Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2013, 07:07 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Now using Firefox...both seem to have approx. the same page loading speed,don't know about smoothness in playing flash videos yet...Opera is much slower at loading pages...

Last edited by bdc; 3rd February 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Now using Firefox...both seem to have approx. the same page loading speed,don't know about smoothness in playing playing flash videos yet...Opera is much slower at loading pages...
With regards to Opera, if you tried 'turbo' and it's still slow, you might try 'PortableOpera' for Windows, a smaller faster version(I tried something like that for 'Word/Excel' and it worked okay)
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Strange but true "turbo" makes it even slower it seems,I always disable it.
Something like Opera@usb?
Thanks,I'll have to look into that.
Besides having a great interface (imho),Opera also uses less ram and processor power than the other two...

Btw Chrome seems to play flash videos the smoothest all around (I'd say perfect) but also uses a lot of ram and massive amounts of processor power...
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Btw Chrome seems to play flash videos the smoothest all around (I'd say perfect) but also uses a lot of ram and massive amounts of processor power...
Does that matter?

Is it to be used for fun or for work related things?
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I had alsorts of problems with my laptop freezing, running slow, not starting up, pages taking 5minutes to load etc so i downloaded Advanced system optimizer tried using that but somethings didnt work or wasnt allowed to use certain parts because i didnt have a gen key so tried to delete it it asked why i said to expensive then it said do i want it free, I typed yes then it sent me to loads of things to sign up for eg love films etc i wasnt going to bother to carry on but i did, i signed up to big fish games but i had to buy a game because you are new customer it cost around £1.50 in english money..

I did that then it gave me it for free ive ran all the test it does alsorts removes duplicate files, updates drivers, deletes deleted files still on your computer, optimize etc etc after what seem ages of doing everything my laptop runs almost perfect now still a few minor glitches here and there but nothing realy to complain about maybe some people might want to give this a try and you get a full working registerd optimizer for pratically free...
Old 4th February 2013, 12:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Yes its happening here too. The word purchase in the title of the what films have you purchased thread is one of them.
It's called Yontoo Layers. Go into Control Panel and uninstall programs and look for Yontoo and uninstall it. That's what I did and it worked a treat.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:20 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Does that matter?

Is it to be used for fun or for work related things?
Fun of course.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I had alsorts of problems with my laptop freezing, running slow, not starting up, pages taking 5minutes to load etc so i downloaded Advanced system optimizer tried using that but somethings didnt work or wasnt allowed to use certain parts because i didnt have a gen key so tried to delete it it asked why i said to expensive then it said do i want it free, I typed yes then it sent me to loads of things to sign up for eg love films etc i wasnt going to bother to carry on but i did, i signed up to big fish games but i had to buy a game because you are new customer it cost around £1.50 in english money..

I did that then it gave me it for free ive ran all the test it does alsorts removes duplicate files, updates drivers, deletes deleted files still on your computer, optimize etc etc after what seem ages of doing everything my laptop runs almost perfect now still a few minor glitches here and there but nothing realy to complain about maybe some people might want to give this a try and you get a full working registerd optimizer for pratically free...
Well after going all that I'm glad it at least sorted things out.
I've only used Advanced System Care myself (free version).
It's pretty good (if used wisely).
Old 5th February 2013, 07:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looking for recommendations for a replacement of my hard drive:
Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Perpendicular Recording Hard Drive: Electronics

I'm considering only "normal" hard drives,no ssd's as they're too expensive for an old system like mine imo.

Size should be equal or more since I want to clone it's contents.
I only have Sata 2 connectors btw.

Thanks for any help.

Btw not certain I would want to replace it with another Seagate drive.
Old 5th February 2013, 08:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Looking for recommendations for a replacement of my hard drive:
Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda ST3250820AS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Perpendicular Recording Hard Drive: Electronics

I'm considering only "normal" hard drives,no ssd's as they're too expensive for an old system like mine imo.

Size should be equal or more since I want to clone it's contents.
I only have Sata 2 connectors btw.

Thanks for any help.

Btw not certain I would want to replace it with another Seagate drive.
I'd recommend a Samsung hard drive; they're pretty reliable.
Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Pick either a Samsung Spinpoint F1 or an F3 - avoid F2 and / or "Eco" at all costs.

Greetings!
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!