Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2008, 12:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Does anyone know if the Redemption UK disc of Marqius De Sade Justine is cut?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 5th December 2008, 04:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think it's uncut. DVD Delirium states that it is the longest English language version available.
Old 5th December 2008, 04:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Well, it's official: The FSK approved sellthrough version of "Chaos" will only run 61 (!!!) mins and the amount of cuts to the (slightly?) longer rental version (with the "SPIO/JK" seal....complicated system, but Germany's youth has to be protected) hasn't been announced yet, apart from the fact that it IS ALSO CUT.
It will be interesting to know what the cuts are.
Old 6th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I can see Punisher-War Zone suffering more cuts for theatrical release in Germany than Rambo,going on the clip I've posted on the thread about the film.
Old 9th December 2008, 04:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That's very likely indeed, considering that the German censors always have had a huge issue with "vigilante" movies + both previous Punishers having suffered under their scissors before. The Jane version was one of the first movies which had to be cut after the big distributors had aagreed to only screen "FSK approved" movies for the theatrical run. So, while the home entertainment market got (for a short and now passed while) more relaxed, the cinema situation has gotten worse than during the worst 80's "violent movies" witchhunts....
Old 12th December 2008, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I have just noticed that the horsefall's cut from the 2 disc special edition of Sergio Leone's Fistfull of Dynamite are present in the older single disc edition.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 12th December 2008, 12:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
I have just noticed that the horsefall's cut from the 2 disc special edition of Sergio Leone's Fistfull of Dynamite are present in the older single disc edition.
Yes the BBFC cuts to the re-issue are stupid as no deiberate tripping with wires was used from what I can see.However the ground the horses fall on is pretty hard so they could've suffered minor injuries.The BBFC cut a side horsefall from the theatrical/video/dvd versions of Glory (1989) performed by a trained 'stunt horse'.The footage is shown in the documentary on the dvd intact though.
Old 12th December 2008, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

According to the BBFC it was cut to remove dangerous horse falls, although they make no mention of trip wires so that would mean they are aware that wires were not used. I don't know how they got the horses to fall or if it was in fact intentional. The BBFC shouldn't be cutting scenes unless it appeared to be deliberate on the part of the film makers. Of course there must be numerous ways of making a horse fall but if the horse falls forward head first onto hard ground then that seems to be grounds enough, at least in this case, for cuts.
Old 12th December 2008, 08:46 PM
Cultist

Just been working my way through this thread, and wanted to ressurect the subject of Zombie Flesh Eaters as someone stated they would love an uncut UK DVD of this with the UK title "Zombie Flesh-Eaters" on the front.

Well for those with long memories, can anyone remember back in the early-mid 90s, Vipco were re-releasing all their old back catalogue and getting heavily censored by the BBFC, so they started releasing the uncut versions of their films in Denmark. Those who used to attend video fairs during this time may remember seeing stalls selling Vipco videos displaying UK sleeves, but with stickers saying "Strong Uncut Version" stuck in the corner to denote them from their cut English counterparts.

Anyway, in the late 90s when Vipco started to make the move into DVD, as I recall correctly, they released an uncut DVD of Zombie Flesh Eaters in Denmark with the original UK artwork for the sleeve and containing the original theatrcial trailer as an extra.

Sadly though, this was only a limited release as I think they got into rights issues and shortly afterwards they stopped production of their uncut Danish releases.

Wish I could get a copy of this one.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 13th December 2008, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I vividly remember those "Strong Uncut Version" VHS tapes from the Danish VIPCO as they were also sold in some shops in Germany.
I still hold on to my "SUV" tape of "Night of the Demon"- in absence of any usable DVD....
Their best reelase was probably the Widescreen ZFE in its uncut glory.
Those VHS cassetes weren't exactly the cheapest...but at least they didn't have any Danish/Dutch/Japanese subs....which was good enough back in those days.

Like this? Share it using the links below!