Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Downloaded DEADRISING: CASE ZERO the other night, off xbox live. The game costs 400 microsoft points to download. This game is kind of a "Welcome to Deadrising 2" sort of thing. It's self contained, which means you don't have to play this prologue before DR 2 comes out. It doesn't really matter, if you don't get to play this instalment or not. (Playstation owners).
It's more or less designed to get more new players onto the DR 2 band wagon . It's an introduction to the world of DEADRISING 2, in a way. So don't worry if you don't get to play this, cos it may come as part of a game of the year edition in the future, if your lucky. Graphically, the game is really bright, and colourful, and controls fairly well.
The basic plot consists of the main character Chuck, and his young daughter Katie, getting stranded in a small town, 47 miles from Las Vegas. The town is chock full of zombies, and Chuck needs to find some ZOMBRAX to inject into his daughter (a short term solution to prevent becoming a zombie). And Chuck also needs to find parts for a motorbike that will be used for them to escape from the town on...
The game is caked in blood and gore, with many weapons of choice available. If your a big fan of the original game, and if your a completist, check this out. It's a fun little game, but that said, I'm in no rush to buy a copy of DEADRISING 2. Check it out for yourselves.
Update: Got to mention that the Chuck character that you play as in DEADRISING 2: CASE ZERO, carries over into the DEADRISING 2 game proper.
Which means that your CASE ZERO stats, points, health, weapons etc, carry over into DEADRISING 2, the full game. Your Chuck character should then have a level-up advantage, when you begin playing the main game. Looked this up earlier on for you. The game seems like a riot, worth checking out.
Old 11th September 2010, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats sorted mate, theres one available for me if I want it.

You are right though, the Halo Reach consoles are limited, so if anyone wants one then pre order ASAP.
Old 11th September 2010, 03:16 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that, I would have been devastated if that happened to me. Sensitive things, computers. Good luck with the new set-up, anyway.
I'm interested in starting to play those WORLD OF WARCRAFT games, thats if their available for the MAC. Can imagine getting hooked on that game pretty quickly.
Haven't played those two games you mention here. Maybe I'll get back to you on those in the the future maybe.
Thanks for the luck, the MAC does have WOW available for it along with all the expansion packs and is very addictive, I haven't played them myself as I'm not into the 'historical type' RPG, I'm more into the sci-fi star trek type.

I have heard talk that there are MMORPG versions of Star Trek and WH40K either in development or near release which I would be very interested in looking at.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 11th September 2010, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
Thanks for the luck, the MAC does have WOW available for it along with all the expansion packs and is very addictive, I haven't played them myself as I'm not into the 'historical type' RPG, I'm more into the sci-fi star trek type.

I have heard talk that there are MMORPG versions of Star Trek and WH40K either in development or near release which I would be very interested in looking at.
Hi, good to hear from you, Tell me about WOW if you could? I haven't heard of it. And that STAR TREK game you mention too. Sounds interesting.
I'm not very knowledgeable at all when it comes to games and hardware for the PC and MAC. Whatever you've got to share on these things will be appreciated...
Old 11th September 2010, 08:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thats sorted mate, theres one available for me if I want it.

