All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2501Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2014, 09:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
A few years ago, I read 'On The Road With The Ramones', written by their tour manager Monte Melnick - On the Road with The Ramones revised edition paperback: Amazon.co.uk: Monte A. Melnick, Frank Meyer: Books

Must admit that I really do not remember much about the book, but I haven't binned it yet, so it must have something!
The MM book is another trove of anecdotes imo. Dig it out S!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th November 2014, 09:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rereading the Penguin Interzone paperback. You can see him getting towards Naked Lunch as the pieces get more, well mugwumpy towards the end harumph....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Reading the collection The Hounds Of Tindalos by Frank Bellknap Long.

Fisher Price Lovecraft is the best way to describe his style cough. Includes The Space-eaters in which Frank and Howard take on alien scum.
Not nearly as much fun as The House On The Borderland.

nice US paperback though....

[B]
Old 25th December 2014, 09:35 AM
Cult Addict

Others by James Herbert.
keirarts likes this.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I started reading the Hobbit again, for the first time in about 25 years, on Monday after seeing the final film in the trilogy. With it being such a short book (certainly not 3 films worth!), I read that in a few hours so I've started on the sequel, again for the first time since I was at school. With it being over 1000 pages long, I think it will take a few days longer than the Hobbit!

Also finally finished Stephen King's Shining sequel; Dr Sleep recently, hard work really, not as gripping as his other works IMO. It's nice to be able to read for pleasure again, instead of books relating to my degree!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I started reading the Hobbit again, for the first time in about 25 years, on Monday after seeing the final film in the trilogy. With it being such a short book (certainly not 3 films worth!), I read that in a few hours so I've started on the sequel, again for the first time since I was at school. With it being over 1000 pages long, I think it will take a few days longer than the Hobbit!

Also finally finished Stephen King's Shining sequel; Dr Sleep recently, hard work really, not as gripping as his other works IMO. It's nice to be able to read for pleasure again, instead of books relating to my degree!
I felt the same about Dr sleep, revival is a lot better
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I felt the same about Dr sleep, revival is a lot better
I haven't got that or Mr Mercedes yet, but they're on my wishlist
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:30 PM
Cult Addict

Ozark Magic and Folklore by Vance Randolph. Kind of a hillbilly guide to life from the 1920s and before.

Serving the Spirits. A look at the religious aspects of Vodou from a white American convert.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's a shame clive barker doesn't have the same output as king, seems like I have been waiting forever for the scarlet gospels. At least it's out this year, may 19th just have a feeling it will not live up to my expectations
Rik and keirarts like this.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
It's a shame clive barker doesn't have the same output as king, seems like I have been waiting forever for the scarlet gospels
Yeah, can't wait to finally get it in June, I've been waiting over 10 years for him to finish it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!