Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2013, 04:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I love blood and guts in horror i don't deny it but it has to mean something. Constant gore gets as boring as any other genre in horror.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 8th September 2013, 04:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood bored me to death. Didn't find the content that hard to stomach and I forgot most of it the next day. The only time I ever think about it is when I see Charlie Sheen (he actually thought it was real)
Old 8th September 2013, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I love blood and guts in horror i don't deny it but it has to mean something. Constant gore gets as boring as any other genre in horror.
Yeah, me too but I have a threshold and Grotesque certainly passed that, the torture was extremely convincing, I'm not surprised it's banned in the UK
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th September 2013, 04:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd rather watch Fulci than any of that dross.
You can add Murder Set Pieces to that list as well.
Demoncrat and ArgentoFan1987 like this.
Old 8th September 2013, 05:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
I'd rather watch Fulci than any of that dross.
You can add Murder Set Pieces to that list as well.
I hear you, but regarding that list I do think the Nekromantik films stand out. I believe them to be genuinely transgressive, interesting low budget films. I'm a big fan of Jorg Buttgereit and also love Der Todesking and Schramm too.

But I have no time for the August Underground films or Murder Set Pieces - they're just tedious, talentless dross if you ask me. I also found Gutterballs irritating.
Old 9th September 2013, 12:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Are the AU films that bad?

I haven't seen any of them, nor Grotesque or the Guinea Pig series.
If watching really bad acting and genital torture is your thing...then I wholeheartedly recommned Mordum. Otherwise.............Vogel may have had his reasons to make these, but so many?? Meir Zarchi only needed one film to put his point across etc. As most of you know I found Nekromantik to be sweet and quite romantic...but the animal cruelty will ensure that it will never grace these shores intact. Ho hum. Thank cthulhu for the internet...one click away from all kinds of filth.

Green Street?? Come on, not only does it feature the WORST cockernee accent since Mary Poppins...it has the Hobbit trying to "act hard".

And the last film that influenced me was probably Toy Story 3. I now cry buckets every time I throw someone into a furnace...and I never did that before....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th September 2013, 11:53 AM
Cult Rookie

It's fun to look back on old BBFC cuts. Some of them are genuinely bizarre.

I've posted several hundred of these on Facebook, including around 40 which I've received from them over the past month or so. Namely Endless Love, Penitentiary II, Behind Convent Walls, Street Killers (aka Violent Rome), Demme's Fighting Mad, The Sicilian Cross, Sexorcist (aka Enter The Devil), Blood Harvest (the Tiny Tim film which was heavily cut), Windows, Beyond Atlantis, Slugs, Thunder And Lightning etc. The cuts list to Captain Lust And The Pirate Women is absolutely huge and pretty funny.

Also managed to acquire the extremely detailed 1962 cuts list to Lawrence Of Arabia (via a complete fluke from a former BBFC examiner), which had previously been considered lost. I've posted these on Facebook too.

Thankfully the BBFC have come along in leaps and bounds since then.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Last edited by vincenzo2; 28th September 2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 27th September 2013, 06:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah they have.
No more living in the dark ages.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th September 2013, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah they have.
No more living in the dark ages.
Ahh... The Ferman era (shivers). Thankfully, that was before my time and it has gotten better these days... But the whole thing with ISOYG 2 is still on my mind.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:25 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've always wanted to see Murder Set Pieces but there are that many editions out there claiming to be uncut

Like this? Share it using the links below!