You are right though, the Halo Reach consoles are limited, so if anyone wants one then pre order ASAP.
Hi Vipco. Well, thought I'd mention the REACH console for you, as there is just a few days left to pre-order these things. You seemed really interested in one, didn't want you miss out on one if you were still interested in buying one.
GAME is apparently opening their stores at midnight on monday, especially for the release of REACH. Wonder how many will show up at my local GAME. Be interesting to see...Blood started to boil last night Vipco, was playing HALO 3: TEAM SLAYER online. I was in the blue team vs the red team. Anyway, the match began, and one of my team mates jumped into the drivers seat of a warthog jeep. I jumped on the back to man the mounted heavy gun. Then all of a sudden, another one of my team mates, shoots me in the back and kills me! Just so that HE could man the cannon on the back of the jeep! This guy was a real piece of work, a total lump of s**t, thats for sure. I then spent the rest of the match, killing this one team mate of mine, over and over again. He eventually told me to "suck his d**k", through my headset, shortly before the network offered him the opportunity to boot ME out of the match, on charges of betrayal. I didn't know this guy personally, he sounded American...I know at the end of the day, it is only a game, but what sort of idiot are we dealing with here. This guy was really aggressive sounding too. No wonder the worlds in a mess, cos theres too many people like HIM in it I'm afraid.....You may enjoy DEADRISING 2 Vipco, seems like good fun that one. Got to go and cool off for a bit now, will post you again tomorrow. Cheers.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I decided to pass on the Reach 360 Console Mahoney. My wife said to me to think first and remember why I gave my last 360 away after only a few months and sold the one before that after only 4 months for 50 quid with extras , so im not gonna bother now as I know it too would be gone in a few months as well.
Old 12th September 2010, 02:15 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Hi, good to hear from you, Tell me about WOW if you could? I haven't heard of it. And that STAR TREK game you mention too. Sounds interesting.
I'm not very knowledgeable at all when it comes to games and hardware for the PC and MAC. Whatever you've got to share on these things will be appreciated...
Sorry should have put W.o.W. for world of warcraft not WOW!

From what I understand the Star Trek game is much the same as Star Wars Galaxies in that you can travel the galaxy doing 'quests' in this case 'away missions' and the usual things that appear on Star Trek. As I say I don't know too much myself but from what I've heard on other forums is that people like the idea of the game but are unsure how it will work if everyone wants to pilot the ship of if you want to act as a loan player.

As for the hardware for the Pc's and MAC's I myself use something like 'Computer Shopper' magazine for a guide as to what to buy and talk to the people in the shop for what will work with what - just one word of warning - don't go in PC World, in my experience they are crap. Everytime I have gone in there, they were more interested in selling me the extended warrenty on the item. I even asked questions to which I knew there was no answer or what the equipment was capable of and got the reply "Yes it will do that - if you have the warrenty or extended warrenty just bring it in and we will sort it for you."

"Really - I can really put a 286 processor from the early 90's into one of todays motherboards and expect it to work!!!" Somehow - I don't think so!

If you want a go at building a PC it is quite simple. There is also a good 'Haynes' manual that talks the reader through how to build one. I have built a couple of PC's that have given me the same performance as one at twice the price I paid for the components combined. The only downside is you are your own computer tech so if you do get into difficulty you either have to pay someone to sort it out, or cast about on the web for an answer. So if your not sure of the problem in the first place it can cause you to spend a lot of needless time, effort and more money on the problem.

As for the games they are pretty much like the consols now that the PS3 and XB360 has the download facility, but some of the games for the PC still include the Software Developers Kit (SDK) for the game, so if the game becomes very popular like Doom or WH40K Dawn of War, the players can create their own maps and paint set ups for charactures and veichles using the SDK which can then be share out on forums and the like.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 12th September 2010, 05:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I decided to pass on the Reach 360 Console Mahoney. My wife said to me to think first and remember why I gave my last 360 away after only a few months and sold the one before that after only 4 months for 50 quid with extras , so im not gonna bother now as I know it too would be gone in a few months as well.
Sounds like you made the right choice to me Vipco, £250 is a lot of money, when you've already got a bunch of other current consoles. (PS3, Wii, etc). You're Wife sounds switched on, she's making a lot of sense I think...
But buying consoles, then selling em' down the river after a very short time, strikes me as a little odd. Personally, I'm really happy with my xbox, no real problems to report, although I heard reports that there were a lot of issues with the system in the first couple of years.
Old 12th September 2010, 05:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
Sorry should have put W.o.W. for world of warcraft not WOW!

From what I understand the Star Trek game is much the same as Star Wars Galaxies in that you can travel the galaxy doing 'quests' in this case 'away missions' and the usual things that appear on Star Trek. As I say I don't know too much myself but from what I've heard on other forums is that people like the idea of the game but are unsure how it will work if everyone wants to pilot the ship of if you want to act as a loan player.

