Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2012, 06:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

...Anyway, pants aside, I've re-ordered some Blus from DVDWorldUSA last night that I had previously ordered from Axel before they went belly up:

bdc, Gojirosan, Demoncrat and 5 others like this.
Old 26th June 2012, 07:19 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
...Anyway, pants aside
Ooo-er! That sounds a bit rude!!

Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread

Curse you, charity shops in Reading (again). Yesterday, I came home with the following:

'Day of the Dead' - 2008 version - £2.00. [Yes, I know it's awful, but I thought I should replace my downloaded copy!]
'District 13' - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film, but my landlady's son was asking if I had a copy, so I really got it for him]
'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' - 2 disc version - £2.50. [It's supposed to be good, bad and weird!]
'Hatchet' - £2.00. [Thoroughly enjoyed part 2, so I'm hoping this is just as entertaining]
'King of New York' - original "pre-white cover Arrow version" - £1.50. [Only really got it because it's an Arrow release]
'Satan' (aka 'Sheitan') - 2 disc version - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film either, but the synopsis looked entertaining. However, a quick view of the trailer suggests that it might end up back at the charity shops after I have watched it!]
'A Serbian Film' - £2.00. [I just want to know what all the controversy is about]
'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same' - 2 disc version - £4.99. [I already have the single disc edition, but what kind of rocker would I be if I turned down the chance to get the special edition?]
'WWE Survivor Series 2005' - £2.00. [18 certificate. Ric Flair vs. HHH in a 'last man standing' match. The blood WILL flow!]
bdc, PaulD and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th June 2012, 07:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Ooo-er! That sounds a bit rude!!

Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread

Curse you, charity shops in Reading (again). Yesterday, I came home with the following:

'Day of the Dead' - 2008 version - £2.00. [Yes, I know it's awful, but I thought I should replace my downloaded copy!]
'District 13' - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film, but my landlady's son was asking if I had a copy, so I really got it for him]
'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' - 2 disc version - £2.50. [It's supposed to be good, bad and weird!]
'Hatchet' - £2.00. [Thoroughly enjoyed part 2, so I'm hoping this is just as entertaining]
'King of New York' - original "pre-white cover Arrow version" - £1.50. [Only really got it because it's an Arrow release]
'Satan' (aka 'Sheitan') - 2 disc version - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film either, but the synopsis looked entertaining. However, a quick view of the trailer suggests that it might end up back at the charity shops after I have watched it!]
'A Serbian Film' - £2.00. [I just want to know what all the controversy is about]
'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same' - 2 disc version - £4.99. [I already have the single disc edition, but what kind of rocker would I be if I turned down the chance to get the special edition?]
'WWE Survivor Series 2005' - £2.00. [18 certificate. Ric Flair vs. HHH in a 'last man standing' match. The blood WILL flow!]

I'm one of the few people in existence that actually likes the Day of the dead remake. In fairness it bares no resembelance to the romero film whatsoever and plays more like an incredibly cheesy straight-to-dvd zombie film. Personally I find it a lot of fun.

I also thought satan was good as well, vincent cassell is totally nuts and over the top through the movie. It's very strange but thats why I liked it!
Old 26th June 2012, 08:17 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
It's the same as LP's, even if the artwork is crap, they just look so much nicer than dvds and blu-rays.
Amen to that!
Old 26th June 2012, 09:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:

Curse you, charity shops in Reading (again)

'Day of the Dead
'District 13'
'The Good, The Bad, The Weird'
'Hatchet'
'King of New York
'Satan'
'A Serbian Film'
Blimey! That's a cool batch of charity shops Did the granny at the checkout bat an eyelid ("ooh A Serbian Film, good choice dearie") . . . ?
Old 26th June 2012, 10:11 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Blimey! That's a cool batch of charity shops Did the granny at the checkout bat an eyelid ("ooh A Serbian Film, good choice dearie") . . . ?
Honestly. quote/unquote

Sales assistant: "Oh, is that about the country? Are you going there for a holiday, my dear?"

Me: "Um...Possibly!"

I was just waiting for her to say she couldn't sell it to me because it doesn't have a safety mark on it [copyright 'The League of Gentlemen']
it'smebilly likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th June 2012, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Honestly. quote/unquote

Sales assistant: "Oh, is that about the country? Are you going there for a holiday, my dear?"

I was just waiting for her to say she couldn't sell it to me because it doesn't have a safety mark on it [copyright 'The League of Gentlemen']
Pity you won't "see what all the controversy is about" then as i take it it's the UK dvd?

AAAnyway......my lovely copy of Attack Of The Herbals came today so review will be up shortly!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2012, 11:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm one of the few people in existence that actually likes the Day of the dead remake. In fairness it bares no resembelance to the romero film whatsoever and plays more like an incredibly cheesy straight-to-dvd zombie film. Personally I find it a lot of fun.
Me too. I liked it far, far, far more than the Dawn Of The Dead remake. Which I did not like at all.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Ex-member

[QUOTE=suziginajackson;253262]Honestly. quote/unquote

What charity shop did you get A SERBIAN FILM in?
I presume it wasn't an NSPCC shop?
Old 26th June 2012, 02:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's very common throughout Lancashire and Yorkshire to call trousers pants. I'm not saying that everyone who lives in Northern England calls them pants, though.

I'm living in 'pants' country at the moment, and I take extra care to call them trousers at every available opportunity.
I call them pants, but my Faust from MOC came today

Like this? Share it using the links below!