawn - double pack (Seagal)

& to make it up to £15:

The Keeper (Seagal) & When Eight Bells Toll (Anthony Hopkins)

I'm sure some of them will be pretty dire, but hey I'll give anything a chance. If there truly terrible I can always sell them on

You make it easy.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

The other night I watched 'Conspiracy' and 'Missionary Man' back to back; superficially the stories where almost identical, but Missionary Man added a more interesting, supernatural 'Pale Rider' twist to it - and Dolph Lundgren was excellent (I didn't think that Val Kilmer pulled of the 'avenging angel' bit very well in Conspiracy, if I'm honest).
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:10 AM
Cultist

Location: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullsdirect/120011381348699
Default Men Of War

Just watched this old favourite again, Anchor Bay uncut, and it is still Dolph's best film. Surprising this hasn't been on Channel 5's late night selection! Far better than the endless Seagal stuff they seem to buy in bulk.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wanted
Action USA ,This totally needs a DVD release

Like this? Share it using the links below!