As for the hardware for the Pc's and MAC's I myself use something like 'Computer Shopper' magazine for a guide as to what to buy and talk to the people in the shop for what will work with what - just one word of warning - don't go in PC World, in my experience they are crap. Everytime I have gone in there, they were more interested in selling me the extended warrenty on the item. I even asked questions to which I knew there was no answer or what the equipment was capable of and got the reply "Yes it will do that - if you have the warrenty or extended warrenty just bring it in and we will sort it for you."

"Really - I can really put a 286 processor from the early 90's into one of todays motherboards and expect it to work!!!" Somehow - I don't think so!

If you want a go at building a PC it is quite simple. There is also a good 'Haynes' manual that talks the reader through how to build one. I have built a couple of PC's that have given me the same performance as one at twice the price I paid for the components combined. The only downside is you are your own computer tech so if you do get into difficulty you either have to pay someone to sort it out, or cast about on the web for an answer. So if your not sure of the problem in the first place it can cause you to spend a lot of needless time, effort and more money on the problem.

As for the games they are pretty much like the consols now that the PS3 and XB360 has the download facility, but some of the games for the PC still include the Software Developers Kit (SDK) for the game, so if the game becomes very popular like Doom or WH40K Dawn of War, the players can create their own maps and paint set ups for charactures and veichles using the SDK which can then be share out on forums and the like.
I know exactly where your coming from, when it comes to some of these store workers.
Those ones you mention sound like a real pain in the arse to be honest., These morons will try to sell you absolutely anything, I think in some circumstances, they get extra bucks for selling certain items, like those store cards etc. (Commission).
A guy working at Game, recently tried to convince me to buy TOY STORY 3 for the xbox360, He was really working hard to try and sell it to me too. I weren't having none of it. I basically told him that " When it comes to video games, I want to shoot people, and blow people up like all the other kids. With TOY STORY, I can't do that". Then when he FINALLY finished his sales BLITZ, he finally realised that I weren't buying none of it, he then had this stupid look on his face...the guy was a moron......Plus, why would a grown man want to play a TOY STORY 3 game? Honestly..." Hmmm, I can't decide, shall I buy GTA IV, or TOY STORY 3? Hmmm, I just cant decide." " In TS3, maybe I could go on a chocolate egg hunt or something, Or with GTA IV, I could shag Hookers and kill people."....
that STAR TREK game sounds fun. Hey, if you want to be the captain too, just shoot the other one in the back, thats what they do on HALO 3: team slayer!!!
Old 12th September 2010, 06:45 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
I know exactly where your coming from, when it comes to some of these store workers.
Those ones you mention sound like a real pain in the arse to be honest., These morons will try to sell you absolutely anything, I think in some circumstances, they get extra bucks for selling certain items, like those store cards etc. (Commission).
A guy working at Game, recently tried to convince me to buy TOY STORY 3 for the xbox360, He was really working hard to try and sell it to me too. I weren't having none of it. I basically told him that " When it comes to video games, I want to shoot people, and blow people up like all the other kids. With TOY STORY, I can't do that". Then when he FINALLY finished his sales BLITZ, he finally realised that I weren't buying none of it, he then had this stupid look on his face...the guy was a moron......Plus, why would a grown man want to play a TOY STORY 3 game? Honestly..." Hmmm, I can't decide, shall I buy GTA IV, or TOY STORY 3? Hmmm, I just cant decide." " In TS3, maybe I could go on a chocolate egg hunt or something, Or with GTA IV, I could shag Hookers and kill people."....
that STAR TREK game sounds fun. Hey, if you want to be the captain too, just shoot the other one in the back, thats what they do on HALO 3: team slayer!!!
Yea - I read your post about the warthog incident, I would have done the same as well. Probably with the rocket launcher!

Like this? Share it using the links below!