Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2012, 04:39 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Ooo-er! That sounds a bit rude!!

Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread

Curse you, charity shops in Reading (again). Yesterday, I came home with the following:

'Day of the Dead' - 2008 version - £2.00. [Yes, I know it's awful, but I thought I should replace my downloaded copy!]
'District 13' - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film, but my landlady's son was asking if I had a copy, so I really got it for him]
'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' - 2 disc version - £2.50. [It's supposed to be good, bad and weird!]
'Hatchet' - £2.00. [Thoroughly enjoyed part 2, so I'm hoping this is just as entertaining]
'King of New York' - original "pre-white cover Arrow version" - £1.50. [Only really got it because it's an Arrow release]
'Satan' (aka 'Sheitan') - 2 disc version - £2.00. [I know nothing about this film either, but the synopsis looked entertaining. However, a quick view of the trailer suggests that it might end up back at the charity shops after I have watched it!]
'A Serbian Film' - £2.00. [I just want to know what all the controversy is about]
'Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains The Same' - 2 disc version - £4.99. [I already have the single disc edition, but what kind of rocker would I be if I turned down the chance to get the special edition?]
'WWE Survivor Series 2005' - £2.00. [18 certificate. Ric Flair vs. HHH in a 'last man standing' match. The blood WILL flow!]
I have to say, the charity shops in your area are up with the best. I'd be lucky to pick a decent vhs tape up in my local shops lol.

A Serbian Film in a charity shop, i've heard it all now
Old 26th June 2012, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Chucky+ View Post
I have to say, the charity shops in your area are up with the best. I'd be lucky to pick a decent vhs tape up in my local shops lol.
The other day I spotted a sign in an Oxfam window saying 'we no longer except video tapes' - so at least some of them are starting to move with the times . . .
Old 26th June 2012, 07:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
The other day I spotted a sign in an Oxfam window saying 'we no longer except video tapes' - so at least some of them are starting to move with the times . . .
I still take mine in
Old 26th June 2012, 07:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

No signs here,but i'm waiting on the crow dvd steelbook from germany,zombie 3 and return of the living dead 2 from france which has the original audio track that I like and remember when I first viewed the movie. Have the region 2 amazon.co.uk version which has different audio and its crap.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

There are now yet more old VHS tapes of which I can get rid!

Last edited by Gojirosan; 27th June 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 27th June 2012, 12:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

A Book

Big Brother - The inside story

i'll tell you why, ive watched the last 2 BB's and found them decent to a degree and ive wondered what happens when they come out. Do they get the fame they wanted or is it something else.

Well this book interviews the people from Big Bro 1-8 and they say what happened to them after they came out. So it says if they got the fame they wanted or did it ruin thir lives etc. It goes through the Audition process, the call to say when gthey go in, to behind the scenes on launch night, to going in, nomination and through the whole process

Ive ordered 100 Sci Fi classics and Psychic world of Derek Acorah dvds
Old 27th June 2012, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
A Book

Big Brother - The inside story

i'll tell you why, ive watched the last 2 BB's and found them decent to a degree and ive wondered what happens when they come out. Do they get the fame they wanted or is it something else.

Well this book interviews the people from Big Bro 1-8 and they say what happened to them after they came out. So it says if they got the fame they wanted or did it ruin thir lives etc. It goes through the Audition process, the call to say when they go in, to behind the scenes on launch night, to going in, nomination and through the whole process

Ive ordered 100 Sci Fi classics and Psychic world of Derek Acorah dvds
So they poke them with acupunture needles then? cool.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 27th June 2012, 01:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
So they poke them with acupunture needles then? cool.
Yeah, they say how hard it hurt them
Old 27th June 2012, 03:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My copy of Ninja III: The Domination arrived today, a whole 2 days after being shipped from Germany. Once again, the German branch of Amazon running rings around our very own play.com with their delivery times.

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/253485-post197.html

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 27th June 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 27th June 2012, 03:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Another load of dvd's + 1 cd

Good job it's pay day on Friday Not that I'll be going too mad, my main splurge recently was because I have a week off next week so I'll want to get plenty of films watched.

Like this? Share it using the links below!