Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
So i put it to you lads what do Arrow do, and at what cost?
Simple. As has been said earlier on this thread.

Freepost address. Send in faulty disc, get back good one. Little chance of the forged receipts debacle from "The Beyond".

They already have the discs (They've said the error has been corrected and they're ready to go), so just an extra bit of post shuffling.

Old 8th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
What The Blob said basically; replace discs when we've sent ours in to them first.
Paul there is never going to be an easy answer on this one mate, but i do not want to see them go under and for that i will support them 100%.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Was that claim not misleading people though?
Like the Original Universum aspect ratio for Bird With The Crystal Plumage? You really are stretching it in your defence for Arrow, sorry.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Yeah, masters and PQ issues are subject to interpretation. In the past Arrow have made three significant disc/authoring errors (no Italian audio on The Card Player unlike it was advertised, The Beyond intro and The House by the Cemetery extras disc being missing) and in each of these cases they've resolved it with a replacement scheme. It's Arrow's responsibility to ensure the replacement scheme's don't get abuse,d it's not the consumer's responsibility to fork out more money to get a product they already thought they had
Old 8th January 2013, 09:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Yeah, masters and PQ issues are subject to interpretation. In the past Arrow have made three significant disc/authoring errors (no Italian audio on The Card Player unlike it was advertised, The Beyond intro and The House by the Cemetery extras disc being missing) and in each of these cases they've resolved it with a replacement scheme. It's Arrow's responsibility to ensure the replacement scheme's don't get abuse,d it's not the consumer's responsibility to fork out more money to get a product they already thought they had
And let's not also forget the synching issues with Martin that they initially tried to cheap out by sending out replacement DVD-R's!!!

The Beyond also took them an age to acknowledge. HBTC they had no choice as it was the wrong disc. Let's face it, in general getting them to run a proper replacement programme for anything has been like getting blood out of a stone.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Freepost address. Send in faulty disc, get back good one.
Agree, this is what Arrow should be doing.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Was that claim not misleading people though?
Not as misleading as putting STRONG UNCUT VERSION all over the packaging
Hugh likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th January 2013, 09:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
OK this is going to get me flamed i know...........i have just pre ordered the replacement for £5. The reason i am going to give is this, i think IMHO that Arrow might be struggling and basically can not afford to replace these discs without them getting in real financial trouble and at the cost of jobs and one of the last great indi labels if this spreads further. Just my opinion but i am going to support them as i love film of this type and i would hate to loose it.

As i say this is IMHO.
Well done sir. Bit of perspective.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict

But if you scroll through the comments in response to their announcement on facebook you'll come across dozens of folk who couldnt care less about the six seconds and are being quite verbal on their opinion of anyone who does. There's one guy who goes on about how pathetic it is before mentioning that he's got the dvd anyway so it doesn't matter. So other berk who is happy wih everyone of arrows releases including The Beyond which he apparently couldn't be bothered to get exchanged because it was no biggy. I ask you.
robertzombie likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
But if you scroll through the comments in response to their announcement on facebook you'll come across dozens of folk who couldnt care less about the six seconds and are being quite verbal on their opinion of anyone who does. There's one guy who goes on about how pathetic it is before mentioning that he's got the dvd anyway so it doesn't matter. So other berk who is happy wih everyone of arrows releases including The Beyond which he apparently couldn't be bothered to get exchanged because it was no biggy. I ask you.
I stopped reading them after I read that Beyond comment
robertzombie likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!