Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2010, 01:42 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinhead0303 View Post
I'll probably still pick these up eventually, second hand, but it's still first day sales they're losing and really they should be concerned. It'd be interesting to know the sales numbers for all these releases if there's anyone that can find that out.
They should be concerned? I doubt that. Maybe if the release, and past releases looked awful they'd have cause for concern, but they really don't. The quibbles here seem arguable, especially based on those screen caps where to these eyes the Arrow one is by far the best of them.

I'd imagine like me 99% of people who buy it will be more than happy with it.
Old 18th December 2010, 01:49 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
They should be concerned? I doubt that. Maybe if the release, and past releases looked awful they'd have cause for concern, but they really don't.

I'd imagine like me 99% of people who buy it will be more than happy with it.

And the people like you who'd buy it anyway, in this case even if it was done the way I'd have liked it, the way it should've looked, aren't relevant because they'd buy it anyway so are inconsequential. It's the people like me who'll look at something first before buying who make the difference to sales.

And considering I know 5 people personally (plus a couple on here) who were going to buy this but aren't now, if that's replicated nationwide (not to mention further afield) then that's an awful lot of sales lost. So it's easy for you to come on here and say that, but if Arrow have any business sense, especially in these harsh economic times, then yes, they should not only be concerned, they should be very worried.
Old 18th December 2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
And the people like you who'd buy it anyway, in this case even if it was done the way I'd have liked it, the way it should've looked, aren't relevant because they'd buy it anyway so are inconsequential. It's the people like me who'll look at something first before buying who make the difference to sales.

And considering I know 5 people personally (plus a couple on here) who were going to buy this but aren't now, if that's replicated nationwide (not to mention further afield) then that's an awful lot of sales lost. So it's easy for you to come on here and say that, but if Arrow have any business sense, especially in these harsh economic times, then yes, they should not only be concerned, they should be very worried.
I like how my opinion is written off as inconsequential because I'd buy it anyway when you really know nothing about me. That's simply not the case. There are now three Arrow releases that I haven't bought because they don't interest me, and if there was a release that I genuinley thought they'd done a bad job on I wouldn't buy that either, but this isn't one of them, because they haven't.
Old 18th December 2010, 02:02 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
I like how my opinion is written off as inconsequential because I'd buy it anyway when you really know nothing about me. That's simply not the case. There are now three Arrow releases that I haven't bought because they don't interest me, and if there was a release that I genuinley thought they'd done a bad job on I wouldn't buy that either, but this isn't one of them.

The ones you haven't bought don't interest you, the ones you have (including this one, which is the point) you'd have bought no matter how it looked. You're trying to argue but are actually proving my point.

Bottom line is that in the business of sales, any sale lost is a cause for concern and Arrow could easily have lost hundreds, if not thousands of sales because they messed this release up. Even if there are only 100 people (although I'd imagine there are far more) who think like I do and know the same amount of people I do who won't now buy this release then that's 600 lost sales and that ought to be a concern to any sales company.

If you're happy with your purchase then I'm happy for you, enjoy it.
Old 18th December 2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
The ones you haven't bought don't interest you, the ones you have (including this one, which is the point) you'd have bought no matter how it looked.
Erm, no I wouldn't. Like I said, if I genuinley thought Arrow did a bad job on a release I wouldn't buy it. Please stop supposing you know what I would and wouldn't buy, especially when I've told you otherwise.

Quote:
You're trying to argue but are actually proving my point.
I'm not trying to argue, and if you read what I said I'm certainly not proving your point. I was entering into a discussion where I had my opinion written off as irrelevant.

Quote:
Bottom line is that in the business of sales, any sale lost is a cause for concern and Arrow could easily have lost hundreds, if not thousands of sales because they messed this release up. Even if there are only 100 people (although I'd imagine there are far more) who think like I do and know the same amount of people I do who won't now buy this release then that's 600 lost sales and that ought to be a concern to any sales company.
Sure, sales matter, but saying they messed this release up is so overstating what is an arguable quibble that only the minority seem to share. They'll never please everybody, that's just a fact of life.

Quote:
If you're happy with your purchase then I'm happy for you, enjoy it.
Thank you, I will.
Old 18th December 2010, 02:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As the old saying goes, you can please most of the people, most of the time, some of the people, some of the time, but none of the people all of the time.

For whatever reasons, you're never going to get everyone buying a release, whether it's because they don't like the artwork, packaging type (hell, I've passed up on quality releases because I don't like digipaks and those digibooks), picture or audio quality (Grindhouse anyone?).Yes I'm sure Arrow are concerned about sales, just like any other company and if people don't want to buy their releases becuse any aspect of the disc doesn't meet their expectations then that's their right as consumers, and if they do, then that's equally fair enough. But lets keep the coversation friendly (as it is at the moment). These things can easily escalate.
Old 18th December 2010, 02:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've got my copy, but it's wrapped up under the Christmas tree!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 18th December 2010, 04:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive in the post from HMV (some luck!). One thing I can say is that I won't be moaning that the colour is a little off from the original negative say. I certainly don't see any problem with the Suspiria BD ... to me it is simply sumptuous! I have better things to do than moan about minor issues like this ... I just wanna enjoy the movie ... as per most on here!
Old 18th December 2010, 04:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika View Post
My money's saved too and also very disappointed. It's a title I truly want on Blu-ray but not like this. After Inferno was such a bust and this one as well all my hope for Deep Red has faded too.
Inferno a bust???

Why do you say Inferno was a bust when is the best version out there?
Many people have said the colors on this version are the correct ones.
Great image and great extras...

A bust??? MY GOD
Old 18th December 2010, 04:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Every time a release is not good to someone, that person tells that Arrow messed up the release in question.

That´s wrong, personal tastes shouldn´t be mixed.

This release has different colors, right, but you can´t say that Arrow messed this up...
I like it the way is... and like me many user like this two...

And don´t say that I will buy everything from Arrow because that´s not true...

Like this? Share it using the links below!